It may be a little cliched but....

2»

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    ....and back to the topic....

love that first play after a long spell of not hearing it. it's those songs that you don't immediately think of, limo wreck, half, head down. same with down on the upside with songs like tighter & tighter, no attention, switch opens

maybe it's time for pearl jam to pull out a ty cobb cover
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Any love for Fresh Tendrils? Most underrated song on the whole CD.
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    I love Superunknown...imo, the best album to come from the whole 'grunge' movement.

I remember making the 4 hour trip to Myrtle Beach, SC with some friends way back in 1995 to celebrate graduating from high school. We were halfway there when I put in Superunknown. Perfect day, perfect album.

I remember listening to this album over and over again the summer before, when it first came out. I had never heard anything remotely like it and haven't heard too much since then that I can say is better.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • BMF is probably my least favourite of the "big three" Soundgarden albums. Apart from Mind Riot, it's all a little one-note for me - it's basically an angry album. An astonishingly good angry album, but still. Superunknown and DOTU have a little more texture for me.

It's about the emotion belting out through the vocals and lyrics.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • It's very cliche, but I'm glad you found yourself important enough to make your own thread about what album you're listening to loudly.

I personally think anyone who is enjoying a piece of music so much they wanna share that feeling/experience with the rest of us is pretty cool in my book....and a true lover of music.:)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • It's about the emotion belting out through the vocals and lyrics.
    Yes: and the emotion is anger. :p:D

I do love the album, don't get me wrong. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    itsevobaby wrote:
    ....and back to the topic....

love that first play after a long spell of not hearing it. it's those songs that you don't immediately think of, limo wreck, half, head down. same with down on the upside with songs like tighter & tighter, no attention, switch opens

maybe it's time for pearl jam to pull out a ty cobb cover
    i dig ty cobb.
    hard headed.......fuck you all.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Duder5k wrote:
    Oh My Gosh!!! The riff, the beat, everything is amazing about that song.
    I love the "Throw yourself away" part.
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Mmmmm.... Superunknown. I love that album so much. I picked up a limited edition vinyl copy of it a few weeks ago (on blue vinyl). Brilliant buy.

I couldn't choose a favourite Soundgarden album between BMF, Superunknown and DOTU though. They've all got something unique to them.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • I personally think anyone who is enjoying a piece of music so much they wanna share that feeling/experience with the rest of us is pretty cool in my book....and a true lover of music.:)

EEE-EERN-UGH!!! Wrong answer! Would the contestant like to try again or give up & retain the prizes already won? EEE-EERN-UGHH!!!! Make up your mind! The bell is blowing!!!
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Limo Wreck is just incredible. Still sends chills up my spine, especially that solo.
  • EEE-EERN-UGH!!! Wrong answer! Would the contestant like to try again or give up & retain the prizes already won? EEE-EERN-UGHH!!!! Make up your mind! The bell is blowing!!!

The bell isn't the only thing that blows about your post. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • reznors edgereznors edge Posts: 136
    March 8, 1994 was the best. 2 masterpieces in one day: Downward Spiral and Superunknown.
  • The bell isn't the only thing that blows about your post. :)

I didn't even mention a bell in any of my posts.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Duder5k wrote:
    Agreed. One of the few Soundgarden songs that I still enjoy listening to a great deal tbh.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    nah..it's not cliched, that's a great album :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • I didn't even mention a bell in any of my posts.

Never said you did.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I didn't even mention a bell in any of my posts.

really? are you sure about that?

EEE-EERN-UGH!!! Wrong answer! Would the contestant like to try again or give up & retain the prizes already won? EEE-EERN-UGHH!!!! Make up your mind! The bell is blowing!!!

:)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • really? are you sure about that?
    :)

Beasts like these can't be defeated with logic. Only glorious fire. :)
  • This is such an amazing album. There is just incredible diversity in the songwritting which results in a song for almost every emotion and therefore any time. And peculiar to very few bands (PJ included) I can listen to any SG record repeatedly and always find some thing new, something I missed.
  • EEE-EERN-UGH!!! Wrong answer! Would the contestant like to try again or give up & retain the prizes already won? EEE-EERN-UGHH!!!! Make up your mind! The bell is blowing!!!

Well you certainly get excited easily over something as simple as someone posting about listening to a piece of music on a message board...since it seems to mean so much to ya, you can keep all the prizes and score tally.

-Oscar Wilde