Three Days Grace

2»

Comments

• MCGMCG Posts: 780
    bestsane wrote:
    I don't understand with you guys. People in this thread don't like Creed, Nickelback, Staind, Oasis bla bla bla and to my surprise, at the same time, you guys really love crappy artistes like Beastie Boys, Ryan Adams, John Mayer, OutKast bla bla bla.... Guess what? None of them can play descent guitar solos like Mark Tremonti or Noel Gallgher do. Now that's what you call talent.

The Beastie Boys are great, I suggest it is you sir who is crappy.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    All that corporate bullshit is lame as fuck. The music of those three bands are the prime examples of what is wrong with rock music not to mention that their image is killing rock as well.

I totally disagree with you about BB. I don't see how they are "Corporate Rock"

How many of their albums do you have ? I know your answer "I dont need to have any of their albums to know they suck." Image ? I've never heard anything from the band putting out there they are hard or bad ass. A lot of their songs are angry thats what makes them good.

From other posts in this thread it sounds like you're an Oasis fan. Should I even continue.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    so yeah, uh, and 3DG's cover of black was way better than stainds! so there.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    totally, look at all those hair metal douchebags (so anyone in a hair metal band ever, whether it was the 80s or they were in like hinder or buckcherry now which I can't decide if that's worse or not, I think so) some of them could really play guitar but it's without fail the single worst genre of music in history. That being said look at (don't want to use this example because it might lead this thread down the Cobain sucks path but I will) Nirvana, technically not too profound but amazing songs. all those nickelbacketc. bands and this includes, default, theory of a deadman, three doors down, Alter bridge and thousands more are completly redundant, like if you just go back a decade and look at the bands that the were aping they are almost all way way better. It's like the people who buy Godsmack records instead of Alice in Chains cds, like why? they're just a shitty rip off it's so obvious to anyone with context. All these bands are the musical equivalent of if RC cola suddenly was everywhere and barely anyone cared about coke or pepsi anymore just the knock shit and people thought it was an original idea.
    everything you wrote here is 100% true. i've been trying to tell people this for years but no one likes good music anyway so what's the point?
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    everything you wrote here is 100% true. i've been trying to tell people this for years but no one likes good music anyway so what's the point?

I stopped worrying about like people I don't really talk to but if someone I actually like as a person listens to shitty music I fix it, like this girl used to work with at HMV is into all that horrible emo shit so one of the girls I worked with and I got her to at least appreciate social D and some other bands but now that we're gone I can imagine it all regressing, otherwise just ignore it, channel and try not to think about it as much as you can, the fact that basically all radio sucks does not help one bit
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421