White Stripes - Icky Thump NEW VIDEO!!!

2»

Comments

• VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    This band just never ceases to amaze me. They are so insanely brilliant. I can't praise them enough. What a video!! I loooooove it!! The awesome contrast of colors, the subtitles, the shakiness, Jackie's little facial expressions (especially that little smirk and eyebrow lift in the beginning:D)...the interactions between him and Meg (especially when he covers her eyes)..the whole little adventure it takes you on! Such a kick ass video. I'm especially lovin the entire sequence during his tweaked out shreddy solo. :eek: How fuckin cool is that shit?! Damn! A video equally as kick ass as the song. Right the fuck on. :D

Btw~ lookin DAMN good you 2.
    ;)

It's also up on AOL...

http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_video_748x541_full&mode=1&pmmsid=1911899
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Love the ending to it, great vid. But did we expect anything less? They've not made a dog one yet.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    ok, so I'm buying the cd..........what do you think about the Raconteurs? Dana suggested it............do you too??
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    DOSW wrote:
    Pretty cool video for a pretty good song. I still don't understand the fascination with the White Stripes though...

he's one of the greatest singers i've heard... its pure emotion and so visceral what he does.

his guitar playing is phenomenal and to carry a band like the White Stripes on your shoulders takes talent and heart. The ability to sound that good with a basic drum beat and then just his voice and a guitar is amazing imo.

ok, you dont get it but thats no problem.... it's one less person to worry about when going for tickets... and WS tickets are sought after due to them being so intense as a live experience
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    What do you want? Rehashes of White Blood Cells?

No. When did I EVER say that?
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    wow that single is really awesome! Can't wait for this album
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    No. When did I EVER say that?

You NEVER said that. I was ASKING. There was a QUESTION MARK at the end of my SENTENCE. :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
    Really though Janey. I was asking b/c it seems as though people either really like GBMS & the new song as well as their whole back catalogue or they just like the early stripes (which they will most likely never sound like again). I guess i just don't get why people sometimes can't understand that the group is evolving (not to say that you can't understand). If you do like earlier WS better though, I've heard that Little Cream Soda recalls their old stuff a bit.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

• righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    Great video by a great band. Looking forward to finally seeing them live next month.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    adam42381 wrote:
    Thought the same thing. Her hair looked lighter and she looked better than I've seen before.

Meg is indeed hotter than ever.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • dirtyshoesdirtyshoes Posts: 27
    definitely their best video ever. when i first heard this song i was so baffled that this would be the first single. not single material at all, but hey who cares, they do what they want. i cant wait for this record to come out. defintiely my most anticipated for this year.
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    This band just never ceases to amaze me. They are so insanely brilliant. I can't praise them enough. What a video!! I loooooove it!! The awesome contrast of colors, the subtitles, the shakiness, Jackie's little facial expressions (especially that little smirk and eyebrow lift in the beginning:D)...the interactions between him and Meg (especially when he covers her eyes)..the whole little adventure it takes you on! Such a kick ass video. I'm especially lovin the entire sequence during his tweaked out shreddy solo. :eek: How fuckin cool is that shit?! Damn! A video equally as kick ass as the song. Right the fuck on. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself...right on to you as well.
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    idratherbe wrote:
    I can only assume you've never seen them live. They complement each other beautifully on stage; it's a PERFECT match. I know she's not technically the best drummer, but the two together have incredible synergy.

Heh, I said synergy.

:)

~peace~

agree totally,totally agree. they are amazing live. a definite "connection"
    between them.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • FreshTendrilsFreshTendrils Posts: 267
    Toshala wrote:
    ok, so I'm buying the cd..........what do you think about the Raconteurs? Dana suggested it............do you too??

If you can find a bootleg of one of their shows go for that because they sound awesome live. The album itself is okay, but it feels like its missing a spark/energy that they have found on tour.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    Really though Janey. I was asking b/c it seems as though people either really like GBMS & the new song as well as their whole back catalogue or they just like the early stripes (which they will most likely never sound like again). I guess i just don't get why people sometimes can't understand that the group is evolving (not to say that you can't understand). If you do like earlier WS better though, I've heard that Little Cream Soda recalls their old stuff a bit.

See that was part of the problem. Satan wasn't evolved enough for me. It felt like a dumbed down version of Elephant in some ways (which BTW, is my favorite WS album) My biggest problem though was that I simply didn't connect with it on any level. That issue had nothing to do with comparing it to previous albums. It just left me cold.
  • Hehe, I was gonna say Meg was lookin hotter than ever.... Seems I'm not alone in my opinion...:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    See i like there newer stuff better then there older stuff. I hardly ever listen to there first two albums anymore. I loved GBMS and i cant wait for Icky Thumb. And yes Meg is a very hot lady.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I just heard 3 new leaked songs from the new album: You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told), 300 MPH Torrential Outpoor Blues and Conquest. I'm still absorbing them and they sound great, but I think the song Icky Thump is the best of the songs I've heard so far.
  • poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    Yeah those three other songs are amazing as well. I'm so impressed so far. I can't wait for the rest. oh and jack's voice sounds soooo good.
    Common sense is not so common.
  • when will this album LEAK for shits sake
  • when will this album LEAK for shits sake
    lol patience my dear...
    En mi vida,
    el oscuro me mantiene
    cuando yo te vi
    en la lluvia me prometiste tu sangre

Estrella de la mañana
    Samael te persigo a ti
    y si me quedo sin alas
    ademas me muero por ti
    chris05 wrote:
    See i like there newer stuff better then there older stuff. I hardly ever listen to there first two albums anymore. I loved GBMS and i cant wait for Icky Thumb. And yes Meg is a very hot lady.

Yup, i'm of the same opinion

"She fell funny"