Led Zeppelin

13»

Comments

• wash_ wrote:
    Ok, looks like i'll be loitering the internet this evening!!

It's weird that they're playing the O2 arena. It only holds 20,000. Surely Wembley Stadium would be more wise!!

of that 20,000 only 14,500 are being sold to the general public.

by 2:00am Last night (british summer time) thre had already been over 20 million applications for tickets... so no one hold your breath! internet ticket agencies are already advertising tickets at £1250 a ticket, even though they don't actually know whether they will be able to get hold of any or not. there isn't one act in the world i would pay £125 to see live let alone that! i'm sure some mugs will though. i just hope they don't end up disappointed.

and judging by what plant has been saying this is a one off - there will be no tour.
  • Really worth £125 a ticket??

Yes.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • I saw page and plant twice for about 20 quid a time too, and I think 125 quid is cheap at the price to see them again. I saw them in 95 and 98. If I see them this year, I will have spent 165 quid on seeing led zeppelin live 3 times in 12 years. That's 13.75 a year....
  • I saw page and plant twice for about 20 quid a time too, and I think 125 quid is cheap at the price to see them again. I saw them in 95 and 98. If I see them this year, I will have spent 165 quid on seeing led zeppelin live 3 times in 12 years. That's 13.75 a year....

I like your thinking!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • getting a ticket to this is going to be the equivalent of winning the lottery over 20 million people want tickets and only 14,500 tickets.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • The shame is 90%+ of that 20 million are only interested in making a quick buck on the tickets and not seeing the band. I think this will be the hotest ticket in rock history.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Fender_Man wrote:
    The shame is 90%+ of that 20 million are only interested in making a quick buck on the tickets and not seeing the band. I think this will be the hotest ticket in rock history.

Cynical ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • getting a ticket to this is going to be the equivalent of winning the lottery over 20 million people want tickets and only 14,500 tickets.

I fear some more maths is required.... 14,500/20,000,000 means that each applicant has a 1 in 1379 chance of winning. Winning the UK lottery has a chance of 1 in 14,000,000. It's more like your chance of winning a tenner in the UK lottery. It's for two tickets, so lets assume the person you have made a pact with to go has also put in a ballot... it's down to 1 in 690... if both your grandmother's are alive and don't want to go... you put a ballot in on their address and it's down to 1 in 344.... I'll leave it up to other people to work out how to reduce the odds further.
  • bharQ wrote:
    thats wild!! lemme guess too many drugs, you dont remember the show :P
    i remember most of it? the movie they did and the soundtrack..swan song.
    brings back alot of memories.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Fender_Man wrote:
    The shame is 90%+ of that 20 million are only interested in making a quick buck on the tickets and not seeing the band. I think this will be the hotest ticket in rock history.

Right now getting through to register would be like winning the lottery :(
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    the whole site server is down now. Does this mean that they've closed applications i wonder?? :O :O
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    edved82 wrote:
    the whole site server is down now. Does this mean that they've closed applications i wonder?? :O :O

I can get on to the site I just can't get to the regisration form. I have made it to the form a couple of times but it always kicks me off when I hit submit.
  • googoo Posts: 226
    I wonder if they'll have a webcast, a la Pearl Jam Lollapalooza '07?

oh please oh please oh please
  • Registration seems to work again ... good luck to those who wish to attend this show as probability to get tickets is really low.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    yeah got through finally - all we can do is keep the fingers crossed now!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Still haven't been able to get through and now I am not able to get on at all. It says the site has been moved. Guess it wasn't meant to be for me.
  • goo wrote:

Maybe AT&T will censor Plant for singing, "squeeze my lemon until the juice runs down my legs", or just censor him for saying that he would prefer that England become a republic.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • goo wrote:

according to reports in the uk this concert will not be recorded for cd, filmed for dvd of broadcast by any media whatsoever.

so if you are not there, you ain't seeing it.

(apart from those crappy, shaky 30 second clips that always get posted on youtube, obviously)

seems a bit odd as a live cd/dvd would sell lots and make even more mnoney for charity.
    Maybe we'll all get lucky and a GOOD taper will be in the house with some good seats.
  • PJGARDEN wrote:
    Maybe we'll all get lucky and a GOOD taper will be in the house with some good seats.

it is almost impossible to get taping equipment into an arena in the uk. you get searched on the way in and women have to have their bags searched. anything remotely dodgy and you are refused entry. so unfortunately i doubt that will happen.