It may be a little cliched but....

reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I've just cranked up the Superunknown album in my cd player.;)
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I almost put it in my car today.

I hope you're listening to 4th of July :)
    NERDS!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I almost put it in my car today.

I hope you're listening to 4th of July :)

I'm listening to the whole caboodle, this day should officially be known as Soundgarden day.:)
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    That is such a great record.
  • Nothing clichéd about listening to what might be the greatest rock album of the 90s. It's a four way tie between that, DOTU, No Code and Vitalogy. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Nothing clichéd about listening to what might be the greatest rock album of the 90s. It's a four way tie between that, DOTU, No Code and Vitalogy. :D

Superunknown has never clicked with me as much as the other 3 you mention, Down on the Upside has some of the most amazing songs ever written on it Applebite, Tighter & Tighter, Blow Up The outside World, Zero Chance, Overfloater, seriously only Soundgarden could write an album with 5 crushing opuses such as these on them awesome.

BadMoterFinger is my fave Soundgarden album though.
  • Superunknown has never clicked with me as much as the other 3 you mention, Down on the Upside has some of the most amazing songs ever written on it Applebite, Tighter & Tighter, Blow Up The outside World, Zero Chance, Overfloater, seriously only Soundgarden could write an album with 5 crushing opuses such as these on them awesome.

BadMoterFinger is my fave Soundgarden album though.

Tighter & Tighter is my favourite Soundgarden song somedays, it's seriously perfection in shiny plastic disc form. But then again, so are a lot of SG songs - Limo Wreck, Like Suicide, Drawing Flies... Just throw in whatever post-BMF song you want, really. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Tighter & Tighter is my favourite Soundgarden song somedays, it's seriously perfection in shiny plastic disc form. But then again, so are a lot of SG songs - Limo Wreck, Like Suicide, Drawing Flies... Just throw in whatever post-BMF song you want, really. :p

BMF makes you want to punch someone in the face. its that good. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BMF makes you want to punch someone in the face. its that good. :)

Not the record to listen to around you, then. :p
    Not the record to listen to around you, then. :p

well right now is not a good time to be around me regardless of what is being played.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Tighter and Tighter really grips you.:o
  • well right now is not a good time to be around me regardless of what is being played.

For you. :)

OMG youve no idea what brett and jemaine do to me. :D

i cant youtube but thank you. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • OMG youve no idea what brett and jemaine do to me. :D

i cant youtube but thank you. :)

It's probably best that you can't - Viacom might come after you. ;):)
    It's probably best that you can't - Viacom might come after you. ;):)

viacom. BAH!!! i care not for them :D

have i mentioned how superunknown is not my fave soundgarden disc?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • viacom. BAH!!! i care not for them :D

have i mentioned how superunknown is not my fave soundgarden disc?

It only makes you want to kick someone in the crotch, right? :D Not quite in the upper echelon.
    It only makes you want to kick someone in the crotch, right? :D Not quite in the upper echelon.

i would never stoop so low as to deliver that blow.

i just rate superunknown below ultramegaOK.

and holy shit, as for BMF... slaves and bulldozers, rusty cage, JCP, drawing flies... as sinead oconnor said... nothing compares... :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i would never stoop so low as to deliver that blow.

i just rate superunknown below ultramegaOK.

and holy shit, as for BMF... slaves and bulldozers, rusty cage, JCP, drawing flies... as sinead oconnor said... nothing compares... :D

BMF is probably my least favourite of the "big three" Soundgarden albums. Apart from Mind Riot, it's all a little one-note for me - it's basically an angry album. An astonishingly good angry album, but still. Superunknown and DOTU have a little more texture for me.
    BMF is probably my least favourite of the "big three" Soundgarden albums. Apart from Mind Riot, it's all a little one-note for me - it's basically an angry album. An astonishingly good angry album, but still. Superunknown and DOTU have a little more texture for me.

angry is good. angry is very very good. and im feeling mighty angry. a big fuck you is just what i need right now. :)

id even place DOTU above superunknown.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    take superunknown and turn it upside down.......it looks like a forest is on fire.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • angry is good. angry is very very good. and im feeling mighty angry. a big fuck you is just what i need right now. :)

id even place DOTU above superunknown.

When I'm in that mood, BMF would be my one-stop-shop for all my cathartic needs. :)

And DOTU is feckin awesome, no worries about rating that highly. :D
  • I've just cranked up the Superunknown album in my cd player.;)

It's very cliche, but I'm glad you found yourself important enough to make your own thread about what album you're listening to loudly.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    It's very cliche, but I'm glad you found yourself important enough to make your own thread about what album you're listening to loudly.
    What is your purpose?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    What is your purpose?

To be an arsehole by the looks of things, some people cant help themselves so they try to fuck with others coz they're hard like that when they are sat at home safe behind their computer desks.

Other music, its the place for disscussing music other than Pearl Jam in all sorts of ways hence my thread, like I said a bit cliche listening to an album with a song called 4th of July on that date.
    But hey ho any excuse for you to get wound up and yes I am that fucking important.
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    we all have an important quality.........what is yours?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • I'm listening to the whole caboodle, this day should officially be known as Soundgarden day.:)

It really should be. There's nothing else going on today, right?

Nobody ever did hard rock better than Soundgarden. And I love them all from Screaming Life to DOTUS (except Fopp).

Ya know, I live in shit-hickville and they played 4th of July on the radio this morning. Not the masterpeice by SG, but a peice of shit song by Shooter Jennings. What a ball a cheese, coming up with a single about a holiday and mentioning famous person in the chorus. He couldn't look more desparate to become famous, yet in I'd bet more people here know that song than the beautiful one by SG.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    It really should be. There's nothing else going on today, right?

Nobody ever did hard rock better than Soundgarden. And I love them all from Screaming Life to DOTUS (except Fopp).

Ya know, I live in shit-hickville and they played 4th of July on the radio this morning. Not the masterpeice by SG, but a peice of shit song by Shooter Jennings. What a ball a cheese, coming up with a single about a holiday and mentioning famous person in the chorus. He couldn't look more desparate to become famous, yet in I'd bet more people here know that song than the beautiful one by SG.

Such is life, but the few it matters to know and that is what is always important.:)
  • To be an arsehole by the looks of things, some people cant help themselves so they try to fuck with others coz they're hard like that when they are sat at home safe behind their computer desks.

It's cooler reefer, the next time I'm listening to a very popular album loudly, I'm just gonna send you a private message so you can know the same interest I feel.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    It's cooler reefer, the next time I'm listening to a very popular album loudly, I'm just gonna send you a private message so you can know the same interest I feel.
    Yeah, my goodness, I am currently in a state of overwhelmed shock at the sheer intensity of your coolness and all you have brought to this board.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"

Dont bother my pm box is full and its staying that way.