White Stripes - Icky Thump NEW VIDEO!!!

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited May 2007 in Other Music
http://music.aol.com/franchise/firstview/white-stripes-new-video

for those not in UK change your time-zone to a US time zone and it'll let you watch it :cool:

EDIT: Hi-res rip of it http://www.sendspace.com/file/4gqmt4

or smaller version http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=07921DC61B0318FC
(the smaller version might need a codec... its here
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    I do believe that's the coolest fucking video I've ever seen.

Love the Spanish subtitles, lol.

"White Americans, what?
    Nothing better to do?"

AY GRINGOS, QUE?
    NO TIENEN MAS QUE HACER?
    Common sense is not so common.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    White Americans, what?
    Nothing better to do?
    Why don't you kick yourself out
    You're an immigrant too!

Who's using who?
    What should we do?
    Well, you can't be a pimp
    And a prostitute too

I love that whole statement there. Great song, great video.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I'm in awe.

Some people just exude talent, art all around.

Good on ya Whites :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    its frickin brilliant :):)

videos can be a good thing PJ ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    When is the fracking album out?!? I need just one more song to hold me over!
  • western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    June 16th? Is that what i've been hearing? I think that's when it "drops". That video was pretty friggen good though. Looked like another Gondry directed one. I don't think they've ever made a bad/unwatchable video.

Edit: Ahh it's June 19th. I'm all 6's and 9's
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Cool - I like the message.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    Wow, love the video and was already loving the song... la la la la la!!!!

Beautifully shot, captioned lyrics in Spanish are very cool, although they don't rhyme as well as they do in English ;).

But why oh why I keep finding Jack White hot???? Doesn't he resemble a penguin?
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Great video...can't wait for the album. And Meg, if you read this, "Will you marry me?"
  • I like the song is better than the video.

Not so with this gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xb6idXJNRY
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    meg's jugs look massive :):):):)
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    mmmmm....meg's tits.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    dunkman wrote:
    meg's jugs look massive :):):):)
    Thought the same thing. Her hair looked lighter and she looked better than I've seen before.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Pretty cool video for a pretty good song. I still don't understand the fascination with the White Stripes though... they're probably one of the better popular bands out there but they're by no means the Zeppelin of the new millennium like critics and fans claim they are. Jack White needs to join a band with a good drummer (I don't care how delicious Meg White's tits are, she's still a terrible drummer) and just play guitar... no singing, no songwriting. THAT would be a band I could go for. I think Jack thinks he's a lot more talented then he is, which is why he's pretentious enough to release failed experiments like 'Get Behind Me Satan.'

All in my opinion of course... like I said I don't hate the White Stripes, but there's much much better music out there.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    was gonna say meg looked hot as well.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
    DOSW wrote:
    Pretty cool video for a pretty good song. I still don't understand the fascination with the White Stripes though... they're probably one of the better popular bands out there but they're by no means the Zeppelin of the new millennium like critics and fans claim they are. Jack White needs to join a band with a good drummer (I don't care how delicious Meg White's tits are, she's still a terrible drummer) and just play guitar... no singing, no songwriting. THAT would be a band I could go for. I think Jack thinks he's a lot more talented then he is, which is why he's pretentious enough to release failed experiments like 'Get Behind Me Satan.'

All in my opinion of course... like I said I don't hate the White Stripes, but there's much much better music out there.

GBMS = their best record to date imo. Definetely not a failed anything. Btw, have you heard of the Raconteurs? There's a few songs on there in which Brandon Benson sings and Jackie just plays.

Like you said though. It's all opinion. Different strokes for different folks :)
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

I like the song is better than the video.

According to the Stripes, they weren't initially keen on the this video but once it started production and when it was finished, Jack loved it.

They should just be glad Meg doesn't have a larger drum kit :D

"She fell funny"

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    GBMS = their best record to date imo. Definetely not a failed anything. Btw, have you heard of the Raconteurs? There's a few songs on there in which Brandon Benson sings and Jackie just plays.

Like you said though. It's all opinion. Different strokes for different folks :)

Yeah, I heard one of their songs, but I forget what it was called. I think it was their most popular one. Jack White was singing lead but there seemed to be some other voices doing backing vocals. I still didn't really like it, but I'll look into it some more.

I think the White Stripes are at their best doing songs like 'I Don't Know What to Do With Myself' and 'Ball and Biscuit' where Jack's guitar playing just explodes. Those are great. But too often they go into slower acoustic ballads or piano ballads and I just find those insufferable... I just don't think those kinds of songs really fit with them. Which is why I dislike GBMS so much.
    DOSW wrote:
    Yeah, I heard one of their songs, but I forget what it was called. I think it was their most popular one. Jack White was singing lead but there seemed to be some other voices doing backing vocals. I still didn't really like it, but I'll look into it some more.

I think the White Stripes are at their best doing songs like 'I Don't Know What to Do With Myself' and 'Ball and Biscuit' where Jack's guitar playing just explodes. Those are great. But too often they go into slower acoustic ballads or piano ballads and I just find those insufferable... I just don't think those kinds of songs really fit with them. Which is why I dislike GBMS so much.

I see. Well, we all have our preferences right? I pretty much love any song of theirs that isn't seven nation army or fell in love w/ a girl. The videos for those are great but, as most radio played songs, they got old fast. I'm glad that doesn't tend to happen any more w/ the Stripes, i.e., blue orchid.

"She fell funny"

• EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    DOSW wrote:

This is my opinion--You're a moron. Meg is not a fancy drummer, but she is definitely not a bad drummer. Do you play? Explain to me how she's bad...I've been playing for six years now, and have no reason to criticize Meg.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    GBMS is an excellent record, with some great singles to boot. Meg doesn't need to do anything different. Just keep rockin. Jack White is a monster of a guitar player. All he needs is a simple and stable, but fat, beat.
  • inthefleshintheflesh Posts: 170
    I like the song is better than the video.

yup, I agree.

More vids like Fell in Love With a Girl, Seven Nation Army, and The Hardest Button to Button...less vids like Icky Thump and Blue Orchid.
    was it?....
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    EBowie wrote:
    This is my opinion--You're a moron. Meg is not a fancy drummer, but she is definitely not a bad drummer. Do you play? Explain to me how she's bad...I've been playing for six years now, and have no reason to criticize Meg.

I'm not a drummer. But that doesn't mean I don't know what good drumming is... I have ears after all. All of her drumming sounds the same and her beats aren't exactly technical masterpieces. Even Jack himself describes her playing as sort of childish (I forget the exact term he used- it wasn't childish, but something like that), but he likes it that way. He actually doesn't even like her practicing because he doesn't want her to get too technical.

But like I said, I don't play, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if that makes you feel better. But please don't resort to name calling... it really doesn't help your argument.
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    DOSW wrote:
    I'm not a drummer. But that doesn't mean I don't know what good drumming is... I have ears after all. All of her drumming sounds the same and her beats aren't exactly technical masterpieces. Even Jack himself describes her playing as sort of childish (I forget the exact term he used- it wasn't childish, but something like that), but he likes it that way. He actually doesn't even like her practicing because he doesn't want her to get too technical.

But like I said, I don't play, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if that makes you feel better. But please don't resort to name calling... it really doesn't help your argument.

I can only assume you've never seen them live. They complement each other beautifully on stage; it's a PERFECT match. I know she's not technically the best drummer, but the two together have incredible synergy.

Heh, I said synergy.

:)

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    I'm a WS fan. Wasn't a big fan of Satan, not a big fan of this single so far. Hope the rest of the album is better :-/
  • yup, I agree.

More vids like Fell in Love With a Girl, Seven Nation Army, and The Hardest Button to Button...less vids like Icky Thump and Blue Orchid.
    Agreed.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Cool video, love the song. And i always thought Meg was a hottie. Hopefully I'll get to meet her in July.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    DOSW wrote:

I like it cos it is fun, and has an explosive energy that too much music lacks. It's raw and uncivilised, like a wild ride on a loud motor-bike !!
    Music is not a competetion.
    Agreed.

Disagree. I love the Blue Orchid and Icky Thump vids. No doubt those other two were creative. I just like these later ones a bit better. No such thing as a bad White Stipes video.

"She fell funny"

I'm a WS fan. Wasn't a big fan of Satan, not a big fan of this single so far. Hope the rest of the album is better :-/

What do you want? Rehashes of White Blood Cells?

"She fell funny"