On behalf of Gwen Stefani

Comments

• My kids used to love No Doubt, but decided that Gwen was pretty much nothing without the rest of the band. They dumped her completely when she started doing crap like that. What an awful video for an awful song.

And for what it's worth, I agree with allornone ... Kip's wedding song is catchier than this. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • well...its officially too late for her to go back to No Doubt and redeem herself...what a fucking horrible song/video
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,685
    well...its officially too late for her to go back to No Doubt and redeem herself...what a fucking horrible song/video
    Interestingly if you peruse her site, Tony Kanal produced like 3 of the songs (not this piece of garbage) on her new album.
    Wonder if those will sound more like No Doubt (not that I intend to find out)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Poncier wrote:
    Interestingly if you peruse her site, Tony Kanal produced like 3 of the songs (not this piece of garbage) on her new album.
    Wonder if those will sound more like No Doubt (not that I intend to find out)

The two songs Tony produced on her last solo album sounded nothing like No Doubt. One was a Madonna rip off and the other was just terrible.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    I didn't understand what the fuss is all about.

It's a pop song like 109389538563965 we have on the radio today.

Despite that, what's so damn wrong about it?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • ok i probably got my finger far away from the pulse but did No Doubt officially split up?
    Is this part of plan for Gwen Stefani to release really shit material so they can have a reunion album and tour and we'd pay anything for tickets and buy the dvd?
    brhf9 wrote:
    I didn't understand what the fuss is all about.

It's a pop song like 109389538563965 we have on the radio today.

Despite that, what's so damn wrong about it?

'Sexy Back' by Justin Timberlake is like every other pop song we have on the radio today. This song by Gwen Stefani is nauseating, and it's especially painful considering No Doubt was such a great band.
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I watched the AMA's last night - I guess i'm a glutton for punishment.....these shows make me freakin crazy - popular music is a giant pile of crap these days.

....the high point of the show for me was Gwen Stefani performing her new single - for the simple fact that I think I witnessed the performance of what might be the WORST song in the history of recorded music. Her rapping was absolutely horrible - but the yodelling in between verses took the cake. I hated No Doubt, but this new song made that band sound like musical geniuses.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Milestone wrote:
    Terrible song. Great video. She's still hot.

agreed, and i'm a straight girl. :D
  • MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    The scary thing is, the yodelling isn't the worst part.
  • I have to question if she's really trying, because if she's not there's easier ways to make millions of dollars without trying very hard. All she would have to do is take her clothes off and appear in Playboy.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    nfanel wrote:
    agreed, and i'm a straight girl. :D

And a beautiful one at that!

Gwen Stefani's got nothing on you :D
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    She's still hot though..find her so damn sexy

I had her in the back of my minivan. Twice actually! :D

...seriously!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I had her in the back of my minivan. Twice actually! :D

...seriously!

Did she yodel? :p
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    is this new song possibly worse than that awful song Banana's? that song made me want to violently shove pens/pencils in my ears so i could never hear again.

seriously, yodeling? jewel can actually yodel and it sounds great. my old high school physics/chemistry teacher (maybe one of the last true renaissance men, and a brilliant man) could yodel and do it damn well.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Now she's just a hot piece of ass, where as she used to be hot and play decent music in No Doubt. That new shit is terrible. Terrible
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    I heard the rest of the album today...

Complete shit. Seriously.

Next!"
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Oh my God :( this is awful. Go back to No Doubt PLEASE... yeah, I only saw no Doubt once open for Bush in 96, but this shit is a disgrace. Gwen what happend?? at least No doubt had some fucking class. :( oh yeah, What's up drivin girl? :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    Oh my God :( this is awful. Go back to No Doubt PLEASE... yeah, I only saw no Doubt once open for Bush in 96, but this shit is a disgrace. Gwen what happend?? at least No doubt had some fucking class. :( oh yeah, What's up drivin girl? :D

Hehe. Not much. Just hoping that Gwen's solo album is a ploy to get No Doubt fans to flock to their concerts the next time they tour. God, her solo career is painful.

Next!"
  • allornone wrote:
    Man, that really is not good. I prefer listening the wedding song that Kit wrote to Lawfanda at the end of Napolean Dynamite over this. I'm sure it will be the single of the year though.

I prefer listening to that song over lots of songs o.O
  • 'Wind it Up' is, without a doubt, one of the worst songs i've EVER heard.

Trash !
  • cutback wrote:
    What the fuck happened to her? No Doubt was great, but this solo shite is obnoxious.

I agree if you are talking about their early days stuff, like "just a girl". But the last thing they've done together were crap. Now if I look at the videos Stefani made alone I have the impression that she's on a LSD trip.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • MJSB74 wrote:
    The scary thing is, the yodelling isn't the worst part.
    Yes. :)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i chuckled yesterday when i saw in the newspaper she has stolen her newest hairdo ( hairdon't ) from Jimmy Neutron . :eek:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • It's sad she's wasting her talent singing crap like this... I loved No Doubt, what a hell happened?
    I don't want to take what you can give
    I would rather starve than eat your bread
    I would rather run but I can't walk
    Guess I'll lie alone just like before

23-05-00/04-09-06/05-09-06
  • She'll probably win a Grammy for this garbage. haha.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• I don't undestand why everything have to sound like Hip-Hop.

Why in every single song that you can hear on the radio there is a raper saying "UH-UH-AHA-HAHA-UH-UH" . And the song title always says "Feat. Fat Motherfucker" or something like that.

Im getting tired of all this shit.

Im pretty sure that Gwen can do (and want to do) better things, she have a lot of talen I used to love No Doubt, but this is lame.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I have ALWAYS hated her. ...and No Doubt, they sucked balls
  • talentless skeeve
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    cutback wrote:
    What the fuck happened to her? No Doubt was great, but this solo shite is obnoxious.
    I agree. Why the fuck would anybody like her go from emulating Debbie Harry to emulating Britney Spears?