chopin
arvo part (modern classical)
rossini
scarlatti
vivaldi
pachelbel
dvork
ok, so the list goes on

surely there must be some appreciation on here for these talented blokes?
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    you forgot Krzyzstof Penderecki and Carlo Gesualdo.

:)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I'm a huge Mozart fan.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    the most i will do is appreciate their musical talent. i hate classical music. really can't stand it. i know people like it, but i just don't get it, what is there to enjoy? if i want to listen to some chill music, or some background music it's definitely gonna be jazz. love the jazz.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I like classical music cause it's like the equivalent to their era's arena rock. It just sounds so huge. Mozart was a fucking rock star. Jazz is also amazing though. Huge jazz fan and would rather listen to Jazz than classic, but classical music is great still.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    beethoven is probably my pick, vivaldi not too far behind

le quatttro staggioni is one bad ass composition

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I mean I love those on your list, but what about Tchaikovsky? And Bizet? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I mean I love those on your list, but what about Tchaikovsky? And Bizet? :)

true that, true that. if i knew how to spell "Tchaikovsky" before you came along and showed me i would have included him - most definately :D. as for Bizet - i'm not familiar with him :eek:.

• JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    Pachelbel is so tired and overdone

Rachmaninoff is supurb.
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
    good stuff right there^^^

glasshouse wrote:
    true that, true that. if i knew how to spell "Tchaikovsky" before you came along and showed me i would have included him - most definately : D. as for Bizet - i'm not familiar with him :eek:.

Spelling Tchaikovsky correctly is probably the only thing that I remember from my piano lessons! ;):D

:D I'm sure you know Bizet. He wrote Carmen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_ntXCzJpY

edit: And my personal favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7yb3dWhJs
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Spelling Tchaikovsky correctly is probably the only thing that I remember from my piano lessons! ;):D

poor little lady ;). those piano lessons sounds torrid

glasshouse wrote:
    poor little lady ;). those piano lessons sounds torrid

Don't you mean horrid??? :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    See? Good enough for Nirvana!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZMqviU98z8
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Don't you mean horrid??? :D

probably :), my english is/are in shambles it seems

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I prefer the Russian composers. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    glasshouse wrote:
    probably :), my english is/are in shambles it seems

Oh good! Because I was thinking my piano lessons weren't really exciting enough to be torrid! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Oh good! Because I was thinking my piano lessons weren't really exciting enough to be torrid! ;):D

i bet you are pretty. nuff said.

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    glasshouse wrote:
    beethoven
    motzart
    bach
    handel
    chopin
    arvo part (modern classical)
    rossini
    scarlatti
    vivaldi
    pachelbel
    dvork
    ok, so the list goes on

surely there must be some appreciation on here for these talented blokes?

You wrote a list. What do you want us to say? Do we like music?

Yes. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    glasshouse wrote:
    i bet you are pretty. nuff said.

Well I guess that's subjective isn't it? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

modest as well? :eek: no way! ;)

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Jeanie wrote:

And modest as well.;)

Nobodys mentioned Holst yet after a page and a half, The Planets is awesome:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mT1LPhpowno
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    glasshouse wrote:
    modest as well? :eek: no way! ;)

Just realistic. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    And modest as well.;)

Nobodys mentioned Holst yet after a page and a half, The Planets is awesome:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mT1LPhpowno

Listening now reefer. :)

Thank you. I'm liking it a lot. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    I love classical music as well.

My favorites, Vivaldi and Chopin, have already been mentioned. I'd also like to throw out Verdi, Belioz, and Haydn. I love Verdi's Dies Irae from his 'Requiem' works.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    glasshouse wrote:
    beethoven is probably my pick, vivaldi not too far behind

le quatttro staggioni is one bad ass composition

ditto! :D

My fave Vivaldi's are the Four Seasons, and his Concerto Grosso in A minor, 1st Movement: Op.3, No.6 from the collection L Estro Armonica.
    (i LOVED playing that one in orchestra! and I totally had to google that to get the right piece....) :)

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is my absolute favorite piece to play on piano... but it's been so long, it would take a ton of practice to get it back up to speed... :o

and Beethoven's 5th is... well... a classic! ;)

Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik deserves a honourable mention... :cool:
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Wagner is the shit. Quadrouple bass baby.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    ditto! :D

My fave Vivaldi's are the Four Seasons, and his Concerto Grosso in A minor, 1st Movement: Op.3, No.6 from the collection L Estro Armonica.
    (i LOVED playing that one in orchestra! and I totally had to google that to get the right piece....) :)

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is my absolute favorite piece to play on piano... but it's been so long, it would take a ton of practice to get it back up to speed... :o

and Beethoven's 5th is... well... a classic!

Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik deserves a honourable mention... :cool:

you need to grace this board a bit more. please. ;)

I just noticed your birthday is listed for today's birthdays.

So I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :)

Hope you have a great day! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    Listen to Pierrot Lunaire. Your life will change. I also find a lot of connections between between 20th century classical or contemporary music and rock. Many bands have been influenced by 20th century composers, such as Frank Zappa by Varese, some members of the Dead loved Cage. Sonic Youth are doing their version of classical electronic music. The connections are so numerous that I hope someday there will no longer be a division by names...

all the best,

...pie
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
    Jeanie wrote:
    I just noticed your birthday is listed for today's birthdays.

So I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :)

Hope you have a great day! :)

thanks baby. appreciate it :p