my chemical romance - the black parade (stream entire album)

JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
edited October 2006 in Other Music
http://theblackparade.com/

for anyone that is interested. i don't own any of their albums, but i'll admit they are a guilty pleasure of mine and i'll take the free stream.

** edit - i did search the other music forum and didn't see this already posted, but if there is another post about this, oh well **
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    they suck shit sorry
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • 'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    JSBE wrote:
    ** edit - i did search the other music forum and didn't see this already posted, but if there is another post about this, oh well **

The chances of two people posting a link to that shite on here are very small.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    The chances of two people posting a link to that shite on here are very small.

Unbelievable...why My Chemical Romance? They should listen to better rmusic...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    "for anyone that is interested" which obviously isn't any of the people that have replied to this thread.

hope your post slamming the band or people that like a song or two by them made you feel all warm and fuzzy about yourself.
    pfft whatever they are shitty and whiny.. how can you listen to pearl jam and this crap? its like eating a regular popsicle and enjoying it and then sticking it up your bum and enjoying it.. hmm where have i heard that before lol
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    pfft whatever they are shitty and whiny.. how can you listen to pearl jam and this crap? its like eating a regular popsicle and enjoying it and then sticking it up your bum and enjoying it.. hmm where have i heard that before lol

like i said, i find most of their singles to be pretty catchy (aka - guilty pleasure). i don't own their albums and don't ever plan on owning them, but if i did, i could honestly f'ing care less what you or anyone else has to say or think about it.

i ran across the link from a blog i read and being a nice person posted the link for anyone that was interested.

and i'm pretty sure you like music others consider shitty...but if you want to be a f'ing eddie vedder lemming and quote everything he says like it is gospel...well, more power to you...
  • JSBE wrote:
    "for anyone that is interested" which obviously isn't any of the people that have replied to this thread.

hope your post slamming the band or people that like a song or two by them made you feel all warm and fuzzy about yourself.

welcome to a forum, pussy.
    JSBE wrote:
    like i said, i find most of their singles to be pretty catchy (aka - guilty pleasure). i don't own their albums and don't ever plan on owning them, but if i did, i could honestly f'ing care less what you or anyone else has to say or think about it.

i ran across the link from a blog i read and being a nice person posted the link for anyone that was interested.

and i'm pretty sure you like music others consider shitty...but if you want to be a f'ing eddie vedder lemming and quote everything he says like it is gospel...well, more power to you...

it wasn't a quote.. i guess it just happens to be a coincedence we both think whiny emo shit is just that.. shit not music.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    welcome to a forum, pussy.

hey, thanks for the welcome. it means a lot.
    bharQ wrote:
    it wasn't a quote.. i guess it just happens to be a coincedence we both think whiny emo shit is just that.. shit not music.

i think ed was just calling out a band similiar to good charlotte with that statement because i would hope he would have some respect for all musicians regardless of the music they play (i'm guessing or hoping he's not an elistist jackass).

and hey, i didn't realize you liked to eat shit covered popsicles. that's kind of gross.
    and to the 100+ people that viewed this thread, if you like my chemical romance and appreciated me posting the link for the free stream...you are welcome.

and to the closeted my chemical romance fans that call them faggy or "shite" or lame or whatever and you secretly listened and liked a song or two...hey, you're welcome too.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    JSBE wrote:
    and to the 100+ people that viewed this thread, if you like my chemical romance and appreciated me posting the link for the free stream...you are welcome.

and to the closeted my chemical romance fans that call them faggy or "shite" or lame or whatever and you secretly listened and liked a song or two...hey, you're welcome too.

hahaha. Hey thanks, i appreciated it. Pearl Jam fans can be right snobs ;)
    Who cares, if you enjoy it good for you
    JSBE wrote:
    i think ed was just calling out a band similiar to good charlotte with that statement because i would hope he would have some respect for all musicians regardless of the music they play (i'm guessing or hoping he's not an elistist jackass).

and hey, i didn't realize you liked to eat shit covered popsicles. that's kind of gross.

lol sometimes i get a brief lick the 4 seconds I turn on mtv.. I never have attempted to dive right in.. I guess i'm missing out.

So you think we should have respect for ANY musician just because they play music? that is a huge load of crap.. when really bad music hits the mainstream it basically dumbs down an entire generation.

Have fun with your popsicles.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    So you think we should have respect for ANY musician just because they play music? that is a huge load of crap.. when really bad music hits the mainstream it basically dumbs down an entire generation.

did i say that? yeah, i don't think i did so don't put words in my mouth ok?

and just to let you know, "really bad" or even mediocre music has been in the mainstream for...um...i don't know...30, 40 maybe 50 years now? wouldn't that mean that many generations have been dumbed down from possibly our grandparents to our parents to us?

it is all just a matter of taste. what some people think sucks, other people like and vice versa. if you can't handle that and feel that you need to think that the music you like is better than other kind of music, well, then i guess i sort of feel bad for you. like what you like, don't like what you don't like and leave it at that. negativity against music you don't like around here is so pathetic...
    hahaha. Hey thanks, i appreciated it. Pearl Jam fans can be right snobs ;)
    Who cares, if you enjoy it good for you

glad you appreciated it. gave it a listen and some of the songs were decent, some just didn't do it for me. i kind of lost interest about 2/3rds the way through. i still love the intro to 'welcome to the black parade' though. i wish more of the album was like that.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I've heard about MCR but never actually heard their music. It sounds OK, kind of derivative but not completely terrible. I don't know. I guess the kiddies who watch MTV could be listening to worse music.

edit - I don't want to get into it after all ;)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • JSBE wrote:
    hey, thanks for the welcome. it means a lot.

hahahahaha

that was awesome (serious)

we're even.
  • bharQ wrote:

THANK YOU. it seems like in the late 90s people started saying, "oh they play their own instruments" or "oh they write their own music" justifying that the band was ok. fuuuuuuuck that! just because you hold a god damn guitar in front of you does not make you a musician, and it sure as fuck doesn't make you a good musician.

coincidently i happened to catch that little penis band my chemical douche on SNL last night and i couldn't even watch 20 seconds of it. that is not a band. those are 4 or 5 guys who gave countless blow jobs to a bunch of people at reprise records and in between the loads being shot, they convinced the record executives that they could dress up like green day and sell records.

there's no case of being a snob and shooting down somebody having a guilty pleasure or something . it's a case being sold on an image -- cause that shit aint even music.

like jet is music, but it's horrendous, awful, watered-down, makes you dumber the longer you listen music.

*buuuuuuuuuurp*
    THANK YOU. it seems like in the late 90s people started saying, "oh they play their own instruments" or "oh they write their own music" justifying that the band was ok. fuuuuuuuck that! just because you hold a god damn guitar in front of you does not make you a musician, and it sure as fuck doesn't make you a good musician.

coincidently i happened to catch that little penis band my chemical douche on SNL last night and i couldn't even watch 20 seconds of it. that is not a band. those are 4 or 5 guys who gave countless blow jobs to a bunch of people at reprise records and in between the loads being shot, they convinced the record executives that they could dress up like green day and sell records.

there's no case of being a snob and shooting down somebody having a guilty pleasure or something . it's a case being sold on an image -- cause that shit aint even music.

like jet is music, but it's horrendous, awful, watered-down, makes you dumber the longer you listen music.

*buuuuuuuuuurp*

exactly.. at least were honest.. let the mall kiddies think were jerks and meanies but hey we ain't the ones being controlled by like blind sheep
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    JSBE wrote:
    did i say that? yeah, i don't think i did so don't put words in my mouth ok?

and just to let you know, "really bad" or even mediocre music has been in the mainstream for...um...i don't know...30, 40 maybe 50 years now? wouldn't that mean that many generations have been dumbed down from possibly our grandparents to our parents to us?

go reread what you said jackass.. im not gonna quote you again.. like seriously how old are you? really bad music has EXISTED in the last 50 years yes.. but how can you say it was mainstream? PEARL JAM was considered mainstream in the early 90s... mainstream doesn't right away mean bad music.. some times the masses actually connect to real music... it happened in the early 90s and the late 60s.

*flicks sidepart*
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    go reread what you said jackass.. im not gonna quote you again.. like seriously how old are you? really bad music has EXISTED in the last 50 years yes.. but how can you say it was mainstream? PEARL JAM was considered mainstream in the early 90s... mainstream doesn't right away mean bad music.. some times the masses actually connect to real music... it happened in the early 90s and the late 60s.

*flicks sidepart*

i'm 29, how old are you? does my age even matter in this thread? on this board? are you disappointed that i'm not 12 and shop at hot topic?

i reread what i said...what don't you seem to understand? or what do you think i don't understand about what i have already said?

yes, i can say that really bad music has existed for the last 50 years and it was in the mainstream. look at the late 70s with disco and most of the 80s with new wave and hair metal power ballads and richard marx - some pretty shit music to go around and i'm damn sure that a lot of it was popular. i mean, there was kasey kasem and the top 40 countdown. there were a lot of cassingles to be sold. there was vanilla ice and mc hammer and i could go on and on...i'm not really following your side of the arguement.

i don't recall saying that "mainstream = crap" because i know i didn't. if i did specifically state that, please, by all means, let me know.

lastly, who are YOU to say that my chemical romance or panic at the disco or fall-out boy or whatever 'whiney emo shit' isn't real music? you make it sound like if your 14 year old son/daughter had one of these albums you would kick them out of the house or burn it and force them to appreciate something you wanted them to listen to.

oh yeah, what the hell does *flicks sidepart* mean?

*buuuuuuuuuurp*

well, technically, playing a musical instrument in a band would make you a musician. if you're you're a chef but you suck at it, you're still a chef...right?

...and i do realize that not everyone that is in a band and has the 'talent' to play an instrument is good, nor does that make the band good. i tried to clarify what i meant in the post right above this one. hopefully it made sense.

i caught some of snl last night. the first song (which i like) was ok, nothing great, but then again next to no one on snl seems to be able to pull off one let alone two good live perfomances...the second song was downright horrible.

i find it funny though that you mention green day because in the middle 90s after dookie came out they (along with the offspring) were to be categorized as wanna-be punks and somewhat of a joke amongst people that liked "real" punk music.

at least i agree with you on jet, but if people like, hey, that's cool with them.
    JSBE wrote:
    i'm 29, how old are you? does my age even matter in this thread? on this board? are you disappointed that i'm not 12 and shop at hot topic?

i reread what i said...what don't you seem to understand? or what do you think i don't understand about what i have already said?

yes, i can say that really bad music has existed for the last 50 years and it was in the mainstream. look at the late 70s with disco and most of the 80s with new wave and hair metal power ballads and richard marx - some pretty shit music to go around and i'm damn sure that a lot of it was popular. i mean, there was kasey kasem and the top 40 countdown. there were a lot of cassingles to be sold. there was vanilla ice and mc hammer and i could go on and on...i'm not really following your side of the arguement.

i don't recall saying that "mainstream = crap" because i know i didn't. if i did specifically state that, please, by all means, let me know.

lastly, who are YOU to say that my chemical romance or panic at the disco or fall-out boy or whatever 'whiney emo shit' isn't real music? you make it sound like if your 14 year old son/daughter had one of these albums you would kick them out of the house or burn it and force them to appreciate something you wanted them to listen to.

oh yeah, what the hell does *flicks sidepart* mean?

dude the original statement that you said that started this whole bs was that you think eddie should have respect for any mainstream music regardless of what they play.. and thats the whole point.. this music is crap plain and simple.. THEY are disrespecting the word musician by even picking up a damn instrument.. why the fuck would i want my kids listening to shitty music? if you have any kind of open mind and have dipped into the realm of underground music that is out there you will relize this. its all marketed crap.. just like new kids on the block were in the early 90s this is the same evil idea.

like honestly find me some of their lyrics that you at 29 connect to.. im just curious as to how this happened to you.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    hahaha looks like you couldn't find any
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    dude the original statement that you said that started this whole bs was that you think eddie should have respect for any mainstream music regardless of what they play.. and thats the whole point.. this music is crap plain and simple.. THEY are disrespecting the word musician by even picking up a damn instrument..

what i said was (and i copy and paste): "i think ed was just calling out a band similiar to good charlotte with that statement because i would hope he would have some respect for all musicians regardless of the music they play (i'm guessing or hoping he's not an elistist jackass)." maybe you misunderstood - i think you did - the only point i was trying to make (which might be too hard for your to understand) is that as an established, credible musician i would think that on the basic, simple level of being a fellow musician, artist, creator that he would respect another band/artist even if the "them" is my chemical romance. we can agree to disagree and when it all comes down to it, i don't give a fuck what you or eddie vedder thinks about any type of music i like.

also, i just don't get how my chemical romance is are "disrespecting the word musician by even picking up a damn instrument" but hey, let me know when you sell a couple million copies of YOUR band's album ok?
    bharQ wrote:
    why the fuck would i want my kids listening to shitty music?

wait, i forgot, you listened to the coolest music from the day you were born. you were down with the minutemen and sonic youth and the dead kennedys and r.e.m. in the early 80s and the smith and the pixies and you totally loved pearl jam before they were called pearl jam. dude, everyone goes through a shitty music phase when they're growing up.

and by the way, you're going to be an awesome parent with your small-minded mentality. i can't wait until your 6 year old daughter wants to listen to some jessica simpson or pussycat dolls or black eyed peas and you tell them they can't because it is shit. or how about when your 12 year old thinks 50 cent is the best rapper in the world? what are you going to do? throw away their cd? what are you going to do if they don't want to dress like you want them to? have the same moral values that you want them to?
    bharQ wrote:
    if you have any kind of open mind and have dipped into the realm of underground music that is out there you will relize this. its all marketed crap.. just like new kids on the block were in the early 90s this is the same evil idea.

you are way off base to suggest that my chemical romance or bands similiar to them are anywhere near my top 1,000 albums, bands, etc. why don't you do a little reseach at some of my posts to see what i call music i like.
    bharQ wrote:
    like honestly find me some of their lyrics that you at 29 connect to.. im just curious as to how this happened to you.

i don't know any of their lyrics. i don't own their albums. i don't have any mp3s of their songs. you know how it happened? radio is on, song comes on radio, hey, this is kind of catchy...repeat and...end of story.

any chance, cool guy, if you're going to tell me how old you are and how you became so sophisticated to the ways of not liking any sort of "shit" music?
    bharQ wrote:
    hahaha looks like you couldn't find any

ha ha i definately couldn't. sorry i have a job and a long commute home and i'm trying to cook supper while filling you in on a few things...ha ha
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    haha..i really feel for the thread starter getting ripped here..but man its kind of for your own good. these guys do suck so badly it isn't even funny. This band is just terrible shit that most 12 year olds are too mature to even listen to. We cannot be so accepting of such garbage, as Pearl Jam fans and fans of good music, its our duty to recommend good music worthy of sharing with eachother, and hopefully we can have an impact on the direction the music industry goes and we can return it to being somewhat close to what it was when Pearl Jam were popular. Its for the collective good that bands like this are ripped to shreds. Sorry man.
    Igottago wrote:
    We cannot be so accepting of such garbage, as Pearl Jam fans and fans of good music, its our duty to recommend good music worthy of sharing with eachother, and hopefully we can have an impact on the direction the music industry goes and we can return it to being somewhat close to what it was when Pearl Jam were popular. Its for the collective good that bands like this are ripped to shreds.

wow. really, just wow. and this in a nutshell is the mentality of a large portion of posters on this board think too.

you guys do realize that there are thousands upon thousands of people out there that think pearl jam is absolute garbage, right? or can't you see it through the blinders...?
    why is it that all the canadians are the message board tough guys in this thread?