Three Days Grace

a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Saw them last night along with Puddle of Mudd, and the headliners Breaking Ben at Montage in Scranton last night. didnt catch openers Leo...

3 Days Grace lead singer covered Pearl Jam's Black during the show, didn't do that bad of a job but ill give it a meh. They were prolly the best band there though. They did cover hey man nice shot from filter during one of their songs tho, that was cool.

Breaking Ben just did all their hits and didn't even do an encore for their hometown fans. And they hardly passed an hour of playing...

Puddle of Mudd was the only reason I wanted to go, short set of course - understandable, but during she f*cking hates me they taged on that stupid song from greece, (tell me more tell me more, blah blah f*cking blah) kinda lost some respect for them there. Their new song famous is good though.

overall concert was a big meh. not terrible but def not great.
Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Three Days Grace, Puddle Of Mudd, and Breaking Benjamin.............seriously, how were you even expecting a decent show?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I saw 3 Days Grace open up 2 nights for the Rolling Stones, they were fucking brutal.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I saw Three Days Grace open for Velvet Revolver and I was so drunk that I barely remember it. I only recall complaining through every song that they all sounded the same. That and almost throwing up.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    did breaking benjamin sing that song about rain from their first cd? that's a great song and hard to believe it's them! did ben learn how to sing yet? i saw them in concert maybe two years ago and he could not sing...

i like 3 days grace but you will get mostly negative comments from other people on this board.

puddle of mudd are misogynists.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    MCG wrote:
    I saw 3 Days Grace open up 2 nights for the Rolling Stones, they were fucking brutal.

excuse me, i'm older and i get confused b/c often young people saying something is sick meaning it was awesome. what's brutal mean in this instance?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Brutal = Terrible
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    one of my best friends went to this show (or he was dragged there by his new girlfriend). i was like, "when you're done being a pussy come over to my house and we'll drink some beer and listen to GOOD music... whenever you're ready".
    guess he couldn't get tix for the Nickelback/Staind show.... ugh.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    iluvcats wrote:
    excuse me, i'm older and i get confused b/c often young people saying something is sick meaning it was awesome. what's brutal mean in this instance?

LOL Brutal as in bad :D
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    iluvcats wrote:
    i like 3 days grace but you will get mostly negative comments from other people on this board.

and rightfully so
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I seen 3 days grace once.....not very good at all.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    a5pj wrote:
    Saw them last night along with Puddle of Mudd, and the headliners Breaking Ben at Montage in Scranton last night. didnt catch openers Leo...

3 Days Grace lead singer covered Pearl Jam's Black during the show, didn't do that bad of a job but ill give it a meh. They were prolly the best band there though. They did cover hey man nice shot from filter during one of their songs tho, that was cool.

Breaking Ben just did all their hits and didn't even do an encore for their hometown fans. And they hardly passed an hour of playing...

Puddle of Mudd was the only reason I wanted to go, short set of course - understandable, but during she f*cking hates me they taged on that stupid song from greece, (tell me more tell me more, blah blah f*cking blah) kinda lost some respect for them there. Their new song famous is good though.

overall concert was a big meh. not terrible but def not great.

I was there too. not for the bands really, but just to have a good time. Breaking Ben sucked big time. totally lame "post-grunge" bullshit. Three Days Grace isn't my usual cup of tea (and I won't probably ever listen to them again) but they were ok I guess, lot of energy on stage and the Black cover was nothing offensive (far superior to Aaron Lewis' whining). oh, and "Puddle of Mud" should really change their name to "Pile of Shit"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    i like them. they like pain
    its ok
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I saw Three Days Grace open for VR, I thought they were OK. I didn't like them, but they weren't TERRIBLE either.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    a5pj wrote:
    ...3 Days Grace lead singer covered Pearl Jam's Black during the show, didn't do that bad of a job but ill give it a meh...

Ugh.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I was at the show in Philly Festival Pier.

Puddle of Mudd didn't play, not sure why.

I'm a fan of Breaking Benjamin I thought they played great. Short set due to Co-Headlining with TDG. I liked Ben doing "HURT" from NIN.

TDG started off a little slow, but they sounded better about half-way through their set.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Three Days Grace, Puddle Of Mudd, and Breaking Benjamin.............seriously, how were you even expecting a decent show?
    you seriously need to get your head of Liam's ass..

3DG and BB are real good rock bands... (but yes, puddle of mudd are garbage).. you sir, are an asshole
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=J2qywPBSNEQ

It's a pretty good cover...
    i thought no band was worthy of covering a PJ song...

(for the record its a decent cover...)

3DG are a decent band.. Pain and Home are my 2 fav songs. animals i've become is a good one too
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    you seriously need to get your head of Liam's ass..

3DG and BB are real good rock bands... (but yes, puddle of mudd are garbage).. you sir, are an asshole

All that corporate bullshit is lame as fuck. The music of those three bands are the prime examples of what is wrong with rock music not to mention that their image is killing rock as well.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    All that corporate bullshit is lame as fuck. The music of those three bands are the prime examples of what is wrong with rock music not to mention that their image is killing rock as well.

What do you mean by their image is killing rock? I'm just wondering exactly what you mean.
    What do you mean by their image is killing rock? I'm just wondering exactly what you mean.

Lame corporate rockers that think they are tough

Example: "Pain I cant get enough, pain I like it rough, id rather feel pain then nothing at all"
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Example: "Pain I cant get enough, pain I like it rough, id rather feel pain then nothing at all"

I'll agree with you there, I can't stand that song.

"maybe.. you're gonna be the one to save me, and afterall.. you're my wonderwall" is any better....
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    oppie1 wrote:
    "maybe.. you're gonna be the one to save me, and afterall.. you're my wonderwall" is any better....

I don't understand with you guys. People in this thread don't like Creed, Nickelback, Staind, Oasis bla bla bla and to my surprise, at the same time, you guys really love crappy artistes like Beastie Boys, Ryan Adams, John Mayer, OutKast bla bla bla.... Guess what? None of them can play descent guitar solos like Mark Tremonti or Noel Gallgher do. Now that's what you call talent.
    bestsane wrote:
    I don't understand with you guys. People in this thread don't like Creed, Nickelback, Staind, Oasis bla bla bla and to my surprise, at the same time, you guys really love crappy artistes like Beastie Boys, Ryan Adams, John Mayer, OutKast bla bla bla.... Guess what? None of them can play descent guitar solos like Mark Tremonti or Noel Gallgher do. Now that's what you call talent.

I like Staind and Oasis.
    bestsane wrote:

Mark Tremonti may be able to play a good guitar solo but that still doesnt mean that they make good music. Rush has a great drummer but they still suck. Eddie Van Halen is a hell of a guitarist but their music is not good. I guess I am not going anywhere with this besides that I can recognize talent even in bad bands. By the way, props for the Noel Gallagher comment.........he may not be the best musician ever but he makes some incredibly catchy stuff and is a pretty solid guitarist.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    bestsane wrote:

oh i see. so now we're judging the quality of music based on (decent) guitar solos? LMAO!!!! :D:D

and as for those bands/people you named, i love two of them. guess which two? :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Mark Tremonti may be able to play a good guitar solo but that still doesnt mean that they make good music. Rush has a great drummer but they still suck. Eddie Van Halen is a hell of a guitarist but their music is not good. I guess I am not going anywhere with this besides that I can recognize talent even in bad bands. By the way, props for the Noel Gallagher comment.........he may not be the best musician ever but he makes some incredibly catchy stuff and is a pretty solid guitarist.

totally, look at all those hair metal douchebags (so anyone in a hair metal band ever, whether it was the 80s or they were in like hinder or buckcherry now which I can't decide if that's worse or not, I think so) some of them could really play guitar but it's without fail the single worst genre of music in history. That being said look at (don't want to use this example because it might lead this thread down the Cobain sucks path but I will) Nirvana, technically not too profound but amazing songs. all those nickelbacketc. bands and this includes, default, theory of a deadman, three doors down, Alter bridge and thousands more are completly redundant, like if you just go back a decade and look at the bands that the were aping they are almost all way way better. It's like the people who buy Godsmack records instead of Alice in Chains cds, like why? they're just a shitty rip off it's so obvious to anyone with context. All these bands are the musical equivalent of if RC cola suddenly was everywhere and barely anyone cared about coke or pepsi anymore just the knock shit and people thought it was an original idea.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    totally, look at all those hair metal douchebags (so anyone in a hair metal band ever, whether it was the 80s or they were in like hinder or buckcherry now which I can't decide if that's worse or not, I think so) some of them could really play guitar but it's without fail the single worst genre of music in history. That being said look at (don't want to use this example because it might lead this thread down the Cobain sucks path but I will) Nirvana, technically not too profound but amazing songs. all those nickelbacketc. bands and this includes, default, theory of a deadman, three doors down, Alter bridge and thousands more are completly redundant, like if you just go back a decade and look at the bands that the were aping they are almost all way way better. It's like the people who buy Godsmack records instead of Alice in Chains cds, like why? they're just a shitty rip off it's so obvious to anyone with context. All these bands are the musical equivalent of if RC cola suddenly was everywhere and barely anyone cared about coke or pepsi anymore just the knock shit and people thought it was an original idea.

Great post and its true that some people that I would not consider the best musicians have made great music (Nirvana, The Ramones, etc.) And what you said about all those corporate bands nowadays is true and what makes them even worse is that they are making music that isnt even hip anymore.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006