Options

Just Lost My Fuckin job

given2fly42given2fly42 Posts: 16
edited June 2008 in The Porch
What A fuckin day just lost my job two days before My three pearl jam Concerts. now i have to tell my wife and my 9 month year old Daughter. I was Looking Forward to these conceerts now I'm going to have so much on my mind during these shows. WTF
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    damn, bro. sorry. i know how that goes.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Dang man, sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up, things can only get better from here.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Wow that sucks....Go to your shows and enjoy yourself...Then hit the pavement another job is right around the corner for you...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    What A fuckin day just lost my job two days before My three pearl jam Concerts. now i have to tell my wife and my 9 month year old Daughter. I was Looking Forward to these conceerts now I'm going to have so much on my mind during these shows. WTF
    Aww that sucks man. I was in the process of looking for a fulltime but delayed it because of the tour. I'm currently working parttime and can barely pay my bills. Yet, I"m going to 5 shows and planning to get all the boots.

Hopefully, things will be get better for all of us who are in debt. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    I'm sorry to hear that...something like that happened to me...

Just out of college, had a job lined up, then 1 day before 3 PJ concerts in a 4 day stretch, they call and tell me the company has been sold and they aren't filling that position.

The PJ concerts ended up being good for me though. And I got another offer very soon.

So, it's tough, but enjoy yourself and let yourself not think abotu reality for just a few hours. You'll have plenty of time to deal with the reality of the situation. And I don't know any company that interviews between 9 PM and midnight anyhow. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    sorry man
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'm sorry to hear that...something like that happened to me...

Just out of college, had a job lined up, then 1 day before 3 PJ concerts in a 4 day stretch, they call and tell me the company has been sold and they aren't filling that position.

The PJ concerts ended up being good for me though. And I got another offer very soon.

So, it's tough, but enjoy yourself and let yourself not think abotu reality for just a few hours. You'll have plenty of time to deal with the reality of the situation. And I don't know any company that interviews between 9 PM and midnight anyhow. ;)
    Word? I wouldn't even go to a job interview if they're doing it at 9PM-midnight.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    What kind of work do you do man?
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    I am Or was a food service director for assisted living community
  • Options
    Were there budget cutbacks? I know those places run pretty tight operating budgets. I am very sorry you got laid off. I know how you feel, I was laid off back in January. Though it seems like the end of the world, it ain't. With a little elbow grease you'll be up and running again in no time.
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I feel your pain... that happened to me in 05 but I was in the middle of buying a new house at the time. I actually had one of my friends who still worked at my company tell the Loan Officer that I was still employed and in good standing. From that point on I did what I had to do for a job, it didn't matter what kind of work I did as long as we had money coming in.

You will get through this, it just sucks.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me right before Christmas once.

It really, really sucks. You'll pull through though.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    damn.. that sucks. sorry to hear. =/
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I was let go last October.

BLAME BUSH!!!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    get a big gold ring that says jesus saves
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that bro. Keep your chin up, are you able to collect? if so, then make the most of it and hit the pavement as soon as possible to land something. Don't make the shows a distraction just a sort of oasis in the middle of your crazy life . . . it seems like every tour its something, for me 2000 i was taking the bar exam; 2003 embroiled in a dispute with my now former boss, 2004 was good no issues, 2005 leaving the firm i was at and started my own and had to eat my Bortoga ticket!, 2006 was great no issues, although my friend was going through a divorce, 2007 Lolla smooth, and 2008 I foresee some issues with work.
    But certainly not to the extent that you have presently, just don't quit, something will turn up . . .
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 469
    soory to hear it......if you're going to MSG, I'll get u a shot beforehand

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    sorry to hear that. go to the shows and have a good time.

i lost my job 8 months ago, and have just been working temp jobs till my year non compete clause is up.

but i actually may have just found something that i can do, and still get around my non compete agreement.

good luck, just try and have fun at the shows, and enjoy yourself.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I am very sorry to hear about your job loss. :(
    I hope you were given some sort of compensation until you can get back on your feet.
    Your wife will understand. And baby is too young to know. All she knows now is that she loves you. :)
    Keep your chin up and may you find some peace.
    It will be ok.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340

That fucking blows.... I tell you what though, I was out of work three years ago and people on this board were great.

You have a lot of contacts here, so who knows what can happen...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I'm right there with you dude. Happened to me in January. The economy and job market is such shit now. Make sure to file for unemployment ASAP.

http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/cwp/view.asp?a=355&q=235210
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Sorry man...enjoy the concerts though!!!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    DON'T EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT!! Go and have a killer time, and focus on the search when you return. This happened to me in 06. but the crazy thing was, a door opened up, and I was able to attend so many shows on that west coast tour. Things just fell into place. I made the least amount of money that year, but I banked so many memories and experiences, and being jobless at the same time. Now I sit here at my desk, reading all the fan reviews, wishing I was broke and jobless again..just for the moment of course, but seriously, now you don't have to worry about rushing back to work.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    you're 9 month year old?
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    sucks man...

at least you can collect unemployment

too bad the republicans blocked the extension on benefits....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    CrazywormCrazyworm Posts: 27

No matter how cold the winter, theres a spring time ahead...Dont sweat it bro everything happens for a reason, youll get back from the show and get a better job, so you dont want to regret worry while at the greatest events ever..
  • Options
    Ashy LarryAshy Larry Posts: 76
    I am sorry man and having a wife and child I truly feel your concern.

Whats done is done and as long as you can afford to, go to the concerts as planned.

Good luck on the job hunt! Stay persistant
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    how did you get away wiyh a nine month at home?

I got a 7 month and still cant do it

help
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    possomists wrote:
    get a big gold ring that says jesus saves

This can't go unacknowledged. Good one.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    Songburst wrote:
    This can't go unacknowledged. Good one.
    i was thinking the same thing...