i'm a fool if i don't listen to....

2»

Comments

• The Datsuns
  • Pelican
    Russian Circles
    Explosions In The Sky
    Don Caballero
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    No. And to whoever said the hold steady, also no.

Look at the White Stripes (Not Get Behind Me Satan, tis lame.) Also try queens of the Stone Age (Steer clear of Lullabies to Paralyze, the other three albums are great.) Also try Mark Lanegan, especially Bubblegum and Whiskey for the Holy Ghost.

EDIT: If you liked Mark Lanegan, you'll also appreciate Screaming Trees.

ummmm, the orig poster asked for new bands

so before you say "no" to tv on the radio, or the hold steady, realize that the white stripes, qotsa and screaming trees are far from new or adventurous.....they are mundane staples of "alt rock"
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    Suprised that nobody's mentioned The Black Keys...saw them live a few years ago, awesome...

The Avett Brothers are really great, too...glad to see them mentioned
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • not new, but....

the Drive By Truckers

the Black Keys

the Kings of Leon
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    tv on the radio
    arcade fire
    the decemberists
    sigur ros
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • As far as My Morning Jacket is concerned, I recommend starting with their album 'It Still Moves', after the hoopla about them on the boards recently, I came across it in the store and just bought it on a whim and loved it. So then I went out and bought 'Z', and did not enjoy it nearly as much, I also bought Okonokos at the same time and was disapointed to find that it contained about 3/4 songs from Z, although I enjoyed the live versions of tracks from It Still Moves. It Still Moves has a lot more straight up rock on it, and for me that's all that counts!!!
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    glasshouse wrote:
    tv on the radio
    arcade fire
    the decemberists
    sigur ros

damn, that's a good fucking list.
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    regina spektor
    yeah yeah yeahs
    sigur ros
    holly throsby

are what i love lately.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Don't limit yourself to new bands, go back in time as well, Hendrix, Moody Blues, Janis Joplin (Pearl), ZZ Top, Load/Garage Inc/S&M era Metallica, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, esp II & III, early Santana, Gerry Rafferty, Cold Chisel, Hunters and Collectors, Rodriguez, Stones (Sticky Fingers/Get yer Yaya's Out/Emotional Rescue/Tattoo You), early Dire Straits.

Have to say that White Stripes is a favourite, Elephant, not alt rock but really dirty delta blues in disguise ( too well disguised at times, behind the hype).
    Jack's voice and feral guitar playing are mighty inspiring to me!! Se BAll and Biscuit
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Todd76 wrote:
    broken social scene
    fuck yes.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"