Chinese Democracy is finished!

Comments

• THe music world is a lot more like an episode of Jerry Springer with Axl around
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Guarantee the CD blows ass.
  • Lets all not buy it. Axl is not worthy of my money.

Well if its good its good.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Guarantee the CD blows ass.

I heard 2 songs and they werent bad, but Axyl has to prove himself to me with more than 2 songs, and knowing him he might have scrapped them allready.
    I am curious though.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I've heard some of the songs and they stand up.

This album has gone into mythical proportions that I'm not sure, not matter how good it is, it will live up to the hype.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I find it hilarious that he still calls it "Guns N' Roses", when everybody knows it's not even remotely close to being a Gn'R album. How sad that he has to cling to that name for dear life because it's all he's got. If the guy had any balls whatsoever, he'd call it what it is: an Axl Rose solo/vanity project featuring dozens of hired studio musicians.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    This album has gone into mythical proportions that I'm not sure, not matter how good it is, it will live up to the hype.

About as mythical as the Beach Boys' Smile album. It only took Brian Wilson like 40 years to finish it :D
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Loch ness Monster
    Bigfoot
    G Spot
    Chinese Democracy

PBM

ROFL! as annoying as the wait has been, i will most likely be buying it if/when its released.
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    I just want my free Dr. Pepper
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    T-Case wrote:
    I just want my free Dr. Pepper
    I would like that too.....though I would buy the album. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    everyone is trashing the album, has anyone heard any of the leaks?

i have about 10 songs of the 50 songs that were recorded, and i gotta say, its good.

thats what has taking so long, he recorded enough songs for 4 albums and 2 EP's
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I.R.S is a great song

Madagascar is epic like (in the vein of Civil War/November Rain)

There are a couple of others I've heard and they are all good.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Every demo I heard was fucking awesome, and in 2006 their world tour was great as well. It will be a quality CD on it's own, you just have to not think of all the hype and build-up.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    The band shouldn't be called "Guns N Roses" anymore. it should be called "Tubby Magoo and four guys who aren't Slash"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    The band shouldn't be called "Guns N Roses" anymore. it should be called "Tubby Magoo and four guys who aren't Slash"

Wow, way to steal Conan's joke from 6 years ago, you're so cool!
    I.R.S is a great song

Madagascar is epic like (in the vein of Civil War/November Rain)

There are a couple of others I've heard and they are all good.

PBM

I didn't care for the IRS demo but when I heard in concert I liked it a lot more, still not one of my faves though. I dig Madagascar, TWAT, Better and Chinese Democracy the best and Catcher in the Rye is another good one almost up there.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I have NO intentions on buying this...WHEN...it comes out. Never was a fan of GNR, and find Axl just unpleasant to listen to (Mainly the reason I don't like GNR).
    Maybe I'll get the liberated version. hehehehe;)
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    People on here think Ben Harper and Jack Johnson are good, so your negative opinions don't bother me.
  • If it comes out, I'll be surprised. And if it does, I'll download. NOT buy.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    People on here think Ben Harper and Jack Johnson are good, so your negative opinions don't bother me.

Ben Harper recorded his last album in about a week, and got rave reviews for it. Let's see if 14 years of recording adds up to a proportionate amount of praise for Chinese Democracy.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • GnR went downhill after Appetite. If he somehow goes back to that, i'll be impressed, but i'm not holding my breath.
    Ben Harper recorded his last album in about a week, and got rave reviews for it. Let's see if 14 years of recording adds up to a proportionate amount of praise for Chinese Democracy.

Lots of bands get praise, doesn't mean I have to like them. As long as what Axl puts out I like then I'm happy and I like what I've heard.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Axl's written or helped write classic songs that have stood the test of time. Do you think people would be talking about Ben Harper or Jack Johnson if they disappeared for fifteen years?
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    MrSmith wrote:
    GnR went downhill after Appetite. If he somehow goes back to that, i'll be impressed, but i'm not holding my breath.

the illusion albums BLEW AWAY appetite.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    Axl's written or helped write classic songs that have stood the test of time. Do you think people would be talking about Ben Harper or Jack Johnson if they disappeared for fifteen years?

No - but Ben Harper and Jack Johnson are neither as famous nor as controversial as Axl was in his heyday. People don't write about Axl as a great songwriter - they write about him as the guy who's taken 15 years to write a single fucking album.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Guns n Roses. Appetite and the Illusions are classic albums. But taking this long to make Chinese Democracy is a bad joke, and it got old about 8 years ago.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The correct answer.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014

I wouldn't go that far, but many if not most of GNR's best songs are on the UYI albums. But I think Appetite is more consistent than the rest of their albums.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Back in their hey day Guns & Roses were a terrible act live and I don't see them with Axel getting ANY better NOW.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    holtz wrote:
    Wow, way to steal Conan's joke from 6 years ago, you're so cool!

and the joke still rings true today. Chinese Democracy will probably be an okay Axl solo album, but it's really silly to call it Guns N Roses
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    and Axl's gotten even more tubby in the last 6 year

From an objective standpoint... that was really weak dude. :D

[EDIT] And now it's immortalized forever. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win