Wu-Tang Clan 8 Diagrams near completion

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited September 2007 in Other Music
http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/statusainthood/archives/2007/09/the_wutang_clan.php

for any fans of the Wu, this should be very welcome news. not only is 8 Diagrams apparently near completion but if the writer of this article is to be believed, it is a return to form. I for one am very excited. probably won't come near to touching 36 chambers, liquid swords or cuban linx but it sounds promising.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm waiting for it... I think it's gonna be great. I think a group like Wu-Tang can try to put out another 36 Chambers and deliver, except for ODB being gone. He was awesome.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    he was awesome, but I bet he is one who could be replaced... maybe...
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    pjtaper wrote:
    he was awesome, but I bet he is one who could be replaced... maybe...
    I'm not so sure, but I think they could go on without him. replacement-wise, the other guys on the album like Cappadonna and Street Life don't even come close. ODB was never a great lyricist or anything but his style was unique and he brought an amazing charm and humour to songs like "Da Mystery of Chessboxin' "

"Here I go, deep type flow,
    Jacques Cousteau could never get this low"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • All of their albums were supposed to be a return to form yet each was worse than the one before it. I would give anything for another record like Enter the Wu
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    All of their albums were supposed to be a return to form yet each was worse than the one before it. I would give anything for another record like Enter the Wu

sounds like pearl jam between no code and s/t ;)

i may pick up their first album tonight. im torn between that and the best of busta rhymes.
  • sounds like pearl jam between no code and s/t ;)

i may pick up their first album tonight. im torn between that and the best of busta rhymes.

Buy Enter The Wu.........its not even worth deciding. I disagree about PJ though, I think their latest is one of their best.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

sounds like pearl jam between no code and s/t ;)

My god Conor... if you only make one more good decision in your life, make it that you buy Enter the Wu-Tang. seriously, it's easily top 5 hip-hop albums of all-time material. Busta Rhymes... is not.

seriously. maybe a mere 20 seconds into Bring Da Ruckus you will know you made the right decision.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    My god Conor... if you only make one more good decision in your life, make it that you buy Enter the Wu-Tang. seriously, it's easily top 5 hip-hop albums of all-time material. Busta Rhymes... is not.

seriously. maybe a mere 20 seconds into Bring Da Ruckus you will know you made the right decision.

Best rap album of all time............possibly my most listened to album as well
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Buy Enter The Wu.........its not even worth deciding. I disagree about PJ though, I think their latest is one of their best.

i was trying to imply that... s/t was finally a real return to form. but every album in between was touted as such and showed a steady decrease in quality ;)

is enter the wu the same as their self title the same as 36 chambers?
  • wu is great. odb will never be replaced. new album might be good. who knows.
    they are some dam good rappas though.

enter the wu
    built for cuban linx
    supreme clientele
    return to the 36
    the pillage

ABSOLUTE CLASSICS
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I heard Ghostface isn't on much of it, if any at all?
    NERDS!
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    ODb samples have been used previously on Wu albums whil ehe was in jail etc., I think theyll do that again. Sounds like a good album. I liked Iron Flag as well, the synonomous tune is classic, as is 9 assassins
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

36 chambers all day

is enter the wu the same as their self title the same as 36 chambers?
    yeah the full name is Enter the Wu-Tang (36 chambers)
    wu is great. odb will never be replaced. new album might be good. who knows.
    they are some dam good rappas though.

enter the wu
    built for cuban linx
    supreme clientele
    return to the 36
    the pillage

ABSOLUTE CLASSICS
    what about Liquid Swords??! WHAT ABOUT LIQUID SWORDS???!?!?! :D
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    yeah the full name is Enter the Wu-Tang (36 chambers)

ok, im sold. no busta, enter wu tang. though i dont see any used copies at the shop im going to so i may have to wait. might get the public enemy compilation in the meantime.
    ok, im sold. no busta, enter wu tang. though i dont see any used copies at the shop im going to so i may have to wait. might get the public enemy compilation in the meantime.
    so you're getting into hip-hop then? I recommend eventually you check out each of these. all classics -

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders, The Low End Theory
    Aesop Rock - Float, Labor Days
    Black Star - Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
    Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow, Nia
    Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded, By All Means Necessary
    Cannibal Ox -The Cold Vein
    Dalek - Absence
    De La Soul - 3 feet high and rising, Buhloone Mindstate
    Del tha funkee homosapien - Both sides of the brain
    Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
    Dr Octagon - Dr Octagonacologyst
    Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full, Follow the leader
    Gang Starr - Daily Operation
    Genius/GZA - Liquid Swords
    Jeru the Damaja - The Sun Rises in the East (woefully overlooked)
    Jurassic 5 - Jurassic 5 LP, Quality Control
    Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Road to the Riches
    Main Source - Breaking Atoms

sheesh... and those will be good to be getting on with :D tons more I was going to list but you will be limited by funds and time :)
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    so you're getting into hip-hop then? I recommend eventually you check out each of these. all classics -

Dalek - Absence

sheesh... and those will be good to be getting on with :D tons more I was going to list but you will be limited by funds and time :)

You can also add Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night to that list. Incredible album.
    today i bought public enemy's best of, and the chronic by dr. dre ;)
  • today i bought public enemy's best of, and the chronic by dr. dre ;)

I still listen to the Chronic once a month. It's a classic. You can't go wrong with Public Enemy either.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
    You can also add Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night to that list. Incredible album.
    Camp Lo are ace but so weird :D the lyrics are hardly even english, they use that much slang.
    today i bought public enemy's best of, and the chronic by dr. dre ;)
    I personally don't care for Dre as a rapper at all, I think his flow is weak and he tries way too hard to be cool and "gangsta" but there is no arguing with the chronic. the production is stunning and the songs just ooze that good-time sound.

Nothin' but a G thang has to be the ultimate G-Funk driving song
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:

Dalek - Absence

Its like you read my mind with that list, those are alot of my favorite records right there

Ill add these though
    Public Enemy - Yo Bum Rush The Show, It Takes A Nation Of Millions
    Atmosphere - Overcast
    NWA - Straight Outta Compton
    Gangstarr - Hard To Earn
    RUN DMC - Self-titled, Raising Hell
    Grandmaster Flash - Greatest Hits or whatever you can find by him
    The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
    Dr Dre - The Chronic
    Snoop - Doggystyle
    Nas - Illmatic
    Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
    2 Pac - Strictly For My Niggaz
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Its like you read my mind with that list, those are alot of my favorite records right there

Ill add these though
    Public Enemy - Yo Bum Rush The Show, It Takes A Nation Of Millions
    Atmosphere - Overcast
    NWA - Straight Outta Compton
    Gangstarr - Hard To Earn
    RUN DMC - Self-titled, Raising Hell
    Grandmaster Flash - Greatest Hits or whatever you can find by him
    The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
    Dr Dre - The Chronic
    Snoop - Doggystyle
    Nas - Illmatic
    Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
    2 Pac - Strictly For My Niggaz
    I should point out that I left Illmatic and Ready to Die off intentionally, because they go without saying :) to me, Illmatic is the perfect hip-hop. probably the greatest ever.
  • Ghostface Killa's Fishscale is my favorite hip-hop release in the last year or so.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Cypress Hill both S/T and Black Sunday. Both classics with both harcore as well as a broad diverse fanbase.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I personally don't care for Dre as a rapper at all, I think his flow is weak and he tries way too hard to be cool and "gangsta" but there is no arguing with the chronic. the production is stunning and the songs just ooze that good-time sound.

Nothin' but a G thang has to be the ultimate G-Funk driving song

yeah, i just love that g-funk sound, and since snoop handles 50% of the raps on the chronic, it's still a kick ass cd. i've no desire for anything else from dr dre... except maybe california love, my all time fav rap song. that's tupac though.

i think im going to pick up illmatic and liquid swords tomorrow. along with appetite for destruction.

ps. is there no love for outkast round here? i only have their best of comp, but it is probably far and away my favorite of all the hip hop i've picked up so far.
  • yeah, i just love that g-funk sound, and since snoop handles 50% of the raps on the chronic, it's still a kick ass cd. i've no desire for anything else from dr dre... except maybe california love, my all time fav rap song.

i think im going to pick up illmatic and liquid swords tomorrow. along with appetite for destruction.

ps. is there no love for outkast round here? i only have their best of comp, but it is probably far and away my favorite of all the hip hop i've picked up so far.

There is always Outkast love my friend. Southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymusic and ATLiens are outstanding.
    NERDS!
    There is always Outkast love my friend. Southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymusic and ATLiens are outstanding.

the best of covers all those albums... im thinking of grabbing their double disc set tomorrow. they've got it used.
  • the best of covers all those albums... im thinking of grabbing their double disc set tomorrow. they've got it used.

which one? The love below/speakerboxx?
    NERDS!
    which one? The love below/speakerboxx?

yup, that one. though i'm going to have to be selective. i've heard so much about liquid swords and illmatic, i might have to wait on this one.