Radiohead

2»

Comments

• eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Romanza wrote:
    So I assuming you have all the Radiohead albums, and are wanting ideas for another band's album to buy?

MUSE - BLACKHOLES AND REVELATIONS - buy it and you'll think it's what Radiohead could have been had they gone the same route post-OK COMPUTER.

.....................................and then you woke up!!!
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    danny72688 wrote:
    I bought OK Computer first a few years ago. Didn't really get it. Gave it a few more chances, and then put it up for a while. Then I busted it out years later and it started clicking, enough to get me interested enough to buy The Bends. Now that one (The Bends) had me hooked from the start, so I go back to OK Computer and it has clicked officially.

My question though (sorry to hijack your thread OP) is where should I go now? I'm no diehard fan, but I want to get more into them. I know Kid A is probably gonna be the majority response, but I've heard bits of it and I guess I'm intimidated so.....what should I do? ;)

get 'hail to the thief." i always felt that musically, it was the bridge between OK computer and kid A... if you still are interested in hearing more after HTTT, i would recommend listening to kid a.

personally, kid a is my favorite... but for someone a little wary of jumping right into it, i would recommend going the route i just described.
  • TwatayTwatay Posts: 64
    in response to the threadstarter, get amnesiac.

IMO kid A is their masterpiece. i own all of their albums minus pablo honey, and 6 eps. they are are up there with pearl jam for me.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    ok computer is one of my all time favorite albums, without question - the first 6 tracks on that album is just plain fucking fantastic. but personally i feel ok computer looses quite a bit of steam the second half:

no surprises is plain boaring and the tourist is a rediculously weak attempt at closing such a glorious album.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick