I got Guns N Roses tix!!!!!!!

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    yeah, it would be impossible for "them" to still rock because "they" are not "them" anymore, right?

but i'm sure axl will still break glass

To be honest with you it sucks i won't see Slash or Duff BUT for me Axl is and always has been Guns N' Roses and i love the new stuff so.. :)
    I've heard mixed reviews of the shows so far so I'm just interested to see what you think :)

Today's the day!!
    Well i hope i'll be back with good news :)

I expected this thread to get bashed more than it has actually..cue the bashing haha
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Today's the day!!
    Well i hope i'll be back with good news :)

I expected this thread to get bashed more than it has actually..cue the bashing haha

Well if you insist! :D:D:p

No have a great time :D What time does the show start? Apparently Axl finally made it onto stage by 10:20 the other night :rolleyes:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Well if you insist! :D:D:p

No have a great time :D What time does the show start? Apparently Axl finally made it onto stage by 10:20 the other night :rolleyes:

You're kidding! 10.20?! The doors open at 6pm, says show starts at 6.30pm
    So if i'm drinking for 4 hours i will be wrecked and lucky to be able to see anything :p Wot time do u think they will come on at? if Axl isn't being pissy lol 9?
    You're kidding! 10.20?! The doors open at 6pm, says show starts at 6.30pm
    So if i'm drinking for 4 hours i will be wrecked and lucky to be able to see anything :p Wot time do u think they will come on at? if Axl isn't being pissy lol 9?

I dunno but a lot of fans were pissed off at the delay. Some said it was worth the wait, other's didn't think so. Guess it's each individual's view of the night.

Hopefully for you sake and your eye's (:p) they will come on earlier than that.

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    at 10: 20 pm i couldn´t be waiting for 2 or 3 hours for watch botox,junkie,looser axl, and watch them play all the classics ones and 2 or 3 weak new ones......
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    tonadax wrote:
    looser axl,

Maybe you shouldn't insult anyone else until you actually know how to spell 'loser'.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    maybe axl will be there.
  • MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    Last night was fucking awesome.They didnt take the stage til 10 and the crowd were starting to get pissed off but it was worth the wait. Kicking off with Welcome To The Jungle,Its So Easy + Mr Brownstone, the place basically went mental. People were passing out left right and centre.Classic after classic followed,they played 8 off Appetite which is obviously a good thing.Throw in a bit of Izzy Stradlin,an amazing Used To Love Her and that was the best night ive had in ages.Ended off with Paradise City at about 12:15, so you couldnt argue you didnt get your moneys worth.Brilliant.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    MJSB74 wrote:
    Last night was fucking awesome.They didnt take the stage til 10 and the crowd were starting to get pissed off but it was worth the wait. Kicking off with Welcome To The Jungle,Its So Easy + Mr Brownstone, the place basically went mental. People were passing out left right and centre.Classic after classic followed,they played 8 off Appetite which is obviously a good thing.Throw in a bit of Izzy Stradlin,an amazing Used To Love Her and that was the best night ive had in ages.Ended off with Paradise City at about 12:15, so you couldnt argue you didnt get your moneys worth.Brilliant.

I fuckin' loved GN'R show in Budapest (31st May) but it was scandalous:

it was on Wednesday and

18:00 doors open

22:00 700 people demanded their tix back

00:00-02:00 (!!!) GN'R on stage...Axl apologized...but those solos sucked big balls!!!

The other day it was school and work for everyone...it was painful to get home and wake up some hours later!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    holtz wrote:
    Maybe you shouldn't insult anyone else until you actually know how to spell 'loser'.

lol good call :D
    Glasgow SECC UK Set List - 21st July 2006

01 Welcome To The Jungle
    02 It's So Easy
    03 Mr. Brownstone
    04 Live And Let Die
    05 Better
    06 Robin Guitar Solo
    07 Sweet Child O' Mine
    08 You Could Be Mine
    09 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    10 Jam & Dizzy Piano Solo
    11 The Blues
    12 Richard And Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful)
    13 Out Ta Get Me
    14 Jam (Axl on piano)
    15 November Rain
    16 Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Dont Cry)
    17 Think About You (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
    18 Patience (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
    19 Used to Love her (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
    20 Nightrain (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Encores:

21 Madagascar
    22 Robin Solo
    23 Paradise City (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Fucking too awesome! 1 of the best nights of my life, not just saying it.
    After standing for 2 hours, sweating to death with alota drunk people they came on at 10pm
    I don't know wot the atmospheric music or noises were they played right before WTTJ intro but my bones were vibrating lol i kid u not,
    it just seem to pump everyone up all the more when WTTJ started the place erupted it was crazy. My feet are covered in bruises!
    After the 1st song Axl told the crowd "u's guys are insane!!, u's are fuking insane!!, then said he was Scottish! He then asked everyone to step back, people were getting lifted out at all angles (i was quite near the front in the centre)
    He was warm and friendly with the crowd, he was in a great mood!
    He picked up a bra that had been flung up on stage (it was 1 of they padded 1's) and said he was going to eat his shreddies out it in the morning! He said all he needed was some Scottish milk lol. 1 of the highlights for me was seeing him with the Scotland flag drapped around him, i so hope someone has a pic of that. I had a dissposible camera which i lost start of Mr Brownstone hehe
    Ah Izzy came on for Think About You was amazing, and even shared some singing on Used To Love Her. 'I would like to introduce' the crowd was already going ballistic. Ladies and gentlemen... Izzy fuckin' Stradlin!!

I thought Axl's voice was as powerful as ever. New songs sounded great. Thought of AxlUlrich when Madagascar came on :)
    My boyf isn't a fan and hated the standing but even he had to say it was heavy!

Minor quibbles - bit too much instrumental stalling time

pics courtesy of GN'R strip

Look at Axl's face in the 1st pic, don't he look like 1 happy comfortable mofo :D

gnrglasgow2il5.jpg

gnrglasgow4kc8.jpg

gnrglasgow6yu1.jpg

gnrglasgow7wv9.jpg

gnrglasgow12gl2.jpg

Long live Axl and long live Gun 'N' Fuckin' Roses. :D
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    thanks for the review..fucking ace setlist i must say...Izzy being there just made it even better I bet
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Wow! Nice setlist :)

Nice to see Izzy back on stage with Axl even if he's not back in the band. It's gotta be worth waiting a few hours to see that, if nothing else.

Glad you enjoyed yourself :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Thanks guys! It was just too much, my idol since i was a wee girl meters in front of me :)
    Seeing Izzy was special him and Axl had good rapport on stage laughing together..Dizzy Reed got quite a big cheer too! :cool:

Oh and true to form to Axl had a rant about the Swedish police..calling them fukheads lol
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    people grow up, i´m not saying to listen shit new rock bands, but you can´t realize when a band get old and sucks ´´g n´rs´´, pearl jam has more than 15 years and still rocks....

axl must try doing a solo album or play with a new band, new songs, new name..... ohh i got it, maybe you couldn´t see guns and roses in their glory days 87- 91..........
  • MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    tonadax wrote:
    people grow up, i´m not saying to listen shit new rock bands, but you can´t realize when a band get old and sucks ´´g n´rs´´, pearl jam has more than 15 years and still rocks....

axl must try doing a solo album or play with a new band, new songs, new name..... ohh i got it, maybe you couldn´t see guns and roses in their glory days 87- 91..........

Not quite sure what you're saying..........Doesnt matter if Guns were better 15 years ago, they still rocked and it was a fantastic night, and thats really all that matters.
    tonadax wrote:

I did seem them during the glory days and I have seen Axl with the new band, I enjoyed both shows.
    tonadax wrote:

Erm ok :confused: Not sure what your point is exactly but unless you have seen Guns live this year or last then I don't see how you can say that Guns and Roses suck.
    Gotta remember that Guns and Roses have had a lot more problems than Pearl Jam, we won't go there though ;):D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    tonadax wrote:

Who cares wot your saying lol No1 can really understand you..come back with better dissin' i might be arsed to argue with u :)

holtz and Stonesgstring well said, and MJSB74 oh wasn't it a frickin awesome night!! ;)
    It isn't great sound or picture quality but you can get the jist of the atmosphere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WahyW4vu3xg&NR
    Heres the setlist from the first night at Wembley Arena:

Welcome To The Jungle
    Its So Easy
    Mr Brownstone
    Live And let Die
    Robin Solo God Save The Queen
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    Knockin On Heavens Door
    Piano Moving Jam
    Dizzy Solo
    The Blues
    Piano Movin Jam
    Better
    Richard Solo
    Richard Robin Beautiful
    You Could Be Mine
    Bumblefoot Solo Dont Cry
    Out Ta Get Me
    Sway /w Izzy
    Sailing /w Izzy
    Back in the Ussr /w Izzy
    Think About You /w Izzy
    My Michelle /w Bach
    Patience /w Izzy
    Piano Moving Jam
    November Rain
    Jam
    Rocket Queen
    Nighttrain /w Izzy

Encore:

I.R.S.
    Paradise City /w Izzy
  • i put gnr as the worst concert i've ever seen...seen them in '92 with metallica and faith no more...they were very boring and everything axl did seemed to be planned out...i swear november rain was like 45 minutes long...they were just bad
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
    holtz wrote:
    Heres the setlist from the first night at Wembley Arena:

Welcome To The Jungle
    Its So Easy
    Mr Brownstone
    Live And let Die
    Robin Solo God Save The Queen
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    Knockin On Heavens Door
    Piano Moving Jam
    Dizzy Solo
    The Blues
    Piano Movin Jam
    Better
    Richard Solo
    Richard Robin Beautiful
    You Could Be Mine
    Bumblefoot Solo Dont Cry
    Out Ta Get Me
    Sway /w Izzy
    Sailing /w Izzy
    Back in the Ussr /w Izzy
    Think About You /w Izzy
    My Michelle /w Bach
    Patience /w Izzy
    Piano Moving Jam
    November Rain
    Jam
    Rocket Queen
    Nighttrain /w Izzy

Encore:

I.R.S.
    Paradise City /w Izzy

:eek: Rocket Queen! Am lovin' Better like so fukin much right now :D
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Bring on Chinese Democracy
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
    GNR played an acoustic set after the first wembley show, heres some pictures-
    http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75951&st=0

I guess random fans won tickets to see the acoustic gig.

Setlist-
    You're Crazy, Mr. Brownstone, Used To Love Her,
    Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's
    Door, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sway, Sailing, Nightrain,
    IRS, Paradise City
    i put gnr as the worst concert i've ever seen...seen them in '92 with metallica and faith no more...they were very boring and everything axl did seemed to be planned out...i swear november rain was like 45 minutes long...they were just bad

'92 was the most bloated GNR ever was, they were very much on drugs and alcohol and it showed in their performance and behavior. The '91 and '93 shows were drastically different and better IMO.
    i put gnr as the worst concert i've ever seen...seen them in '92 with metallica and faith no more...they were very boring and everything axl did seemed to be planned out...i swear november rain was like 45 minutes long...they were just bad

November Rain is mine and my mate's song. Not that you needed to know that but you do now ;):D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Shit, I wish that the original members of Guns N' Roses would reunite!
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    yeah I like Better, few other new ones I like but I mean why has nt he put these new songs out and form the recent setlists he likes to stick with the classics.............whilst it shows the greatness of the music that gnr, no sorry axl, can tour 15years later on the back of appetite/illusions there is still something a bit fucked that it appears the new songs will never get an official release and this is axl gathering some pocket money so as to spend the next decade playing around in studios(or whatever it is he does with himself)