I got Guns N Roses tix!!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    holtz wrote:
    GNR played an acoustic set after the first wembley show, heres some pictures-
    http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75951&st=0

I guess random fans won tickets to see the acoustic gig.

Setlist-
    You're Crazy, Mr. Brownstone, Used To Love Her,
    Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's
    Door, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sway, Sailing, Nightrain,
    IRS, Paradise City

Brilliant pics, thanks for that. My god the band were like "touchable" How amazing would that have been to see that wee cosy gig!

Has Axl finally accepted fans taking his pic now :D
    He'd have a busy night battering everyone with mobile phone/camera's! hehe
    elmer wrote:
    yeah I like Better, few other new ones I like but I mean why has nt he put these new songs out and form the recent setlists he likes to stick with the classics.............whilst it shows the greatness of the music that gnr, no sorry axl, can tour 15years later on the back of appetite/illusions there is still something a bit fucked that it appears the new songs will never get an official release and this is axl gathering some pocket money so as to spend the next decade playing around in studios(or whatever it is he does with himself)

I hear ya, i thought The Blues went down really well for wotever reason at Glasgow, i mean good song but i wasn't expecting the reaction it got, place went mental for Better!
    Surely must be nearer Chinese Democracy release day now :)
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I hear ya, i thought The Blues went down really well for wotever reason at Glasgow, i mean good song but i wasn't expecting the reaction it got, place went mental for Better!
    Surely must be nearer Chinese Democracy release day now :)
    well I do hope so, its an album Id purchase without question and this is something considering that other than pj(maybe tricky) there is no other act whatsoever who´d album Id get............as a music fan nowadays I feel like Im alive in the wrong time...........................
    elmer wrote:
    well I do hope so, its an album Id purchase without question and this is something considering that other than pj(maybe tricky) there is no other act whatsoever who´d album Id get............as a music fan nowadays I feel like Im alive in the wrong time...........................

You mean Use Your Illusion albums haven't just been released and we're not just entering the "grunge" era?!?!?!! .... :(

lol, again i hear ya :D
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    holtz wrote:
    '92 was the most bloated GNR ever was, they were very much on drugs and alcohol and it showed in their performance and behavior. The '91 and '93 shows were drastically different and better IMO.

This is true. What a lot of people don't understand is that they were coming apart at the seems for a long time. The chemistry was all but lost even before they split up - officially.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
    You mean Use Your Illusion albums haven't just been released and we're not just entering the "grunge" era?!?!?!! .... :(
    :D
    move with the times? No. Just get on with it? No. Accept changing times (men wearing pink shirts etc etc). NO. As I see it, its still 1994, has been for the past 12yrs. I have vast reserves of integrity on this subject, girlfriend dares question my music? shes gone!
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    with all due respect, seeing GNR now seems anti-climactic. No Slash, No Duff, No Izzy......meh, think I'll pass. There was a time I thought Axl had the best voice in rock-n-roll.......about 15 years ago. Dude is an ass.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    with all due respect, seeing GNR now seems anti-climactic. No Slash, No Duff, No Izzy......

Actually Izzy showed up at alot of the European shows and once in NYC. I had a problem with Slash not being there at first, I'll take Tommy Stinson over Duff anyday, but seeing Axl perform again and enjoy himself makes me get over the fact that its a different band.
  • *dos Mr Brownstone dance*

for Glasgow! woooooooooo..i've only been waiting like 15yr for this lol

Have fun waiting five hours for them not to show up
    PearlJam134.gif
    Have fun waiting five hours for them not to show up

lol it's been they were fuking great next time read the whole thread if u wanna dis :)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Glasgow SECC UK Set List - 21st July 2006

01 Welcome To The Jungle
    02 It's So Easy
    03 Mr. Brownstone
    04 Live And Let Die
    05 Better
    06 Robin Guitar Solo
    07 Sweet Child O' Mine
    08 You Could Be Mine
    09 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    10 Jam & Dizzy Piano Solo
    11 The Blues
    12 Richard And Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful)
    13 Out Ta Get Me
    14 Jam (Axl on piano)
    15 November Rain
    16 Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Dont Cry)
    17 Think About You (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
    18 Patience (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
    19 Used to Love her (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
    20 Nightrain (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Encores:

21 Madagascar
    22 Robin Solo
    23 Paradise City (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Fucking too awesome! 1 of the best nights of my life, not just saying it.
    After standing for 2 hours, sweating to death with alota drunk people they came on at 10pm
    I don't know wot the atmospheric music or noises were they played right before WTTJ intro but my bones were vibrating lol i kid u not,
    it just seem to pump everyone up all the more when WTTJ started the place erupted it was crazy. My feet are covered in bruises!
    After the 1st song Axl told the crowd "u's guys are insane!!, u's are fuking insane!!, then said he was Scottish! He then asked everyone to step back, people were getting lifted out at all angles (i was quite near the front in the centre)
    He was warm and friendly with the crowd, he was in a great mood!
    He picked up a bra that had been flung up on stage (it was 1 of they padded 1's) and said he was going to eat his shreddies out it in the morning! He said all he needed was some Scottish milk lol. 1 of the highlights for me was seeing him with the Scotland flag drapped around him, i so hope someone has a pic of that. I had a dissposible camera which i lost start of Mr Brownstone hehe
    Ah Izzy came on for Think About You was amazing, and even shared some singing on Used To Love Her. 'I would like to introduce' the crowd was already going ballistic. Ladies and gentlemen... Izzy fuckin' Stradlin!!

I thought Axl's voice was as powerful as ever. New songs sounded great. Thought of AxlUlrich when Madagascar came on :)
    My boyf isn't a fan and hated the standing but even he had to say it was heavy!

Minor quibbles - bit too much instrumental stalling time

pics courtesy of GN'R strip

Look at Axl's face in the 1st pic, don't he look like 1 happy comfortable mofo :D

gnrglasgow2il5.jpg

gnrglasgow4kc8.jpg

gnrglasgow6yu1.jpg

gnrglasgow7wv9.jpg

gnrglasgow12gl2.jpg

Long live Axl and long live Gun 'N' Fuckin' Roses. :D

Update from Brum.... :D:D

We got pretty much same set list but also got My Michelle with Axl & Seb Bach sharing vocals and an opening slot from Skid Row as well as Bullet... and I'll echo the comments above, fucking GREEEEEAAAAAT gig!!

I had the pleasure of seeing them at Donington and on the Illusion tour and yeah it's not the same without Slash but they put on a fantastic night and Axl was the best I've seen him, even threw in a Cartman impression :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Update from Brum.... :D:D

We got pretty much same set list but also got My Michelle with Axl & Seb Bach sharing vocals and an opening slot from Skid Row as well as Bullet... and I'll echo the comments above, fucking GREEEEEAAAAAT gig!!

I had the pleasure of seeing them at Donington and on the Illusion tour and yeah it's not the same without Slash but they put on a fantastic night and Axl was the best I've seen him, even threw in a Cartman impression :D

Pretty dam cool u got some Skid Row :D
    Axl was amazing, not only his voice but his warmth with the crowd, he seems to be really enjoying himself ..so much for him not turning up eh :rolleyes: he's even doing South Park these days :cool:
    I've noticed quite a few GN'R posts and a lot of replies, so I would like to just let people know what looks to be a fantastic fall/ winter for any GNR fans

1) They just finished their European summer tour. They played to over 700,000 people - all reports are that the shows were dynamite - Axl Rose actually seems happy - and his new band is clicking right now

2) He just confirmed that a US tour in the fall is coming

3) This after stating in May that they'd play a few shows in NY City , go to Europe, and release Chinese Democracy this year

Cool fucking news for fans of Guns. If you haven't given the new band a shot because you just can't picture them without Slash & Duff..understandable, but go to youtube and check out some gigs - I think you'd be surprised

Good stuff up to this point - let's just hope there's no implosion!
    I'll keep taking punches
    With Axl there will always be an implosion. I hate to say it because GNR (and Metallica) got me into music when I was 11 years old. He's just a dick, no two ways about it. Egomaniacal, woman beating dick.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Axl ill then huh? No surprise there then.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    With Axl there will always be an implosion. I hate to say it because GNR (and Metallica) got me into music when I was 11 years old. He's just a dick, no two ways about it. Egomaniacal, woman beating dick.

There does seem to be a change in the guy nowadays, but it's hard to argue with what you said
    I'll keep taking punches
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    come on, how´d u know hes a woman beater, he is an oddball
    elmer wrote:
    come on, how´d u know hes a woman beater, he is an oddball

It's been pretty well documented.
    Both of his past wives/girlfriends or whatever have testified in court that he's Bi-Polar and smacked them around.

Maybe he's gotten some help, who knows?

I just want the album in my hands before the new year, myself
    I'll keep taking punches
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Both of his past wives/girlfriends or whatever have testified in court that he's Bi-Polar and smacked them around.

Maybe he's gotten some help, who knows?

I just want the album in my hands before the new year, myself
    well seymour appeared to me a total high-class bitch, she probly deserved it, in his position it have been hard to distinguish peoples true intentions towards him
    Whatever bro, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you on when a woman deserves to be bitch-slapped??????

I just want the record
    I'll keep taking punches
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    no slash = not gnr
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Whatever bro, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you on when a woman deserves to be bitch-slapped??????

I just want the record
    yeah I know, Im not condoning violence towards women or anything but y´know just trying to see another side, read an interview with his housekeeper Beta who apparently is v close to him and she had nothing bad to say of him....she originally met axl thru seymour and chose to remain on his side after the split so he obviously cant of been no abusive monster (this taking the interview to be true)
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Are these tickets for a '91 GNR show? If not, then you aren't seeing GNR.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    mwachsman wrote:
    Are these tickets for a '91 GNR show? If not, then you aren't seeing GNR.

Wow you are so original! Actually in '91 you weren't seeing the original GNR either. I don't think anyone is fooled into thinking this new band is classic GNR but they can still be fun to go and see.
    elmer wrote:
    yeah I know, Im not condoning violence towards women or anything but y´know just trying to see another side, read an interview with his housekeeper Beta who apparently is v close to him and she had nothing bad to say of him....she originally met axl thru seymour and chose to remain on his side after the split so he obviously cant of been no abusive monster (this taking the interview to be true)

I hear ya my friend. I tend to sympathize with the guy myself because of the effect his music has had on my life. Vedder's in the same boat for me, either way, I'm feeling really good about everything surround GNR these days.
    I'll keep taking punches
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    no slash = not gnr

AXL = GN'R
    always has been

hahaha
    Always knew Chinese Democracy would be out
    Long live Axl, long live GN'R
    Oh and Velvet Revolver BLOW!