QOTSA - Era Vulgaris cover art

2»

Comments

• Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    pdh1978 wrote:
    Daaammmnn! Ouch!

I was really looking forward to the album after hearing "Sick, Sick, Sick" and "3's & 7's" and the title track that didn't make the album, but you've made me feel uneasy now... :(

Even if Sick3 , Into the Hollow, and 3's and 7's were the best songs on the album, (not likely) it would still be a decent album. I can't understand how rivals can bash it like that. The stuff we've already heard is awesome... so allmyrivals has no crdibility at all. I say we ignore him.
  • I was a huge fan of these guys for years, and i still fancy myself a fan now. Shit, my band opened for them back in '99. Great guys.

But i must say this......i have found every album they have put out really good if not amazing.

But hearing Era Vulgaris the other day turned my stomach. The first couple single i heard sparked an interest .....but after hearing the rest, and knowing what josh and the boys are able to put out.....this new one is dog shit. I'm sorry to all you guys that like it , but compared to what i'm used to hearing from these guys .....this album is crap. there is nothing rock'en about this cd.

Everything in life is subjective but thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

Allmyrivals

This is just one point of view, I liken the cd to the self titled and all of the Josh sung stuff on Rated R, there isn't one really slow song on the album except Make it wit chu, its all really loud weird and somewhat trippy experiemental taking cues and building upon one of their short lived contemporaries DFA 1979.
  • allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Even if Sick3 , Into the Hollow, and 3's and 7's were the best songs on the album, (not likely) it would still be a decent album. I can't understand how rivals can bash it like that. The stuff we've already heard is awesome... so allmyrivals has no crdibility at all. I say we ignore him.

I never bashed anyone , and how can you tell people to ignore me. thats like telling me my opinion is wrong. No ones opinion can be wrong. And if you read my entire post, at the bottom i said Everything in life is subjective.

I believe everyone has a right to thier opinion, But your remark about me having no credibility is something i take offence to. You make it sound like i don't know anything about what i'm talking about. I am a huge fan of music in general. And i've been following Josh since his days in Kyuss. He was a mentor to me for many years. And influenced much of the music i've composed. I completly lost it when i found out i was going to open for them, it was one of the best days of my life. And to sit down and talk with Josh and Nick years ago was an experiance thats hard to put in words. I tell you with certainty, that i know this band, and what they are capable of. I've followed every note they have ever writen. And i'm sorry but i have to stick to my opinion. And i think it sadens me more than anyone i know for me to say this about the band that i've loved since they started.

I wanted this album to be amazing like all the others....but in my OPINION ...it just didn't deliver.....I hope you can respect my opinion.

allmyrivals
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Well put rivals.

I disagree, but it's ridiculous to freak out at somebody like that for an opinion.
    I never bashed anyone , and how can you tell people to ignore me. thats like telling me my opinion is wrong. No ones opinion can be wrong. And if you read my entire post, at the bottom i said Everything in life is subjective.

I believe everyone has a right to thier opinion, But your remark about me having no credibility is something i take offence to. You make it sound like i don't know anything about what i'm talking about. I am a huge fan of music in general. And i've been following Josh since his days in Kyuss. He was a mentor to me for many years. And influenced much of the music i've composed. I completly lost it when i found out i was going to open for them, it was one of the best days of my life. And to sit down and talk with Josh and Nick years ago was an experiance thats hard to put in words. I tell you with certainty, that i know this band, and what they are capable of. I've followed every note they have ever writen. And i'm sorry but i have to stick to my opinion. And i think it sadens me more than anyone i know for me to say this about the band that i've loved since they started.

I wanted this album to be amazing like all the others....but in my OPINION ...it just didn't deliver.....I hope you can respect my opinion.

allmyrivals

rrrr.... you seemed like a troll. Big time. You really didn't like 3/7's, Sick3, or Hollow?

Ugh. If the album's so bad, let me just aks what was your favorite song from EV?
  • allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    rrrr.... you seemed like a troll. Big time. You really didn't like 3/7's, Sick3, or Hollow?

Ugh. If the album's so bad, let me just aks what was your favorite song from EV?

Wow.....how am i a troll? HAHA

Ok lets go back to my first post. I recall saying that the first couple singles i heard sparked an interest. Those songs being 3's and 7's, Era Vugaris and sick sick sick.....

3's and 7's is a pretty good song and Turning on the screw isin't bad either.......i'm not a fan of sick sick sick. But thats just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy Era Vulgaris for years to come. You seem to really like it. And thats cool. We just don't share the same opinion. I hope by now your starting to undertand where i'm comming from with this.

Allmyrivals
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
    Wow.....how am i a troll? HAHA

Ok lets go back to my first post. I recall saying that the first couple singles i heard sparked an interest. Those songs being 3's and 7's, Era Vugaris and sick sick sick.....

3's and 7's is a pretty good song and Turning on the screw isin't bad either.......i'm not a fan of sick sick sick. But thats just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy Era Vulgaris for years to come. You seem to really like it. And thats cool. We just don't share the same opinion. I hope by now your starting to undertand where i'm comming from with this.

Allmyrivals

You don'y understand. Go to the RekordsRekords borads. there are guys who will take a dump on anything Josh Homme does. If you say you don't like the album, give us a reason. At this point I'm pretty convinced you know why you don't like the album, becasue you expanded and whatnot.

Anyway, I suppose I was a little too aggressive with the "no cred" thing, but when you posted I suspected you just hated the Jho.

Also... I just downloaded River in the Road. IT was okay. Eh. I'm mixed on this one.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    i'm forcing myself not to download it. I've heard sick, sick, sick but nothing else. I've been waiting for some new qotsa material for over a year. Luckily my buddy just burned me all of the desert sessions to hold me over until the new album comes out.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    Ooh Misfit Love is on YouTube. Kewl. 2 parts Queens with some Eagles oDM in there.
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Also... I just downloaded River in the Road. IT was okay. Eh. I'm mixed on this one.

That seems to be the popular opinion on it.. but personally I think its the best song on the CD. I love QOTSA's "haunting" songs.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Era is fucking brilliant. It sounds like Futurama(yes the cartoon) fucking a powerplant.

I'm going to spend all night thinking about how that is. Wow, that's better than any Rob Sheffield review.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.