Options

Just Lost My Fuckin job

2»

Comments

• Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    What A fuckin day just lost my job two days before My three pearl jam Concerts. now i have to tell my wife and my 9 month year old Daughter. I was Looking Forward to these conceerts now I'm going to have so much on my mind during these shows. WTF
    When God closes on door he opens up another.Chin Up and enjoy the shows!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Yeah, unemployment ASAP is good advice. Even if you got some kind of comp. from the job at least when thats done you will have the check coming and all the paperwork done.

Things suck when you worry. Do the best, add a band -aid until after your shows, then go for a bigger, better job!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    I am SO SORRY, but you know how it could be worse? You'd lose your job and NOT have the shows to go to. No shit. Don't you DARE let the crap get in the way of your getting into the shows, life is one curveball after the other, but things do have a way of working out, PLEASE, BELIEVE ME. These shows are precious, they will be your salvation during this time, look forward to them, revel in them!!!

And keep in mind, you are a food service professional in a country loaded with hungry people, most of whom don't know how to eat or how to cook -- the next job is around the corner!!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    wife and kids asleep but he's still away and his brain ways the curse of 30 bills unpaid.... I like that song
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    hey, me too... boo

Im not worried, we'll find new jobs
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    simcolesimcole Posts: 7
    I wanted to ring in and say I feel you pain. No kidding 10 minutes ago mine "Dissolved". I'm going to enjoy the unemployment for at least a week and the free time. Someone stimulate the economy please. I need it too.
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    I hate to be that guy, but I'm just going to say it.... Might you and your family be better served by you selling your tickets, so you can pick up some extra cash from the tickets and not incur any travel expenses... or maybe sell tixs to 2 of the shows so you can at least enjoy 1 show..

of course i have no idea of your financial situation. just a thought though
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Really sorry. I can relate since it happened to me several years ago around Xmas. As a single mom with no support from his dad I was devasted but pulled it together for him and he had a great b'day and Xmas and I got a better job in January. If you need to, sell one or two of the shows tix, get the bootlegs and enjoy the hell out of the show that works best financially for your family. Good luck!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    MrsOakley wrote:
    I am SO SORRY, but you know how it could be worse? You'd lose your job and NOT have the shows to go to. No shit. Don't you DARE let the crap get in the way of your getting into the shows, life is one curveball after the other, but things do have a way of working out, PLEASE, BELIEVE ME. These shows are precious, they will be your salvation during this time, look forward to them, revel in them!!!

And keep in mind, you are a food service professional in a country loaded with hungry people, most of whom don't know how to eat or how to cook -- the next job is around the corner!!

This is god damn brilliant dude.
  • Options
    njdevilsnjdevils Posts: 5
    You wouldn't happen to live in Jersey would you. I am assistant administrator in a nursing home in central jersey. Our food services director sucks!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    that sucks, I feel for you. Good Luck in your search and enjoy the fuck out of the shows as it may be the last fun before a stressful job search.
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Sorry to hear that, buddy.

I've been dealing with crap at work for months now. It sucks when a career you work for for so long just up and disappears.

Hang in there.

PJ will get you through. They have always done it for me.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    nimsu8 wrote:
    I hate to be that guy, but I'm just going to say it.... Might you and your family be better served by you selling your tickets, so you can pick up some extra cash from the tickets and not incur any travel expenses... or maybe sell tixs to 2 of the shows so you can at least enjoy 1 show..

of course i have no idea of your financial situation. just a thought though

Was thinking the same thing, well put.

Given2fly42, good luck, I have several friends in the same situation. Honestly, it is a scary time since it isn't so easy to just find something else right now. I know everyone says just enjoy the shows and yada yada, but just make sure you're doing right by your family first and foremost.

Take care and I hope things turn out for the best!
  • Options
    e rocke rock Posts: 2
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I've been there. One old guy life lesson I would like to share is that since going to my first pearl jam show 17 years ago, the shows to me have become markers in my life story. What was going on...good or bad...in my life at the time i remember in relation to those shows. I suggest breathing each one in deep as you can. Then remember it. Use it as an anchor to look back to.
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Hang in there. Theres always something around the bend