Fashion and Music (Cornell)

2»

Comments

• Afraid? You should be proud!! :D

Larger series of comics? I wanna see those!
    You're right - I should be more scared of what some of the fanboys and fangirls over on the CC boards are gonna do to me. :p Chris would probably just get Timbaland to write some sort of "diss" song about me.

And I'll PM you a link. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    Igottago wrote:
    Yeah, you might have turned out to be more like Chris Cornell.

I couldn't give a shit what the guy wears but his music and this whole mainstream desperation he is showing is so fucking disgraceful and a joke. I see Chris Cornell as nothing more than a joke nowadays.

Ahh, thats hogwash. Yea I wish he would get back together with his old SG buddies and put out a few more albums, that would be great. He is moving in a different direction now. I dont like it either but he is far from a joke. How is he disgraceful, does he have something to prove??
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    I love the new single. Its not a big deal to me. I just love the music.. he can do whatever he wants.
    Nice to know you.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    the man who wrote those songs was in his 20s

when you hit your 40s you stop caring what people half your age think of you.

I guess you can say that, except all of pearl jam are in their 40's.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • ......you guys do realise this "Fashion Rocks" thing is a benefit for cancer research charities, don't you? To raise maximum funds and bring in TV viewers it's including a huge range of artists from a lot of different genres - rock, country, R&B, pop etc etc.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • ......you guys do realise this "Fashion Rocks" thing is a benefit for cancer research charities, don't you? To raise maximum funds and bring in TV viewers it's including a huge range of artists from a lot of different genres - rock, country, R&B, pop etc etc.
    That almost - almost - makes me feel bad about this.

http://www.freewebs.com/alsarticles/8%20Cornell.png

But the rest of the crap Cornell's been pulling recently makes me feel a lot better about it. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    That almost - almost - makes me feel bad about this.

http://www.freewebs.com/alsarticles/8%20Cornell.png

But the rest of the crap Cornell's been pulling recently makes me feel a lot better about it. :D

I was just at you website and saw this new one! :D
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • I was just at you website and saw this new one! :D
    You're a bad influence on me - these comics weren't supposed to require in-depth knowledge of Chris Cornell's career to find them funny. :p
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I think it is ignorant not too like someone buy the way they dress. That aside, I can't stand Cornells music.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Has anyone ever heard that song by L7 Mr Integrity? apt I say, very.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeAGNSSLJJg
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    my question is...........what in the world are you doing checking out fashion websites? i thought we were taking down a dam.....

oh wait....now i get it. looking for a disguise????
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Grunge100 wrote:
    Ahh, thats hogwash. Yea I wish he would get back together with his old SG buddies and put out a few more albums, that would be great. He is moving in a different direction now. I dont like it either but he is far from a joke. How is he disgraceful, does he have something to prove??

Yes, he has to prove that he has artistic integrity. But he's proven that he has none. Different direction my ass, he isn't doing anything new or exciting, he's doing stuff that will fit more into the top 40 mainstream culture and will bring him a bit more attention. Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado have already made the music he's releasing now. If you think this is some kind of brave new direction you are kidding yourself. Its a deliberate formula for top 40 recognition. Rod Stewart...oops, I mean Chris Cornell is a complete joke.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    ajedigecko wrote:
    my question is...........what in the world are you doing checking out fashion websites? i thought we were taking down a dam.....

oh wait....now i get it. looking for a disguise????

Initially Cornell wanted my band to play this gig so he gave me call. However, after insisting that we all wear a certain brand of jeans I told him to piss off.

Actually, someone at CC's site posted the link. I just copied it.

Back to the damn dam planning...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    your Cornell reminds me of Kirk Hammett :)
  • elmer wrote:
    your Cornell reminds me of Kirk Hammett :)
    Metallica aren't exactly at the height of their credibility, but not even Kirk would let his jeans dictate his career. ;)
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    Would now be a good time to start pretending that I never listened to his music in the first place?

http://music2nite.blogspot.com/2008/07/fashion-rocks-2008-performers.html

Whoa... what if Cornell did a song with Mariah Carey? I think it would be cool, two of the best voices ever plus the reaction it would get from yall would be entertaining. Even better, if Cornell and Mariah did HUNGER STRIKE like he did with Linkin Park... I could just imagine yall's reaction: "OMG, this has created such a mental obstruction for me that I can't even listen to BMF anymore, boohoo." - lol.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • dunkman wrote:
    cornell cancelled a show for his fans so he could go to a much more lucrative gig in which a designer jeans company paid him to sings his songs... his fans paid their good money only for their singer to blow them off for a denim promo

he's a cock

He made up the show, which can't be said for many bands including Pearl Jam.