'Tarantula' Pumpkins new single... hear it hear NOW!!!!

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Hear it is, as ripped from KROQ.com just minutes ago...

It's pretty damn rocking, the drums kick hard and the guitar solo is vintage Corgan.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6rgmmz4lmd0

http://www.mediafire.com/?6rgmmz4lmd0

http://rapidshare.com/files/32016516/Tarantula.mp3

I love it, especially the 2nd half of the song!!!!

What do you all think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Thanks!!!
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    That was not quite what I had expected, but it works... I think. I liked the ending a lot.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    THANKS!

I think its got hints of some classic sp :)

cant wait for more!

got a catchy chorus ;)
  • I like it. Play it loud enough, it kind of buffets you back and forth. I'm now excited about the new album. Look: I'm so excited, I just chewed my own face off!

Also: forgot to say thanks. Thanks!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    thanks a lot !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • selfself Posts: 64
    anyone got a better qualitiy version of this? Thanks.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    self wrote:
    anyone got a better qualitiy version of this? Thanks.

lol

talk about fussy.....

wait 3 days..
  • selfself Posts: 64
    I can't wait 3 days! I don't know what to make of this song. It's good but the chorus sounds kinda 'poppy'.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    This song is fucking awesome!!!!

:D:D:D

I knew Billy still had it in him.
  • Ali babaAli baba Posts: 36
    it fucking rocks ass!!!
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    finally...the monster has been reborn!!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Billy has still got it!!!!
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Just listened to the song a few times - man I was expecting something good, but this good?! Seriously it sounds like a classic Pumpkins rocker, and may I just say that the drumming is fookin immense!
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    just like every other single SP song.. its garbage
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    oppie1 wrote:

go and clean your ears out you filthy little beast.
  • Ali babaAli baba Posts: 36
    tarantula is a realy kick ass song...
    i hope that this means the death of avril lavine, pink ...
    and other "rockers"
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
    Pre - Ciate
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
    go and clean your ears out you filthy little beast.
    billy corgan has the worst voice in rock... its like nails on a chalkboard....

i would rather jam ice picks in my ears then listen to his whiney voice
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    billy corgan has the worst voice in rock... its like nails on a chalkboard....

i would rather jam ice picks in my ears then listen to his whiney voice

Yet he is an absolute master on the guitar, and writes huge bad-ass anthems. Sucks that you can't get along with his voice, he really is a very talented writer.
    Yet he is an absolute master on the guitar, and writes huge bad-ass anthems. Sucks that you can't get along with his voice, he really is a very talented writer.
    he's not even that good on guitar either...there are a million guitarists in this world who are as good as him.. he's average, if that
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    he's not even that good on guitar either...there are a million guitarists in this world who are as good as him.. he's average, if that

oh please, few people have such a distinct style and understanding of layering and dynamics. I'm sure there are many guitarists who can play quicker etc, but some of his solos and riffs are fucking legendary. Plus, how would you know?! If you would rather put ice picks in your ears than listen to a Pumpkins song, then you surely can't really be that familiar with his music?
  • Ok, so after hearing this on 107.7 The End here in Seattle I am blown away!!!

The drums are obvious and huge, but the guitar solos are so raw, the energy is like that of the gish/sd/pisces iscariot era.

The Pumpkins have been my favorite band since '93, but they've never really had very catchy radio singles, I hated BWBW and The Everlasting Gaze (still don't EVER want to see those in concert again), but this has me hooked!

God damn this is exciting... can't wait for the road trip to SF! Oh, and if the Pumpkins tix sell well for the Fillmore shows (they have 8 lined up) they have the option to add up to 8 MORE shows there!!!

Rawk on!!!
    oh please, few people have such a distinct style and understanding of layering and dynamics. I'm sure there are many guitarists who can play quicker etc, but some of his solos and riffs are fucking legendary. Plus, how would you know?! If you would rather put ice picks in your ears than listen to a Pumpkins song, then you surely can't really be that familiar with his music?
    after the 3million times i heard that awful tonight tonight song on radio, as well as every other SP songs that radio shoves down our throat.. i can sya yes.. i've heard their stuff...sometimes i'm forced to, if i am not in control of the radio....

if i am, the channel gets changed before the DJ is done saying "next up, smashing pumpkins..." they're just a horrible band
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    after the 3million times i heard that awful tonight tonight song on radio, as well as every other SP songs that radio shoves down our throat.. i can sya yes.. i've heard their stuff...sometimes i'm forced to, if i am not in control of the radio....

if i am, the channel gets changed before the DJ is done saying "next up, smashing pumpkins..." they're just a horrible band

Ok you might not like his voice, but musically they really are a quality band, some of the best drumming around, and whether you like it or not, Billy has written some AMAZING riffs in his time, go listen to Cherub rock or Silverfuck.
  • NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    Thanks. Can't wait till Tueasday...
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    oppie1 wrote:

The guy likes Linkin Park..........we can already disregard his opinion based on that alone

Anyways, great song.......brings me back to the days of Siamese Dream, I was very skeptical about the new album but if its anything like this, it will be amazing.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Ok you might not like his voice, but musically they really are a quality band, some of the best drumming around, and whether you like it or not, Billy has written some AMAZING riffs in his time, go listen to Cherub rock or Silverfuck.
    cherub rock and here is no why are probably the only songs i can stomach...musically those are good songs, if you try and tone out billys voice
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

The guy likes Linkin Park..........we can already disregard his opinion based on that alone

Anyways, great song.......brings me back to the days of Siamese Dream, I was very skeptical about the new album but if its anything like this, it will be amazing.
    i never said i liked linkin park... i said they're alot better then oasis.. which still isnt saying much. we can disregard your musical opinion based on your nickname.. oasis are pretty awful too

as for me and my fav bands...i'm more into metal and hardcore.. PJ is the softest stuff i listen to..and i'm sad to say i'm falling out of love with them.. they're still a great band.. but there is so much more music out there then PJ and PJ related bands(side projects, guest appearances, bands that opened for them[cause there were ALOT of shitty openers.MMJ and SY come to mind]...)

right now i've been hooked on

Boyhitscar (obviously)
    In This Moment.. fucking sick band to see live.. plus Maria is a piece of eye candy
    Walls of Jericho.. so much energy in this band
    Machinehead.. their new album is fantastic.. so fuckin heavy
    He is Legend
    In Flames (i will see this band live once..)
    Nonpoint
    RATM (can't wait to see them in July)
    Otep (Ghostflowers is a great tune)
    Stabbing Westward (if only i got to see them live once)
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    oh my god i'm so excited about the album!!! havn't been anticipating a release like this since avocado. forever love the pumpkins :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    itsevobaby wrote:
    oh my god i'm so excited about the album!!! havn't been anticipating a release like this since avocado. forever love the pumpkins :)
    Same here. This single seriously solidified my love for them and they are now number 1. But so is Pearl Jam. It's a tie! :D

I can't stop listening to Tarantula...7/10 is too far away!!!!