my chemical romance - the black parade (stream entire album)

2»

Comments

• IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    JSBE wrote:
    wow. really, just wow. and this in a nutshell is the mentality of a large portion of posters on this board think too.

you guys do realize that there are thousands upon thousands of people out there that think pearl jam is absolute garbage, right? or can't you see it through the blinders...?

Would those thousands and thousands of people be responsible for the chart success of Nsync, Britney, Hillary Duff, and My Chemical Romance?? Yes? Then I don't really care if they think Pearl Jam suck, because obviously they have no taste, and I hold them personally responsible for slowly killing quality in the music industry. I've got a new bumper sticker. "Stop buying Shitty Records".
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Igottago wrote:
    Would those thousands and thousands of people be responsible for the chart success of Nsync, Britney, Hillary Duff, and My Chemical Romance?? Yes? Then I don't really care if they think Pearl Jam suck, because obviously they have no taste, and I hold them personally responsible for slowly killing quality in the music industry. I've got a new bumper sticker. "Stop buying Shitty Records".

No, that's not the point at all. The point is that there are music snobs out there that lump MCR and PJ together in the same bag as sellout, derivative, mass appeal garbage. It's a slippery slope when you start calling a band corporate teenage crap music or whatever.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    JSBE wrote:
    why is it that all the canadians are the message board tough guys in this thread?

yawn
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    bharQ wrote:
    yawn

hey, way to respond to my last post. or do you just only expect other people to respond to you?

and the canadian thing was just an observation.
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    No, that's not the point at all. The point is that there are music snobs out there that lump MCR and PJ together in the same bag as sellout, derivative, mass appeal garbage. It's a slippery slope when you start calling a band corporate teenage crap music or whatever.

glad somene else understands the point i was trying to make.
    Igottago wrote:

as brainofjd already said, you missed the point.

the thousands and thousand (or even millions) might be fans of death metal or they might be hardcore punk fans or rap fans or they might even be u2 or red hot chili pepper fans. the people that like music you think sucks are not automatically the people that think pearl jam sucks.

you come off as a person that thinks what you like music or otherwise is the best and anything you don't like sucks and is crap and not good. do you act like this with everything in life?

if anything, the financial success that "Nsync, Britney, Hillary Duff, and My Chemical Romance" bring to labels is probably (or maybe) a good thing for borderline major label acts that are talented and make good music but only sell decently, not phenomenally. maybe the success of "Nsync, Britney, Hillary Duff, and My Chemical Romance" allows the major label to keep the artist on their roster rather than dropping them...ever think of that?

i'm sure you could make and market that bumper sticker, but it would probably end up being sold in a hot topic or something to the same people who listen to that 'so-called' shitty music.
    lol..and lol again... i don't care what you or anyone else listens to, go ahead. have fun listen to my chemical panic fallout disco boy or whatever you want. it's at your own peril.

and yes, what i don't like sucks.
    Igottago wrote:
    i don't care what you or anyone else listens to, go ahead.

are you sure? because you got all worked up that i posted a link to a "shitty" album by a "shitty" band?
    JSBE wrote:
    are you sure? because you got all worked up that i posted a link to a "shitty" album by a "shitty" band?

i didn't get worked up at all..i had quite a chuckle over it. i just stated my opinion. You don't have to listen to me.
  • Wow...can I just say holy son of a fuck? Why the hell are people bashing the shit out of JSBE? He posted a link so that if anyone was interested they could have a listen. Do I like My Chemical Romance (or as the cool kids call them MCR)? Fuck no, I think they are talentless clowns. But do I appreciate the gesture of JSBE? I sure do. It is b/c people post these links that I have found many bands I love today. Without choices, AND ACCESS TO CHOICES, we cannot possibly know what we like and don't like. And be honest...everyone on this board has found him or herself inexplicable blasting the hell out of some band who has been deemed "Monkey cunt horse shit" before.

Rock on JSBE, and suck on MCR!!! ROFLcopter
    yieldtome wrote:
    Wow...can I just say holy son of a fuck? Why the hell are people bashing the shit out of JSBE? He posted a link so that if anyone was interested they could have a listen. Do I like My Chemical Romance (or as the cool kids call them MCR)? Fuck no, I think they are talentless clowns. But do I appreciate the gesture of JSBE? I sure do. It is b/c people post these links that I have found many bands I love today. Without choices, AND ACCESS TO CHOICES, we cannot possibly know what we like and don't like. And be honest...everyone on this board has found him or herself inexplicable blasting the hell out of some band who has been deemed "Monkey cunt horse shit" before.

Rock on JSBE, and suck on MCR!!! ROFLcopter

i *think* i got bashed because i (1) posted a link to "shitty" band's new album stream and (2) said i liked a few songs by said "shitty" band and (3) mentioned eddie vedder's name in (possibly) a negative tone.

thanks for the kind words...i'll try to link something "cool" for my next new thread.
  • No problemo...like I said, the gesture is appreciated
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    JSBE wrote:
    i *think* i got bashed because i (1) posted a link to "shitty" band's new album stream and (2) said i liked a few songs by said "shitty" band and (3) mentioned eddie vedder's name in (possibly) a negative tone.

thanks for the kind words...i'll try to link something "cool" for my next new thread.

can't wait for your next post
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!