Options

RHCP-Stadium Arcadium is a double album!!!!!

rage333rage333 Posts: 157
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Well, I heard it from a not so credible source but you never know. From "The Official Myspce page of the Red Hot Chili Peppers". I believe it because Billy Corgan does his thing on myspce so it could happen. I hope it is true.

Thoughts
"when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    that's too bad.
  • Options
    rage333 wrote:
    Well, I heard it from a not so credible source but you never know. From "The Official Myspce page of the Red Hot Chili Peppers". I believe it because Billy Corgan does his thing on myspce so it could happen. I hope it is true.

Thoughts

Well, Blood Sugar Sex MAgik was like 60 minutes plus right? And it had 17 songs, all truly amazing and it was just on cd, so if we get 17 or 18 songs on just one cd that is fine by me, but if the peppers think they can pull of a double cd, thats even bette, i am looking forward to hearing this album more than any other this year!!!
  • Options
    I checked the site and it seems that it really is the official RHCP's myspace so if it says it's a double it's a double (hopefully)..... excellent news!
  • Options
    That will be sweet if it is!!! Now if only the new Pearl Jam could be a double album...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    NME and Q magazine are all saying the new peppers it's adouble cd, CHEERS this will be the best album of the year! wooo hooooo!!!!! Peppers kick ass!
  • Options
    Sweet. I am excited that the news has been confirmed by somewhere else besides myspace. That is so awesome. I think it really will be the best album of 2006. The Peppers never disapoint. What do you guys thik it will sound like? I wonder if they will continue to do softer stuff like "Californiacation" and "By the Way", or if they will do more "Blood sugar Sex Magik" type stuff. I cant wait.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    rage333 wrote:
    Sweet. I am excited that the news has been confirmed by somewhere else besides myspace. That is so awesome. I think it really will be the best album of 2006. The Peppers never disapoint. What do you guys thik it will sound like? I wonder if they will continue to do softer stuff like "Californiacation" and "By the Way", or if they will do more "Blood sugar Sex Magik" type stuff. I cant wait.

More Blodd Sugar Sex Magik stuff would be soooo sweet but i think BSSM is a one in a life time kindda album, but according to that link this will be a heavy album!!!!!!
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    Is any one else on the mailing list? Because I got an email saying all of the above. YAy! Double album :)
  • Options
    yeah, they couldn't continue in the vein of "Californication" and "By the Way" forever...

they had to get back to the "freaky uplift blodd sugar hot minute" freak-out funk that we know they love as well...

it's just...well...

it's evolution baby! (sorry 'bout that; I couldn't help it)

but yeah, I think they will combine all the elements...that's the best (and only?) reason for a double album - to get far out into whatever...
    Said we'd write a book someday
    About a boy who'd always strayed
    And a girl who took the fog away
    Man, if it could be that way
    Then I would come without delay
    With a smile on my face
    And I would not be lost for long
    And you could be my title song
  • Options
    Yeah i also think it will be a combinationf everything they've ever done in the past........ plus new ingredients!!!!
  • Options
    U-RU-R Posts: 223
    i'm reading scar tissue, nearly finished it, great read.

by the way was a fucking disaster... i mean really what could they have been thinking?? bssm was one of the albums of the modern era, californication was classic and then this by the way garbage? i'm just one voice in the crowd obviously but i was very dissapointed with their last effort
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Options
    To me by the way was excellent!
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i cant fucking wait. this definately makes up for making us wait until april when it was supposed to come out in october. aprils gonna be one hell of a month
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Double album...ace.

Lets hope its as FUNKY as hell!!!!
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    U-R wrote:
    i'm reading scar tissue, nearly finished it, great read.

by the way was a fucking disaster... i mean really what could they have been thinking?? bssm was one of the albums of the modern era, californication was classic and then this by the way garbage? i'm just one voice in the crowd obviously but i was very dissapointed with their last effort

Oh my god, I can't listen to this anymore. By The Way was what they were trying to do with Californication, Californication was one of my favourites but it was a mediocre album, By The Way, wether you like it or not, was a masterpiece, and I for one hope the Chili's do not get discouraged from making more albums like it for fear of more of these unfair comments.
    Not a dig at you, just frustrated.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Binaural wrote:
    Oh my god, I can't listen to this anymore. By The Way was what they were trying to do with Californication, Californication was one of my favourites but it was a mediocre album, By The Way, wether you like it or not, was a masterpiece, and I for one hope the Chili's do not get discouraged from making more albums like it for fear of more of these unfair comments.
    Not a dig at you, just frustrated.

PEACE

I agree wholeheartedly that By The Way was a masterpiece!! Their best album by far, in my opinion. I dig Californication too but By The Way just took it a step further. I can't wait for the double-album. I'd love to hear a combination of some BSSM and By The Way sounding material!!
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    - Album title: Stadium Arcadium.
    - It's a double album containing a total of 25 songs
    - First Single: Danni California
    - Producer: Rick Rubin.
    - Engineers: Ryan Hewitt and Andrew Schepps.
    - Release date: April 2006.
    Songs confirmed on the album:

Stadium Arcadium
    Dani California [First Single] (Kiedis: "warm, funky, with an uplifting chorus." - About Danni from By the Way - "This is where she meets her demise")
    Snow (Kiedis: "About having a blank state to start your life over")
    Charlie
    Hard to Concentrate (Kiedis: "Sounds like a river.")
    Desecration Smile
    Animal Bar
    Wet Sand (Kiedis: "About a complicated, dysfunctional woman I've fallen in love with")

Possible Songs on the album:

21st Century
    Ready Made
    Tell me Baby
    Especially Michigan
    Only 18
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I'm Gone wrote:
    - Wet Sand (Kiedis: "About a complicated, dysfunctional woman I've fallen in love with")

Heidi Klum?
  • Options
    RockerRocker Posts: 22
    I liked the bands last few albums, One Hot Minute was the bands weakest by far. It had a few good songs but over all compared to Californication, By The Way and Blood Sex ... it was weak.

For the double disc, it should be rad!
    American eyes, American eyes....
    View the world from American eyes
    Bury the past, rob us blind
    And leave nothin behind

Just stare
    Relive the nightmare
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    that is awesome.....i can't wait :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Rocker wrote:
    I liked the bands last few albums, One Hot Minute was the bands weakest by far. It had a few good songs but over all compared to Californication, By The Way and Blood Sex ... it was weak.

One Hot Minute was AMAZING!
    Said we'd write a book someday
    About a boy who'd always strayed
    And a girl who took the fog away
    Man, if it could be that way
    Then I would come without delay
    With a smile on my face
    And I would not be lost for long
    And you could be my title song
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Charlie, Snow, Hard to Concentrate, is anthony back on drugs?:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    awesome :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Rocker wrote:

can't wait to hear the double disc. have to agree with you on this one rocker. i've loved the chilis since mother's milk, and one hot minute is the only one i no longer own.
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    no offence to whover did it but I hate when badns talk about new albums and then give you a list of song titles as if you're suppossed to know what they sound like. Just me, like 2X4 may or may not be awesome when the new record drops but I don't know what the hell it's about or whatr it sounds like, just something I was think about.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Well, in my opinion everything the Peppers have released including and after Uplift Mofo Party PLan was either good, great, or amazing. It seems everything in the 80s was building up to Mothers MIlk and then BSSM. Then it all changed and I think By the Way was the culmination of the changes they went through. BSSM and By the Way are my favorite Peppers albums so far, I cant listen to them too much theyre just so good. Lets hope Stadium Arcadium is as great as their past efforts
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    They have never failed to make an AMAZING album with John Fruciante (spelling) on the strings. He is really a genius on the guitar. I never heard any of his solo stuff but I watched "Live at Slone Castle" and he is a really good singer as well. I love "By the Way". I dont care that it isnt funky or that most of the songs are soft ballads, it is just really good music. Thats all there is to it. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be an amazing double album. This will be the first Chili Peppers album that I am really anticipating coming out since I am only 15. I cant wait.
  • Options
    rage333 wrote:
    They have never failed to make an AMAZING album with John Fruciante (spelling) on the strings. He is really a genius on the guitar. I never heard any of his solo stuff but I watched "Live at Slone Castle" and he is a really good singer as well. I love "By the Way". I dont care that it isnt funky or that most of the songs are soft ballads, it is just really good music. Thats all there is to it. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be an amazing double album. This will be the first Chili Peppers album that I am really anticipating coming out since I am only 15. I cant wait.

i was at that slane show, and was really surprised at how good he sounded! he fucked up on a couple of the lyrics on "maybe" at the beginning, but they cut it out of the dvd..."maybe" has become a fave of mine ever since.

i agree with you that this should be a fantastic record. can't wait. they haven't made a bad one with him on guitar, in my opinion.