Radiohead back in the studio

bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
edited October 2006 in Other Music
great fuckin news! and goodrich is producing.

I hope 4 minute warning and House of cards make the cut!!!
those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I thought they were done working with Godrich. This certainly is good news.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    About a year ago I was excited because Radiohead was preparing or started recording new material. Fool me once.....

I'll wait until I see a tracklist and a release date. Spring 2007 seems reasonable with how much time they have already put into these songs.
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    CM1847 wrote:
    About a year ago I was excited because Radiohead was preparing or started recording new material. Fool me once.....

I'll wait until I see a tracklist and a release date. Spring 2007 seems reasonable with how much time they have already put into these songs.

they had gome into the studio and put soem stuff down, then went on tour. but those sessions weren;t recorded with Godrich, so who knows if they will ever materialize!
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    bryanfury wrote:
    great fuckin news! and goodrich is producing.

I hope 4 minute warning and House of cards make the cut!!!

I just hope it is less electronic.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    bryanfury wrote:
    they had gome into the studio and put soem stuff down, then went on tour. but those sessions weren;t recorded with Godrich, so who knows if they will ever materialize!
    Yeah, they were basically just preparing the songs that they played live this summer. Of course nobody said that was the purpose of those sessions back then, the headlines were only "Radiohead back in studio!", people were predicting a Spring 2006 release. But yeah, it seems like they are in to actually record an album this time, good news, but it could still be a while, I wouldn't be surprised if the release wasn't until Fall 2007.
  • I just hope it is less electronic.

Die.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Is it known what type of album it'll be?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Die.

A bit frustrated? Don't be so stupid...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jam wrote:
    A bit frustrated? Don't be so stupid...

Haha, no. Just wanted to tell him to die. It's pretty simple actually, both giving the order and dying.
    parel jam wrote:
    Is it known what type of album it'll be?
    I have refused to listen to them, but apparently the new songs they played live leaned more towards straight up rock(think "The Bends") than Kid A type stuff. Hail to the Theif was also suppossed to be a 'return to rock' for them, so who knows how it will turn out.
  • I'd say it goes along the lines with Hail to the Thief... but as Thom was saying in an interview, the lyrics (that he's been writing) have been more haunting than OK Computer's... or summin. The article was on Greenplastic, so who knows. The new stuff they played at Bonnaroo had a lot of electronic sound in 'em, but also the vibe of OK Computer..
    Haha, no. Just wanted to tell him to die. It's pretty simple actually, both giving the order and dying.

Maybe you could show me how it is done, and I might follow in your foot steps. I'll be sure to play some Kid A on the funeral.;)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Must admit I was an OK Computer / bends era junkie and didn't appreciate the shift in direction initially but those post OK albums are great, can't wait for the new album and the solo Thom stuff is helping fill the void :D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Maybe you could show me how it is done, and I might follow in your foot steps. I'll be sure to play some Kid A on the funeral.;)

No, not just Kid A stuff... just play Pyramid Song and How to Disappear Completely over and over again. I'd die happy. Alright, well first thing to do is slit your wrists down the road... now let's do it!
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    From what songs I heard this summer, this MAY be my favorite album coming up.

All I Need, Arpeggi, Videotape, and 15 step are all superb.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    No, not just Kid A stuff... just play Pyramid Song and How to Disappear Completely over and over again. I'd die happy. Alright, well first thing to do is slit your wrists down the road... now let's do it!

No I think I will stick to Pablo Honey, My Iron lung, The Bends and OK computer. I'll keep hoping for a new road which I do like, because after that it just wasn't my cup of tea.
    Very nice for you that you do like it, but I don't and I don't think I will die because of it.
    UKDave wrote:
    Must admit I was an OK Computer / bends era junkie and didn't appreciate the shift in direction initially but those post OK albums are great, can't wait for the new album and the solo Thom stuff is helping fill the void :D:D:D

The solo Thom stuff is what makes me think that I will not like the next Radiohead album, but who knows.
    The solo Thom stuff is what makes me think that I will not like the next Radiohead album, but who knows.
    A lot of that stuff had been around since Kid A days, I don't expect it to be a very good representation of the next Radiohead album.
    CM1847 wrote:
    A lot of that stuff had been around since Kid A days, I don't expect it to be a very good representation of the next Radiohead album.

So there is some hope. It also explains why I didn't like it. I could not get into Kid A at all. I sold it, I still have Amnesiac but never put in on. I saw them live after they released Hail to the thief and thought it was a good show, but on album it just doesn't work for me. I hope to some day buy another Radiohead album.
    if you think think a band should make the same type of music over their career, then you will not like/ appreciate radiohead. their diversity is what makes them #1 in my book.

the new stuff is more like httt in the sense that is a mix of electronic-tinged stuff, but it works well live. the kid a / amnesiac stuff is tough to do live, although their so fuckin good, they make it work.

from the new stuff i've heard, this album is going to be fuckin great.

but its radiohead, so that goes without saying. they don't have any bad songs. no evacuations ;)
    bryanfury wrote:
    if you think think a band should make the same type of music over their career, then you will not like/ appreciate radiohead. their diversity is what makes them #1 in my book.

the new stuff is more like httt in the sense that is a mix of electronic-tinged stuff, but it works well live. the kid a / amnesiac stuff is tough to do live, although their so fuckin good, they make it work.

from the new stuff i've heard, this album is going to be fuckin great.

but its radiohead, so that goes without saying. they don't have any bad songs. no evacuations ;)

The fact that they do different things doesn't bother me one bit. I mean I listen to Motorpsycho and even more than Radiohead they sound different each album. I just don't like electronics. I hope to buy a new Radiohead album, but that doesn't need to be Radiohead old style. Might well be the first of a third era.;)
    The fact that they do different things doesn't bother me one bit. I mean I listen to Motorpsycho and even more than Radiohead they sound different each album. I just don't like electronics. I hope to buy a new Radiohead album, but that doesn't need to be Radiohead old style. Might well be the first of a third era.;)

i guess being a huge techno fan, the electronic angle suits me well. i do not think this will be all out electronic. kid a / amnesiac was a tough album to do, and i don't think the boys could so it at this stage of their life.

plus, argeggi was about as electronic as i heard from any of the new tracks (not that its certain any of those would make the new album).
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    bryanfury wrote:

haha, that is your opinion mate. radiohead is great, awesome. probably my #2 band. but no bad songs you say? uh, i don't agree.

oh and by the way evacuation is a great song, it is a pitty so few people appreciate a big "fuck the pop" from the mighty pearl jam. that's what that song is all about

can you dig it?
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    glasshouse wrote:
    haha, that is your opinion mate. radiohead is great, awesome. probably my #2 band. but no bad songs you say? uh, i don't agree.

oh and by the way evacuation is a great song, it is a pitty so few people appreciate a big "fuck the pop" from the mighty pearl jam. that's what that song is all about

can you dig it?

its not the message i don't like :) do you find it funny pj put out a pop album in this last one then?

name me a bad radiohead tune? i dare ya!

i know, arguing radiohead/ pj is like arguing pizza/ chicken wings
    bryanfury wrote:
    i guess being a huge techno fan, the electronic angle suits me well. i do not think this will be all out electronic. kid a / amnesiac was a tough album to do, and i don't think the boys could so it at this stage of their life.

plus, argeggi was about as electronic as i heard from any of the new tracks (not that its certain any of those would make the new album).

Well I don't have my hopes too high, and besides they made two very good albums and two classics so I have enough Radiohead to listen to. They made more good music than most others do.
    Well I don't have my hopes too high, and besides they made two very good albums and two classics so I have enough Radiohead to listen to. They made more good music than most others do.

have you heard the new tunes?

house of cards, 4 minute warning, 15 step, videotape, arpeggi, nude, bodysnatchers, all i need.

all really good tunes...with minimal electronics :)
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    bryanfury wrote:

name me a bad radiohead tune? i dare ya!

do you dubble dare me?
    ok, i'll play
    to be really honest i dislike 80% of pablo honey, it is mediocre brit rock in my humble opinion.

but, and this is a big but, since pablo honey, i can't point out a bad song. so, you do have a point.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    bryanfury wrote:
    have you heard the new tunes?

house of cards, 4 minute warning, 15 step, videotape, arpeggi, nude, bodysnatchers, all i need.

all really good tunes...with minimal electronics :)

I heard three that Arpeggi thingy was one of them, don't know about the other two. It was live and didn't sound bad at all. Than I heard Thom solo and all hope went down the drain.:p
    glasshouse wrote:
    do you dubble dare me?
    ok, i'll play
    to be really honest i dislike 80% of pablo honey, it is mediocre brit rock in my humble opinion.

but, and this is a big but, since pablo honey, i can't point out a bad song. so, you do have a point.

i should have been clear on the rules :)

no pablo honey. i know that's not fair, but i don't consider that radiohead. the bends started it all for me.
    I heard three that Arpeggi thingy was one of them, don't know about the other two. It was live and didn't sound bad at all. Than I heard Thom solo and all hope went down the drain.:p

but definitely don;t take the eraser as a sign of things to come. think of it more as getting it out of his system. a band liek radiohead is not going to do the same thing twice. they did the electronic thing. i do not think we will see it again. could be wrong, and wouldn;t be disapointed if i was!