Pumpkins in the studio with...

2»

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    MCIS is the masterpiece of Smashing Pumpkins. It's just GREAT.
    It's so stupid to put down a album just because it was a comercial sucess...

I agree, MCIS was their best. But I still love Siamese Dream too. Great band.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    MCIS is the masterpiece of Smashing Pumpkins. It's just GREAT.
    It's so stupid to put down a album just because it was a comercial sucess...

it was just not the same sound as SD
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    New blog from Jimmy:

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Jimmy's Love Letters .4
    Category: Music

Hello again my friends. I hope this finds all of you well! We have been working day and night in the studio and I am happy to say that the drums are finished! After almost a year of work, to finally sit down and listen to the drum takes, one after another, was a truly joyful experience. I can honestly say that this has been one of the most musically satisfying and spiritually rewarding trips I have ever been on. And what a long strange trip it's been! Our music has pulled us ever closer to the Heart and the Heart is beating true. We are moving closer to the light now, so about halfway there. I hope you can join us 'O Children of the Sun' Love, JC
    -->[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    p.s. We would like to thank The Grateful Dead, Rush, Billy Thorpe for their guidance in this hour of need.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    cool! thanks for the update.. i wonder what this is gonna sound like?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • That Mr. Mike Garson is definately IN the band! Mr. Garson is an amazing keyboard player and played with the Pumpkins on their last two tours, I personally like what he brought to their live show!

Anyhow, you can check out his work with them on his myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/mikegarson

That version of 'disarm' from Paris in 2000 is amazing!!!!
  • No matter who's in the band, this album is gonna kick the shit out of these pussy emo bands. I swear, I know so many ppl who act like they worship Billy Corgan when they know nothing about his music, so hopefully this album will get ppl to listen to good music again!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    IMO
    siamese dream was the pinnacle!

MCIS was the "commercial success"(but a slight downfall fans you know this) adore was a different direction (which i liked but had inflated numbers based off MCIS) and machina was Hey remember MCIS? Maybe we can sell some records again!

But hey i think pj peaked with nocode and slid down a ledge and then off it with avacado
    Machina sounded even less like MCIS than Adore did. I don't even think you've heard that record through all the way yet. I think you just skipped it and like to banter about how crappy you think it is.

no comment on your extremely incorrect pearl jam remark.... well actually 2 comments..

1. The avocado is a fantastic record as have been all of them (even Riot Act).
    2. Yield was the pinnacle ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Klumpie wrote:
    I agree, MCIS was their best. But I still love Siamese Dream too. Great band.

So you don't think there is any filler on Mellon Collie? Seriously?! Siamese Dream was wall to wall amazing, not a bad song on there. Whilst Mellon Collie is a great album, it lacks the consistencey of Siamese Dream.
    So you don't think there is any filler on Mellon Collie? Seriously?! Siamese Dream was wall to wall amazing, not a bad song on there. Whilst Mellon Collie is a great album, it lacks the consistencey of Siamese Dream.
    That's your opinion. I agree with you that SD is amazing too.
    But there is on MC not 1 really bad song on it...and that's great for a double album. And if you heard the B-songs from MC then you can even think why they didn't made a triple album of it. The diversity on this album is brilliant. I can't give you a song that I want to skip. ;)
  • Klumpie wrote:
    That's your opinion. I agree with you that SD is amazing too.
    But there is on MC not 1 really bad song on it...and that's great for a double album. And if you heard the B-songs from MC then you can even think why they didn't made a triple album of it. The diversity on this album is brilliant. I can't give you a song that I want to skip. ;)

Not even 'We only come out at night'?!

Guess it depends when you got into the band. I love Mellon Collie, but Siamese Dream was the album I first got into, and to me every single note of it is perfect.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Not even 'We only come out at night'?!

Guess it depends when you got into the band. I love Mellon Collie, but Siamese Dream was the album I first got into, and to me every single note of it is perfect.

yup i am a huge huge fan of SD... you are right.. every note on that album is perfect. its a masterpeice. i love gish and those reel sessions have a lot of good early stuff too.. i found mellon collie to be great aswell but there is some stuff that was kinda filler-ish.. but i'm glad they made that a double album.. and then released the boxset with all those covers and bsides.. lots of great stuff came outtah that
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    yup i am a huge huge fan of SD... you are right.. every note on that album is perfect. its a masterpeice. i love gish and those reel sessions have a lot of good early stuff too.. i found mellon collie to be great aswell but there is some stuff that was kinda filler-ish.. but i'm glad they made that a double album.. and then released the boxset with all those covers and bsides.. lots of great stuff came outtah that

For sure, the boxset is excellent. I totally agree that Mellon Collie deserved to be a double album, just the odd song here and there that stops it becoming their very best album, in my opinion.
  • Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was THE album from the Smashing Pumpkins, but Siamese Dream was also a masterpiece. All of the Pumpkins records have been phenomenal IMO, however Mellon Collie shows that Billy Corgan is a musical genius. The whole concept behind Mellon Collie, that there are literally over 30 themes presented on the album, and the discs are mixed to represent day and night...brilliance...I'm pumped for a new Pumpkins album!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee