Chris Cornell's Voice on Temple of the Dog

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I realy disagree. Maybe because he worked with what was essentially PJ on this album it gets so much attention around here, in addition to the fact his vocals sit above a lot of the instuments in the mix on TOTD. Personally I think his best singing was Superunknown, because there was less of the wailing and more of the soul power. It really showed the versatility in his voice from the out and out power of 'My wave' to the more technical efforts like 'fell on black days' but you still have banshee Cornell on the title track. You just have to listen a bit more on that album, because the guitars and drums have a much more obvious presence on that (and any SG album) than on say TOTD.

i separate cornell and cameron from mccready and gossard on TOTD. and as ed's presence is negligible, i've never viewed it as a pj entity in any way. but yeah i can understand why pj fans hold it in such esteem for whatever reason they choose to do so.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Vocals were amazing here, great voice pitch and very emotive through out the whole cd..Temple of the Dog is outstanding
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I also really like Chris's performance on Euphoria Morning, it's comparable to TOTD in every way, apart from the songs are obviously not so good/epic, whatever. But Chris does a mighty fine job on some more unusual songs, unusual for him anyway.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    jamie uk wrote:
    I also really like Chris's performance on Euphoria Morning, it's comparable to TOTD in every way, apart from the songs are obviously not so good/epic, whatever. But Chris does a mighty fine job on some more unusual songs, unusual for him anyway.

euphoria is brilliant. i honestly like it better then temple. i really think it's genius. its so psychedelic and drifty. its unbelievable. chris best work along with down on the upside.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    elmer wrote:
    His vocals on TOTD and BadMotorFinger are his finest moments I reckon, though if pushed I'd take the former.
    Definately.

The Reach Down chorus is so god damn awesome. PJ need to get Chris as a special guest and play that song.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    euphoria is brilliant. i honestly like it better then temple. i really think it's genius. its so psychedelic and drifty. its unbelievable. chris best work along with down on the upside.

Preaching the end of the world, from Euphoria, is just wonderful, I love it so much, the lyrics, the melody and boy what a vocal :)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....