Options

The stones were HORRIBLE!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    eh it wasnt that bad, but i wish they would have played something other than the 2 typical songs (& rough justice)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    I like the stones.... BUT

That was a TERRIBLE performance (SUper Bowl). Watching that makes me feel glad that i did not pay big money to see them last year.

That slide playing was terrible, they missed a transition, they could not keep a beat, the sound was thin.............

Barf.
    dude,they're in their 60's,mick was running around like a maniac,didn't get winded......did they sound like they did when they were in their 20's?no,but lighten up man.
  • Options
    Mr DMr D Posts: 20
    pearljam7 wrote:
    "They were absolutely fantastic. Reminded me of when I first saw them in '78.Raw,rugged, and sloppy. NO back ups on stage, no childrens choir, no preaching about saving the world, and no Britney and Justin! This was out and out R N R at its finest. God bless Mick and the boys. Finally a real rock band that knows how to play w/out embarassing themselves ala Aerosmith."

there is nothing raw and rugged about playing at the superbowl

not to mention, in a giant sequin tounge
    Maybe you don't want raw and rugged at the superbowl, but that's what we got. TOUGH! The Stones didn't bow down to anybody. Didn't pre-record some phony backing track, and did it by themselves w/out any back ups on stage. Raw,rugged, and sloppy. Just like the old days. They didn't censor themselves either. The NFL did. Mick sang the songs just as he and Keith wrote them. Don't worry, there's plenty of "polished" performers out there who take no risks, and will lip synch for you in concert.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Mick is sloppy as hell these days and its kind of a shame cuz it just sounds BAD not energetic...i saw them in October and it was much better than that but still not perfect
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    They made a fan out of my 7 month old daughter. As soon as they started playing she started bobbing and giggling and slapping her hands on ther knees and didn't stop till they were through. If only she would get this excited when I play my PJ videos!
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    The Stones were great always will be! Dont give me any of this overrated shit the Stones are probably one of the most underappreciated Legends of all time. Why I should educate you fools and dig out some great boots like Handsome Girls and teach you some respect!! Aerosomith c'mon they attached themselves to Britney Spears in front of a billion or so they are not a true rock band haven't been for over 17 years!
  • Options
    The Stones were great always will be! Dont give me any of this overrated shit the Stones are probably one of the most underappreciated Legends of all time. Why I should educate you fools and dig out some great boots like Handsome Girls and teach you some respect!! Aerosomith c'mon they attached themselves to Britney Spears in front of a billion or so they are not a true rock band haven't been for over 17 years!

True, but 'music aficianado's' always give the Stones their props. Its the snobs that knock them. Although I like to think of myself as a snob with broad tastes.
  • Options
    i didnt think it was that bad
    i LOVE the stones tho
    they were way better when i saw them last year in concert
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I thought they put on a good show on Sunday, but I LOVE The Stones!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I thought the Stones performance was really good. However, I do not think that their performance is worth a couple hundred bucks a ticket. I would have liked to have seen the Stones last year but they charge way too much. After seeing that performance at Superbowl (it was good), I now basically got to see what evryone who saw them on tour saw. The people who were lucky enough to see them on tour just got a longer setlists. The Stones may be getting older, but they are still rockin, and really they were the best superbowl halftime act I've seen in awhile. I just wish they would not charge so much for their tix cause then I could afford to go.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    I paid under 150 Canadian for the Moncton show and althouhg I think the tickets are quite expensive The Stones are worth it for me one of my dreams finally realized now to work on other dreams. Yes The Stones rocked thoroughly if onlp Pearl Jam were at this show and not Pittsburgh!