Options

Attention Dutch and/or Danish people!

AMENt TO THATAMENt TO THAT Posts: 541
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I need help figuring out how to get from Groningen in the Netherlands to Copenhagen in Denmark as fast an cheap as possible. Going to Amsterdam, Groningen and Copenhagen in May to see Mudhoney and need to straighten everything out pretty quick. Hope someone can help me out :)

AMENt TO THAT
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Not shure if this is any help but......
    If your going by car:
    http://www.krak.dk
    + I'm pretty shure that there's international routeplanner-sites outthere.
    If your going by train:
    http://www.rejseplanen.dk
    If your going by plane:
    http://www.travellink.no
    http://no.kelkoo.com/b/a/c_172201_flybilletter.html

You can look forward to the show at Vega, Copenhagen. Vega is a really cool club with great acoustics. All the shows I've been to there has been amazing.
    Have a good trip!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Hehe, NORGE!!! :D I'm flying down to Amsterdam, then train to Groningen. Then, well there's my problem. I have been searching the nett up and down now without any luck. I just need to get from Groningen to Copenhagen as cheap as possible....
  • Options
    Oh OK. I have no clue then. You could try to contact a marihuanasmugler. I'm pretty shure they're doing daily trips from the Amsterdam to Cristiana, Copenhagen ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Oh OK. I have no clue then. You could try to contact a marihuanasmugler. I'm pretty shure they're doing daily trips from the Amsterdam to Cristiana, Copenhagen ;)

Hehehe, I'd rather walk ;) Hopefully someone from the board has made a similar trip and can give me some good advice.

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    Come on people!;)
  • Options
    SpastSpast Posts: 3
    http://www.b-rail.be/int/E/
    Or if you prefer german: http://www.b-rail.be/int/D/

It's the belgian train site, but it's better then the dutch i've heard and I don't know what the dutch one is called. You can search for international trains too so.

Or yeah.. wait.. I don't know what exactly you're looking for here...
  • Options
    Spast wrote:
    http://www.b-rail.be/int/E/
    Or if you prefer german: http://www.b-rail.be/int/D/

It's the belgian train site, but it's better then the dutch i've heard and I don't know what the dutch one is called. You can search for international trains too so.

Or yeah.. wait.. I don't know what exactly you're looking for here...

Hehe, I'm only looking to get from Groningen, way up north in the Netherlands, to Copenhagen someway. Don't think there's a direct connection between the two, looks like I need to switch trains in Hamburg. But that's why am posting here, maybe someone knows a better way to get from A to B.

Thank u for the links:)

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    you might wanna try www.ns.nl(it's posible to read it in english, it's on top in site) the choose international travel.

maybe it's helpful

good luck!!

by the way when will mudhoney play in Groningen?
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Options
    you might wanna try www.ns.nl(it's posible to read it in english, it's on top in site) the choose international travel.

maybe it's helpful

good luck!!

by the way when will mudhoney play in Groningen?

Yeah, I spent about 15min sifting through that link yesterday, but no luck. Mudhoney plays Groningen May 14'th, oh boy oh boy OH BOY :D

Thank u for takeing time to look up stuff for me!:-)

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    Id say go to your local travel agency, it's easy for them to look it up. Besides if you don't like the outcome you can always say it's to expensive.

14th of may, I'll write it down, If I've got some money I'll visit that one too.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 231
    http://www.ns.nl

That's the site for the Dutch Railway network, good luck. And see you at the A'dam mudhoney gig ;)
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    Joostone wrote:
    http://www.ns.nl

That's the site for the Dutch Railway network, good luck. And see you at the A'dam mudhoney gig ;)

Yeah, I'll be there! That is IF I can sort out all the traveling first... Might just skip the Copenhagen show and go with the two Dutch shows.... Dude, you wouldn't happen to know a cheap hotel near by Melk Weg??

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    good luck with figuring your travel plan out.. i think http://www.ns.nl should definitely work.

and thanks for the tip on Mudhoney in Amsterdam!!! :D:D:D:D
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    good luck with figuring your travel plan out.. i think http://www.ns.nl should definitely work.

and thanks for the tip on Mudhoney in Amsterdam!!! :D:D:D:D

Hey :) I have checked out the link, and as far as I understand I need to get to Emmen then take a train to Hamburg, change in Hamburg before eventually ending up in Copenhagen 10-12 hours after the journey started. Think I'll skip the Denmark show. But hey, 2 Mudhoney shows in two days is cool enough!

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    What???!!! Skip Copenhagen?? Noooooo. That really hurts my danish heart :)This is all a matter of priorities. I just found out that SAS will take you from Amsterdam to Copenhagen for only 650 NOK. All you need to do then is to get from Groeningen (whereever that is) to Amsterdam.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    What???!!! Skip Copenhagen?? Noooooo. That really hurts my danish heart :)This is all a matter of priorities. I just found out that SAS will take you from Amsterdam to Copenhagen for only 650 NOK. All you need to do then is to get from Groeningen (whereever that is) to Amsterdam.

Really, 650kr isn't that much! I did check SAS myself, but found out it cost about 4500kr which is ridiculous! Are u going to the show?
  • Options
    Really, 650kr isn't that much! I did check SAS myself, but found out it cost about 4500kr which is ridiculous! Are u going to the show?

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I have never heard Mudhoney. I'm moving from Norway to Denmark this month, so maybe I should check them out. It seems like I'll be unemployed for some time though, so maybe I wont be able to affort it. What does the tickets cost?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I have never heard Mudhoney. I'm moving from Norway to Denmark this month, so maybe I should check them out. It seems like I'll be unemployed for some time though, so maybe I wont be able to affort it. What does the tickets cost?

You really should give 'em a good listen! I suggest their 1995 release "My Brother the Cow" or their 1998 "Tomorrow Hit Today" release. They are both my favs, most other people like the earliest stuff best. But what ever you would decide to buy, you just CAN'T go wrong in my opinoin! Mudhoney is much more of a raw, stripped down "punkish" thing, not even close to PJ. Just as cool as PJ though, if not more! But that's if you like that sort of music of course.

Tix for the Vega show is 200kr, well spent money! Fuck, it would be cool to hook up with a PJ brother. I'll buy u the ticket if I decide to go, which I probably will. How's that sound?

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    I've listened to the albums you suggested at allmusic.com. It's a bit too punkish for me, though I liked the track "1995".
    I'm pretty shure that a buddy of mine has a few Mudhoney albums. Maybe he's going to the Copenhagenshow.
    If I go to the show I'll let you know. It would be kinda cool to meet a fellow jammer. Other than a one friend of mine I don't know any PJ-fans.
    But if you don't go to the show, you can always meet me at the Roskilde Festival. I'm the drunk guy in the silveriglo by exit 9 ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    I've listened to the albums you suggested at allmusic.com. It's a bit too punkish for me, though I liked the track "1995".
    I'm pretty shure that a buddy of mine has a few Mudhoney albums. Maybe he's going to the Copenhagenshow.
    If I go to the show I'll let you know. It would be kinda cool to meet a fellow jammer. Other than a one friend of mine I don't know any PJ-fans.
    But if you don't go to the show, you can always meet me at the Roskilde Festival. I'm the drunk guy in the silveriglo by exit 9 ;)

You should also give their more "classic" tunes a listen, songs as "Touch me im Sick", "In n' Out of Grace", "Here Comes Sickness", "Mudride", "Suck You Dry" and a bunch of other early Mudhoney songs.

Hehe, you have found "your spot" at the Roskilde festival i see! :D I have been there a couple of times, 1998 & 1999. Was fuckinf awesome! But man was I tierd after 2 weeks on "the field". Shit, you need a four week break after a festival like Roskilde!:)
  • Options
    Hehe, you have found "your spot" at the Roskilde festival i see! :D I have been there a couple of times, 1998 & 1999. Was fuckinf awesome! But man was I tierd after 2 weeks on "the field". Shit, you need a four week break after a festival like Roskilde!:)

:D I've been there every year since '94. I seen some of the best shows and the worst (2000....) there. I'll be there this year also. It might be my last though :( I getting to old for that shit. Camping in the mud, heavy drinking and no sleep takes its toll.........
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    :D I've been there every year since '94. I seen some of the best shows and the worst (2000....) there. I'll be there this year also. It might be my last though :( I getting to old for that shit. Camping in the mud, heavy drinking and no sleep takes its toll.........

I know what u mean! Then you went through that HELL of a downpour back in '97 I think it was....? A friend of mine were there, he said it was literally hell on earth that week. Soaking wet from the time they stepped out of the train in Copenhagen, and till they got home to Norway 2 weeks later. :D

Do u live in Volda or something at the moment? Where in Denmark will you move to?
  • Options
    97 was hell on earth! My tent actually disappeared in the wind and mud!! I came back from a concert and the tent was fucking gone! 2000 was hell too. The accident, the weather and the weird mood at the festival after fridays concert. In 2004 the weather was shit too. That year DSB (The national traincompany) complained about the extra cleaningexpenses they had due to festivalgoers leaving mud everywhere he he.

Not to comfortable with saying where I live, but lets just say that I live in Rogaland and will be moving to Sjælland, Denmark. I was born and raised in Roskilde and will probably move there when I can afford it.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    97 was hell on earth! My tent actually disappeared in the wind and mud!! I came back from a concert and the tent was fucking gone! 2000 was hell too. The accident, the weather and the weird mood at the festival after fridays concert. In 2004 the weather was shit too. That year DSB (The national traincompany) complained about the extra cleaningexpenses they had due to festivalgoers leaving mud everywhere he he.

Not to comfortable with saying where I live, but lets just say that I live in Rogaland and will be moving to Sjælland, Denmark. I was born and raised in Roskilde and will probably move there when I can afford it.

Dude, it doesn't matter where U live..... I myself live in....... DRUMROLL...... Sarpsborg. I actually moved here of my own free will. Can U believe that?? :D

If ur in or around Copenhagen on the 15'th of May, would u wanna go to the concert? I'll buy u that ticket, no problemo...
  • Options
    Check your PM, Ament to that.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    PM sent.........
  • Options
    Have you checked these airlines, i don't know the flight routes, but it might be worth checking, i flew once from Berlin to Copenhaguen for 50 euros.

http://www.easyjet.com
    http://www.ryanair.com

I think there are some other low-cost air lines for Scandinaivian countries, but don't know where to look for.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    You should also give their more "classic" tunes a listen, songs as "Touch me im Sick", "In n' Out of Grace", "Here Comes Sickness", "Mudride", "Suck You Dry" and a bunch of other early Mudhoney songs.

AMENt TO THAT, how could you leave Let it Slide out of that classic list? shame on you:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    AMENt TO THAT, how could you leave Let it Slide out of that classic list? shame on you:)

Ooooops :( Embarrasing...... U going to any of the shows?
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Ooooops :( Embarrasing...... U going to any of the shows?

no were buying our house this year so funding and childcare would both be problems, hopefully i'm going to get to see PJ, but i would think its highly unlikly i'll be seeing any other bands this year:(
    Can not be arsed with life no more.