Chinese Democracy is finished!

phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Aparently it is going to be released soon ... I don't really believe it but here's the link to the News: http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/35812
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Lets all not buy it. Axl is not worthy of my money.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'll believe it when the CD is in my hands.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    DOSW wrote:
    even that won't be enough for me! You will need to pinch me in my balls while I'm listening to the CD, just so I'm sure I'm not having another strange Nightmare!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    phatucini wrote:
    even that won't be enough for me! You will need to pinch me in my balls while I'm listening to the CD, just so I'm sure I'm not having another strange Nightmare!
    Ball pinching...good times!

Whoa, who said that?
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Correction, "Guns N Roses are finished"....now where is my free Dr Pepper?
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Lets all not buy it. Axl is not worthy of my money.

C'mon now, this will clearly be an inspired effort that only took 14 years and 14 mllion dollars to complete (not that it is even done). There's no chance this will be a self-indulgent, over-produced pile of crap.

Hmmm, something about poetic justice comes to mind that he waited until CD sales were in the toilet before finally getting this thing out (not that it is really coming out)...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    This cost him millions of dollars. Is he going to get that money back, what with CD sales in decline? Maybe 14 years ago, but I don't think so now. I suspect the album will sell well but still.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    eyedclaar wrote:
    C'mon now, this will clearly be an inspired effort that only took 14 years and 14 mllion dollars to complete (not that it is even done). There's no chance this will be a self-indulgent, over-produced pile of crap.

sarcasm right?

Just checking.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Correction, "Guns N Roses are finished"....now where is my free Dr Pepper?
    Yeah....I really getting excited about some free Dr. Pepper. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Get_Right wrote:
    sarcasm right?

Just checking.

Who me? Sarcastic? Never!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    not a chance i will spend money on this
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I still say this album will never see the light of day. And if it ever does, it's gonna end up sounding terribly average. The expectations are way too high for this thing, and there's no way it'll ever live up to the hype. The dude just ain't that talented. Who the hell takes 15 years to make a rock n' roll album?
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    About 15 years late
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    and the state of American democracy ain't looking too promising either!

D'oh!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    DOSW wrote:

my dead, cold hands.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    People act like Axl spent 14 million of their money to make the album. Axl's a fucking legend and the music world is a whole lot more interesting with him around.
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    People act like Axl spent 14 million of their money to make the album. Axl's a fucking legend and the music world is a whole lot more interesting with him around.

If only he'd contribute to that world at some point.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    The older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    If only he'd contribute to that world at some point.

LOL! You beat me to it.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    brain of c wrote:
    my dead, cold hands.

I lolled.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    That pic on the nme page makes him look like Mick Hucknall with ADHD.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • eyedclaar wrote:

Hmmm, something about poetic justice comes to mind that he waited until CD sales were in the toilet before finally getting this thing out (not that it is really coming out)...

Maybe he's delusional enough to believe Chinese Democracy will be the one that turns album sales around. I am curious to hear it, but as stated before, I can not imagine it will even come close to the hype.
    Maybe he's delusional enough to believe Chinese Democracy will be the one that turns album sales around. I am curious to hear it, but as stated before, I can not imagine it will even come close to the hype.

I'll probably just download it for free.

JK.:)
  • I'll probably just download it for free.

JK.:)
    Likewise...
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I hope it never sees the light of day, the record is far more entertaining as a potential release than an actual one, I mean c'mon, Dr Pepper even twisted the knife for shits and giggles. Thats comedy you don't get every day. :)
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Binaural wrote:
    I hope it never sees the light of day, the record is far more entertaining as a potential release than an actual one, I mean c'mon, Dr Pepper even twisted the knife for shits and giggles. Thats comedy you don't get every day. :)

Quite funny that a week or so later, Axl says the record is finished and in the hands of the record label.
    Either way I'm sick of hearing about the fucking thing now, the excitement has long sice died and been replaced with a huge sense of couldn't give a fuck.
  • "Geffen Records, the band's record label, have confirmed they have received a finished copy of the album, and are currently haggling over money and rights issues with Rose."

And haggling with Axl always goes so well....I predict he throws a hissy fit and takes his toys and returns to his cave. Even if the album is released there has been way too much hype over it and it will never live up to expectations...it will be an over-produced piece of crap and I am not likely to purchase it....I would love to be wrong though!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Loch ness Monster
    Bigfoot
    G Spot
    Chinese Democracy

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    before it even started.
    with 14 years of waiting, this album better be the second coming of the christ if axl does not want to face complete humiliation.
    I wonder how many stadiums he'll have to fill in order for him and his label to recover the loss.
  • Matty Boy wrote:

Are you part of Axl's PR team?