I hate to do this, but...Candlebox...

2»

Comments

• OdinOdin Posts: 599
    i seen candlebox open for rush in buffalo in like 95 or 96 and the fucker just would not stop talking about the four straight superbowl loses and they were booed off the stage by the 500 or so people that were there...needless to say i hate them immensely

Heh, no wonder they omitted Buffalo from their reunion tour.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uypg6Rx-CcU

Is it just me, or does Candlebox's lead singer seem just a little fruity in this video?
  • red mos wrote:
    Is Dave Krusen still playing drums in Candlebox? I hope those guys come to Dallas soon, I'd love to see them. In a recent poll for best grunge singer I gave Kevin Martin 2nd place behind Ed. Kevin has a great voice, and I think only one other person agreed with me.

What is Krusen up to now-a-days? I know he played on Unified Theory. Great fucking album by the way if you haven't heard it. It is very much out at sea.
    -Jeremy
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    I've been a die-hard Pearl Jam fan for the past 11 years (when I was 13-14). Any time someone would bitch about them, I would back them up and get into arguments, giving my reasoning for why they do the things they do. Although I do like some of the songs that are on the new album, I just don't think it has the pizazz of their previous ones; I don't get goosebumps when I listen to it, like I do when I listen to some of their previous songs. Something that kind of ticked me off with this tour was that they always hit St. Louis and/or Kansas City (I live between the two). This tour, they aren't.
    ANYWAY, I get to go to one concert per year (hubby doesn't like it lol), so since PJ wasn't coming anywhere near us, I opted to see Candlebox. They played at a small venue near me. They've been split up since their Happy Pills album came out, and are trying to make a come-back, so they are touring like crazy this summer. The whole band was very energetic. You could TELL that they <i>wanted</i> to be there and put on a good show. After the show, they stayed around talking to fans, autographing stuff, etc. I got a pick from the guitarist, got all of them to autograph a cd insert for me, and got my picture taken with the whole band.
    I realize that PJ likes to keep their private lives separate and not invaded. But would it really hurt them to just mingle a little bit? After the last PJ concert I went to, I sat outside for over an hour, just hoping for a handshake or something, and Ed just walked out, head down, and made a bee line to their van, with the people who did stay after stuck behind a fence. I really do have a new-found respect for Candlebox; they showed me that they really appreciate their fans by what they did...Hell, Kevin (vocals), and Peter (guitar) even get on their webpage's message boards.
    Okay, beat me up now :)

yeah i am not into the new pearl jam album either. I was like. I dont feel much with this new album. some songs are good though...with the others i got goosebumps...but not with this one. BUT yeah i heard candlebox are pretty good live. the guy who played drums on TEN (dave krusen) played with candlebox for a bit....but then left the band for the same reasons he left pearl jam...he has a wife and kids and doesnt like to tour! (so he is kind of like a studio musician)
  • cookie5798 wrote:
    yay!!! I'm going to see Candlebox in a couple of weeks in Atlanta. I really hope that I get to meet the guys. I think they are very underrated. Should be a good show!!

I loved their first album. I'll have to see if their playing out in so cal, love to see them live.
    OBAMA BABY
  • san diego, anaheim, hollywood

http://www.candleboxrocks.com/quick_tour.php
    www.candleboxrocks.com
  • Pearl Jam has waaaaay too large of a following now to mingle with everyone. After work, I don't want to be mingling with people I don't know either. I personally think they've done the right thing with Ten Club, and they're extremely good to their fans for such a popular band. I'm very thankful for the time and energy they put into their touring schedule. In fact, I can't think of one band I regularly see that plays anywhere near as long as they do. I'd rather they give a longer show than mingle with the crowd.