Led Zeppelin

edited September 2007 in Other Music

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Ya I just saw that...just hope ticket prices are reasonable, but unlikely..
  • I heard about this. HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they play the ACC when they come here cause I highly doubt I can afford the tix.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • i most likely won't be able to get tickets for any led zeppelin reunion. How is Robert Plant's voice nowadays? I know he performed at a festival recently, but I've been to lazy to check around for any info on it
  • his solo show is supposed to be pretty good.
    i saw led zep back when led zep#4 was released. 74 73? christ along time ago.
    any way,they seem kinda outta the loop to be doing a tour.
    just a thought
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • I would pay whatever just to have a ticket stub that says Led Zeppelin on it. They can always use some backing tracks and other trickery to enhance Plant's voice. I saw Page and Plant on their Walking Into Clarksdale tour and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    His voice was great at the HOB in 2005. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • this is one of the only bands that i would pay the outrageous ticket price to get close to see live, aside from charity shows and the such.

not the stones
    not the who
    not the police
    not even mccartney (i always sit in the cheapest seats for him)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Tickets will be $125 - $375
    "It's all happening"
  • laudenum wrote:
    his solo show is supposed to be pretty good.
    i saw led zep back when led zep#4 was released. 74 73? christ along time ago.
    any way,they seem kinda outta the loop to be doing a tour.
    just a thought

saw them in 75 & 77 i think i preffer to keep those memories intack instead of diluting them with what's coming just my opinion ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • To me, it seems like a waste of money unless Robert Plant gets some new vocal chords.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
    To me, it seems like a waste of money unless Robert Plant gets some new vocal chords.
    Just curious, where did you see or hear him when his voice sounded bad? As I posted earlier, I saw him in 2005 and in mid/late 70's as well and his voice was great. Perhaps you just saw him on a bad night? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • i've seen plant live 30 times at least from the 80's all the way into 2005 or 2006 i think was the last time and not once did he sound bad ever! if this reunion really happens it will be the greatest reunion of any band in the history of music.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Yeah, this would be INSANELY cool if it really happens - a tour that is.

I would be on this like stink on shit!!!

That is a big IF it happens.
    i've seen plant live 30 times at least from the 80's all the way into 2005 or 2006 i think was the last time and not once did he sound bad ever! if this reunion really happens it will be the greatest reunion of any band in the history of music.
    I know I'd sure like to see them again. Seeing him at the HOB was great! He loves what he does and it sure comes through. :)
    wolfbear wrote:
    His voice was great at the HOB in 2005. :)
    I wasn't there - but I have the bootleg of the show and let me tell you - that encore when they went from Given to Fly into Going to California, along with Fool in the Rain and Thank You - was in my opinion one of te most special moments in Pearl Jam history. Having who I consider to be a rock-n-roll God/Legend on stage singing his songs with who I consider to the be greatest band currently playing and making music today - well, I can't even put it int words what that all meant to me. Way more special than anyone they have played with prior or since.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I wasn't there - but I have the bootleg of the show and let me tell you - that encore when they went from Given to Fly into Going to California, along with Fool in the Rain and Thank You - was in my opinion one of te most special moments in Pearl Jam history. Having who I consider to be a rock-n-roll God/Legend on stage singing his songs with who I consider to the be greatest band currently playing and making music today - well, I can't even put it int words what that all meant to me. Way more special than anyone they have played with prior or since.
    But, add to that the admiration that he got from Ed especially, but all of PJ was just priceless! I'll never forget it. :)
    wolfbear wrote:
    But, add to that the admiration that he got from Ed especially, but all of PJ was just priceless! I'll never forget it. :)
    Ed sounded so proud that Plant was playing his guitar for RITFW.

I get goosebumps still when I listen to that show. i am so jealous that you were there.
  • wolfbear wrote:
    I know I'd sure like to see them again. Seeing him at the HOB was great! He loves what he does and it sure comes through. :)
    i was a fool for not being there, but i couldn't get the time off from work. a friend of mine made a cd and dvd of it for me and i fucking love the way they did fool in the rain. AWESOME.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Ed sounded so proud that Plant was playing his guitar for RITFW.

I get goosebumps still when I listen to that show. i am so jealous that you were there.
    It was special. I'm glad we were there. It was kind of a fluke that we were . I wish you could have been there too. :)
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    To me, it seems like a waste of money unless Robert Plant gets some new vocal chords.

If you're a fan of LZ mainly because of Plant's vocals you like the band for the wrong reason.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I'm thinking this is simply about the DVD release and nothing more..

but I DO think they have one more good tour left in them..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Announcement now made

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6990704.stm

£125 ($250) a ticket :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Announcement now made

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6990704.stm

£125 ($250) a ticket :o

Foooking hell. I'd say it's worth it though.

Tickets should be on sale soon if they're playing in Nov.

Aaaand Pete Townshend?! 2 for the price of 1! :D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

wash_ wrote:
    Foooking hell. I'd say it's worth it though.

Tickets should be on sale soon if they're playing in Nov.

Aaaand Pete Townshend?! 2 for the price of 1! :D

Apparently it will be a ballot as well. So I presume like Live Earth :o ... O2's website has crashed :rolleyes:
    Chime wrote:
    Apparently it will be a ballot as well. So I presume like Live Earth :o ... O2's website has crashed :rolleyes:

So, do we sign up over at O2 and then they'll get back to us? Im not sure on the procedure for Live Earth
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

wash_ wrote:
    So, do we sign up over at O2 and then they'll get back to us? Im not sure on the procedure for Live Earth

I think for Live Earth there was a website you went to sign up ... I m not sure I didn't sign up.

But haven't seen anywhere specifically say where to go to sign up ... just know O2's website has crashed so it may be there :confused:
  • 26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
    Chime wrote:
    I think for Live Earth there was a website you went to sign up ... I m not sure I didn't sign up.

But haven't seen anywhere specifically say where to go to sign up ... just know O2's website has crashed so it may be there :confused:

Ok, looks like i'll be loitering the internet this evening!!

It's weird that they're playing the O2 arena. It only holds 20,000. Surely Wembley Stadium would be more wise!!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

Terryible wrote:

It's not doing anything :(

Have you managed to sign up to anything?
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park