New Blind Melon Tunes

oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
edited August 2007 in Other Music
As most of you are probably aware, Blind Melon are back together with singer Travis Warren. Check out their myspace page, where you can hear a few new songs and watch a brief video clip of the band. The video clip features an awesome new song!! Does anyone know the name of that tune? Here's the link:

http://www.myspace.com/blindmelon

I cannot wait to see these guys live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it says it's wishing well right on the link???
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    it says it's wishing well right on the link???
    oktacoma wrote:
    The video clip features an awesome new song!! Does anyone know the name of that tune?

I'm referring to the song on the VIDEO clip.
  • Good stuff.....
    Master of Zen
  • oktacoma wrote:
    I'm referring to the song on the VIDEO clip.
    ohh yeah i don't know but i does sound good...i'm now looking forward to this. there's a line outta you're so vain in there.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • tofatofa Posts: 51
    Sorry, but it's just not the same. Thanks for letting us know though.
    Wembley 07
    "You'll never walk alone"
    ***** LFC
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    tofa wrote:

No, its not and that (I think) is a good thing. Just imagine if he was trying to replicate Shannon in every way. It would be terrible. Good luck to those guys, I cant wait for the album!!
  • tofatofa Posts: 51
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    No, its not and that (I think) is a good thing. Just imagine if he was trying to replicate Shannon in every way. It would be terrible. Good luck to those guys, I cant wait for the album!!

I agree, good luck to those guys! My point is that Blind Melon is just not the same without Shannon, so if these guys are reforming under the guise of Blind Melon, then comparisons will be drawn. In my opinion they should let Blind Melon be and form a new band with a different name.
    Wembley 07
    "You'll never walk alone"
    ***** LFC
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    oh wow...thats gonna be interesting.. it sounds pretty good to me...blind melon is great, i hope this is gonna work....sounds like hes bringing the same vibe though....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • These songs do sound pretty good. As for the whole name thing... I mean, I know it's etiquette to drop the name if a staple member is gone from the band, but I really don't care.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    oktacoma wrote:
    Does anyone know the name of that tune?

Harmful Belly
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    These songs do sound pretty good. As for the whole name thing... I mean, I know it's etiquette to drop the name if a staple member is gone from the band, but I really don't care.

Exactly, I would probably feel differently if the new music was shit, but it isn't, so I'm all in favour of new stuff.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    it's nice music and Travis is a good singer. i would say they shouldn't call themselves Blind Melon, but other bands have done it, and everyone would compare Travis to Shannon no matter what the band's name is. anyway, it's nice music and the band is super talented, but their music is not as inspiring as when Shannon was their driving force.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    tofa wrote:
    I agree, good luck to those guys! My point is that Blind Melon is just not the same without Shannon, so if these guys are reforming under the guise of Blind Melon, then comparisons will be drawn. In my opinion they should let Blind Melon be and form a new band with a different name.
    I second that
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • bobasfeet wrote:
    Harmful Belly
    There's actually a new video clip that has a newer song that is not Harmful Belly. I found out the song's name is Sometimes. It is now on their music player on the site. Good stuff.

As for the whole name thing, I think it's pretty trivial. I guess I don't understand why people get upset about what they call themselves. They have the right to call themselves whatever they want. It's not their fault Shannon (may he rest in peace) had a problem with drugs. Almost all of the people who made the original BM music are still there so why not be Blind Melon? That being said, it is only natural that people will compare Travis to Shannon. Personally, I think Travis sounds great and similar enough to Shannon that he can sing his songs but different enough that he adds a unique flavor from what Shannon added. I'm extremely excited about the reformation of Blind Melon!!
  • well one thing is clear for me. this dude has the best new voice around. i instantly liked his tone. i'm on the fence when it comes to using the melon name and seeing him live sing a hoon tune will be weird. but i need some new music so i am glad someone is making something i just might wanna listen to.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • i think 'sometimes' which is on their myspace now is really good....

they have dates posted:

October 7 Providence, RI- Club Decibel
    October 9 New York, NY- Canal Room
    October 11 Cleveland, OH- The Grog Shop
    October 13 Columbus, OH- The Basement
    October 14 Bowling Green, OH- Howard’s Club H
    October 16 Chicago, IL- Double Door
    October 18 Urbana, IL- The Canopy
    October 19 Toledo, OH- Frankie’s
    October 20 Pittsburgh, PA- Diesel
    October 22 Allston, MA- Harpers Ferry
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    tofa wrote:
    I won't even give it a chance... Change the goddamn band name!
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I won't even give it a chance... Change the goddamn band name!

Come on, Shannon died, leaving the rest of the guys to pick up the pieces.

Again, they, respectfully, tried other projects, both in front of and behind the microphone.

If they want to play the songs they wrote and enjoy the spotlight (which was cut away from them too quickly)...I say God Speed.

Give them a listen.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    reggie500 wrote:
    i think 'sometimes' which is on their myspace now is really good....

Jeezz..could someone snag it?

Sorry Mic...they ain't bad.
  • i'm loving the song...sometimes. i was against the name use as well but i say fuck it, that's they're business. i'm only a listener not a decision maker and this new dude sounds good.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • YAY, Blind Melon is coming to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):) :rolleyes:

...Can't wait for this douchebag to dedicate something to Shannon on the 20th or 22nd since they're not playing the 21st. *barf*
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • ...Can't wait for this douchebag to dedicate something to Shannon on the 20th or 22nd since they're not playing the 21st. *barf*

If they did, I don't see what's wrong with it. It shows class and respect.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • If they did, I don't see what's wrong with it. It shows class and respect.

PBM

Class & respect is not having some asshat singing the old Melon songs under the Melon name.
  • I agree it is NOT Blind Melon without Hoon.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Class & respect is not having some asshat singing the old Melon songs under the Melon name.
    I'm sorry but this is the most ignorant statement I've read on here in a while. I completely agree with PBM. Let the remaining members of BM decide what to do. Why would you know better than them? Just my opinion. I plan on enjoying the new singer and the new Blind Melon. I think the new tunes kick ass.
  • they need to change the name of the band.

i'm all for new stuff from the guys from blind melon...but COME ON.....it's like sticking a fork into the legacy of the band, and especially shannon hoon.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • they should rename themselves Blind MeIIon it's a subtle change but a change nonetheless. the one L in melon gets changed to the roman numeral 2 symbolizing the second coming of the band. shows respect for hoon and only those that give a fuck will notice the change.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    tofa wrote:

yea, i just don't see the point

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    yea, i just don't see the point
    it's pretty good music though and it's better than another shit band popping up like fall out boy or something. god knows the world needs some new good music and of course it's not going to be hoon's melon it's gonna be a whole new thing and if they're making some new good music why not. they should have changed the name i do agree with that as well however that's their decision and just because they are using the name shouldn't be a reason not to listen to the new music if it's good.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • 7 Kettles wrote:
    they need to change the name of the band.

i'm all for new stuff from the guys from blind melon...but COME ON.....it's like sticking a fork into the legacy of the band, and especially shannon hoon.

Exactly.