Ben Harper's new album

2»

Comments

• mookie9999 wrote:
    I've seen Ben a few times. He's never disappointed.

Im sure he's disappointed sometimes - Like when he catches his kids drinking out of the milk carton or something. :)
    Don't gimme no lip
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I just got my dvd/cd/mini poster and picture book today. I'm listening to the cd right now and I can't wait till Sept 17th. Washington DC will be rocking that night for sure.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I just got my dvd/cd/mini poster and picture book today. I'm listening to the cd right now and I can't wait till Sept 17th. Washington DC will be rocking that night for sure.

Peace

My 3rd time listening to the song "Younger Than Today" very nice.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    there are some good songs on this album....I myself like fight outta you...can't wait to see them in philly!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    BEN HARPER UNplugged and Off the Cuff talking about the new album.

Peace

• TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Ben sitting on the bed in his hotel room playing 3 songs from his new album on his acoustic guitar!:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7xZsOsVSQQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PGKnNyH18
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy-O_ZdaOYE
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • BUY IT!!!!!!

Really fucking good album. That's what you should call music....it's at his best.

Lifeline is all the money worth and even if it would have cost 3 times more it would have been worth.

The roots of rock melted with a hole lot of emotions....pefect.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Im sure he's disappointed sometimes - Like when he catches his kids drinking out of the milk carton or something. :)

About the milk. Disappointed, no. Violently Angry? You Betcha!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Rhyno wrote:
    I love Ben! I'd love to see a show of BH and PJ.

Anyway, a quick question for those who've seen Ben live...do you know if they have the same camera policy as Pearl Jam (or a similar one)?

Probably depends on the venue. At the show i attended, there was a guy standing a few feet away from me in he front row, and Harper came down from the stage, leaned over the barricade, and posed for a photo with the guy. Safe to say the band is camera friendly.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • What does the DVD have on it?

The DVD is live session done in a studio in Washington. It contains the same exact songs than the CD.
    And IMHO Ben is always much better live than on a studio album.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    rhinomagic wrote:
    You should've been at the shows on the 1996 US tour. It was INCREDIBLE!

Seeing BHIC in New Orleans @ Voodoo Music Festival this October. Can't wait!

Yes, this was the first time that I had seen him- open for PJ in Lauderdale- damn good show.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    my2hands wrote:
    ben harper is the fucking man

:D
    Couldn't have said it any better
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I love all of Ben's stuff, but I'm loving the latest more than I ever have with any of his other albums. Paris Sunrise #7 and Lifeline in particular, I could listen to all day long and still appreciate their beauty. The first time I heard Paris Sunrise #7, I just had to close my eyes and drink it in. Pure heaven. And THEN I watched the XM DVD and my jaw just dropped watching him play it. I had no idea how complicated it actually was; it sounded very simple when I first heard it. But yeah, definitely worth the money if you're into this kind of music.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
    Just saw BHIC and man what a show at the intimate Warner Theatre in DC. He played about 6 songs from LIFELINE and my favorites "Fight Outta You" and "Younger Than Today".

He was funny cracking it up with the crowd the highlights..."Use Me" by Bill Withers and "Masters Of War" by Bob Dylan. Lowlights..F...ing security staff didn't want us to stand up and dance until he played The great rendition of "Use Me".

Overall a great show ran into the percussionist Leon Mobley before the show who said hi to us and shook my hand. Man, he has some strong hands. Then after the 1st 3 songs BH wanted to see the crowd, lights went up and he points out people from all then points out me with because of my peace sign t-shirt and again at the end of the show. :)

Totally awesome and we did end up dancing are asses off, the overwhelming mass couldn't be stopped by security.

Peace

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Love Lifeline!!

Fight Outta You, In the Colors, Fool for a Lonesome Train, Say You Will, Put It on Me

All killer tunes!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    g under p wrote:
    Just saw BHIC and man what a show at the intimate Warner Theatre in DC. He played about 6 songs from LIFELINE and my favorites "Fight Outta You" and "Younger Than Today".

He was funny cracking it up with the crowd the highlights..."Use Me" by Bill Withers and "Masters Of War" by Bob Dylan. Lowlights..F...ing security staff didn't want us to stand up and dance until he played The great rendition of "Use Me".

Overall a great show ran into the percussionist Leon Mobley before the show who said hi to us and shook my hand. Man, he has some strong hands. Then after the 1st 3 songs BH wanted to see the crowd, lights went up and he points out people from all then points out me with because of my peace sign t-shirt and again at the end of the show. :)

Totally awesome and we did end up dancing are asses off, the overwhelming mass couldn't be stopped by security.

Peace
    That's a great review, thanks! I am going to see my first Ben Harper show this November in Seattle.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That's a great review, thanks! I am going to see my first Ben Harper show this November in Seattle.

It was a really great show and here's another version of Masters Of War which was much closer to the version he played tonight only more, much more intense. :)

Peace