Options

RHCP-Stadium Arcadium is a double album!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    its true, i think their Frusciante records(Mothers Milk included) are their best, not that One Hot Minute isnt a gem in its own right.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    rage333 wrote:
    They have never failed to make an AMAZING album with John Fruciante (spelling) on the strings. He is really a genius on the guitar. I never heard any of his solo stuff but I watched "Live at Slone Castle" and he is a really good singer as well. I love "By the Way". I dont care that it isnt funky or that most of the songs are soft ballads, it is just really good music. Thats all there is to it. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be an amazing double album. This will be the first Chili Peppers album that I am really anticipating coming out since I am only 15. I cant wait.

I agree that all of the albums with JF are their best but I have to disagree with his singing. To me, my ears hurt when I listen to him sing on the Slane DVD. Ouch! He should stick to guitar playing. :)
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    oktacoma wrote:
    I agree that all of the albums with JF are their best but I have to disagree with his singing. To me, my ears hurt when I listen to him sing on the Slane DVD. Ouch! He should stick to guitar playing. :)

I can see how you could get annoyed by his singing. It is really high pitched most of the time. But I still think he is a good singer.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    rage333 wrote:
    They have never failed to make an AMAZING album with John Fruciante (spelling) on the strings. He is really a genius on the guitar. I never heard any of his solo stuff but I watched "Live at Slone Castle" and he is a really good singer as well. I love "By the Way". I dont care that it isnt funky or that most of the songs are soft ballads, it is just really good music. Thats all there is to it. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be an amazing double album. This will be the first Chili Peppers album that I am really anticipating coming out since I am only 15. I cant wait.

John Frusciante is Da Man! i cant believe he was only 18 when he wrote mothers milk and only 21 when he wrote blood sugar sex magik, what a talented prick!!! haha :D
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The long wait for a new rhcp is almost over :). 2006 will be like 2002 in a way, when BTW and Riot Act came out. Double album too - seems like people don't do that as much anymore, so this is exciting.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    U-R wrote:
    i'm reading scar tissue, nearly finished it, great read.

by the way was a fucking disaster... i mean really what could they have been thinking?? bssm was one of the albums of the modern era, californication was classic and then this by the way garbage? i'm just one voice in the crowd obviously but i was very dissapointed with their last effort

Glad Im not the only one. By The Way was appalling. BSSM was brilliant and Californication had a few great moments but BTW.....just really really bad.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    scar tissue is a great book, i recommend it to any music lover.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    poto101 wrote:
    scar tissue is a great book, i recommend it to any music lover.

I finished reading it a few weeks ago. I love that book. I felt sad when I finished it cause I wanted to keep reading more about them. I hope they dont do what SOAD did with their Double album. Not the release disk one and then disk two six months later I kind of liked that. I hope each CD isnt just 30 min. long and they could both fit on one CD. That pissed me off that SOAD did that cause they could have just had one 60 min cd instead of two 30 min ones. I really think that kind of shit is just a way to make money.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    The double album, set for release in April, is produced by long time collaborator Rick Rubin, and was originally intended as a trilogy, released six months apart.

Singer Anthony Kiedis said: "The third record made it interesting for us, because two records have been done in different configurations. System [Of A Down] did it. Guns N' Roses did something similar, but three seemed sort of special, and we really got behind this idea until we realised that the third record wouldn't really be coming out for two years. It was like, 'This music needs to be heard now,' and two years from now we'll have new songs."

The first single from the album will be 'Danni California', named after a character who also featured in their single 'By The Way'.

He continued: "She makes a new and more profound appearance on 'Stadium Arcadium'. It's kind of the last chapter of this young girl's life, but it speaks of a cultural death on the west coast of the USA, a certain death and a rebirth in a way, out with the old, in with the new, from specifically the state we hail."

Other songs slated for inclusion are 'Charlie', 'Desecration Smile' and 'Hard To Concentrate'. A tour is also in the planning stages, with UK shows in spring.
  • Options
    The double album, set for release in April, is produced by long time collaborator Rick Rubin, and was originally intended as a trilogy, released six months apart.

Singer Anthony Kiedis said: "The third record made it interesting for us, because two records have been done in different configurations. System [Of A Down] did it. Guns N' Roses did something similar, but three seemed sort of special, and we really got behind this idea until we realised that the third record wouldn't really be coming out for two years. It was like, 'This music needs to be heard now,' and two years from now we'll have new songs."

The first single from the album will be 'Danni California', named after a character who also featured in their single 'By The Way'.

He continued: "She makes a new and more profound appearance on 'Stadium Arcadium'. It's kind of the last chapter of this young girl's life, but it speaks of a cultural death on the west coast of the USA, a certain death and a rebirth in a way, out with the old, in with the new, from specifically the state we hail."

Other songs slated for inclusion are 'Charlie', 'Desecration Smile' and 'Hard To Concentrate'. A tour is also in the planning stages, with UK shows in spring.

Wow, so did they actually write three albums worth of material? Or did they just plan to? I really dont care what they do as long as I get some portion of their new album in April.
  • Options
    rage333 wrote:
    Wow, so did they actually write three albums worth of material? Or did they just plan to? I really dont care what they do as long as I get some portion of their new album in April.

Well we are getting 2 albums, and at least one in April and the second one shortly after if not at the same time, we'll have to to wait and see.
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Agreed about all Frusciante RHCP records being the best. He's the true RHCP guitar player and belongs in that band with those three guys. His solo stuff is good...To Record Only Water for Ten Days is awesome.