Is "Man in the Box" the best grunge song?

2»

Comments

• Odin wrote:
    "Go" is the best grunge song, IMO. You couldn't ask for a better lead-off song.
    One of the best choruses ever... then again so is "Would?".. hmm..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • what the fuck is grunge? who the hell made up that stupid word anyway?
    it's rock n roll.... good rock song but no not the best ever
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. Has anyone checked out the new AIC? Is anyone willing to give them a chance?
  • ArtMarsArtMars Posts: 109
    I don't even think it's the best AIC song! I like it, but it is way overplayed!
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    ok, best grunge song would have to be something by pearl jam ;)

as for this, being a huge AIC fan, i'm quite stumpted. opinion is opinion i guess, but AIC's most popular song..as their best? nahhh no way brother..look deeper...way better AIC than that as it is still great.. how bout some 'God AM', 'Shame In You', 'Down In A Hole', 'Rain When I Die', 'Love, Hate, Love', 'Nutshell', 'Brother', 'Died', or 'A Little Bitter'. dude the list goes oooonnn and oooonnn...i LOOVE 'Man In The Box' don't get me wrong, but wayy better AIC out there..idk i've always felt the radio hits by any band are never the best.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Awesome song, got me into AIC but there are better AIC songs out there.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Best grunge song ever? hmm...not sure...but AIC is one of the best bands ever though..I will say though..AIC has the best Unplugged EVER !!
    Master of Zen
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    SLH916 wrote:
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. Has anyone checked out the new AIC? Is anyone willing to give them a chance?

Saw them last year and yes they are def worth checking out. Though I must point out, that they have said if they record any new material they will be using a different name.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Saw them last year and yes they are def worth checking out. Though I must point out, that they have said if they record any new material they will be using a different name.
    Good. I know Jerry was behind most of Alice's work, but it just ain't right.. The new singer is quite good though.

"Make our day"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    pjalive21 wrote:
    you got the right band down in AIC, but the song that is best grunge to me by them is Would?

i actually think if Layne wouldnt have died they could have been right up there with Pearl Jam, they had a sound that could have lasted generations

AMEN

they made such a variety of albums just like pj... so if they were stlil around indeed they would be up there
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    AMEN

they made such a variety of albums just like pj... so if they were stlil around indeed they would be up there
    Oh definetly. And at the time they were better at writing those sad acoustic driven songs than Pearl Jam or anyone really.. Nutshell and Brother being the obvious big two.

"Make our day"
  • QuitokidQuitokid Posts: 14
    no creo porque no puedes decidir eso en el grunge el grunge no se califica, se siente, no puedes decir cual es la mejor porque tu solo te dejas llevar por la cancion y no te dedicas a criticarla. Man In The Box es una obra de arte que sobresale entre otras pero hay mejores y peores dependiendo del gusto de cada uno.
  • Bleed The Freak ! ! !

:):):)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    IDK. But I think the best grunge ballad would have to be Black. Almost everyone should agree with this. If not, oh well.
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    MLB5150 wrote:
    IDK. But I think the best grunge ballad would have to be Black. Almost everyone should agree with this. If not, oh well.

As far as studio versions go I like Nutshell better then Black
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Drain You.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    not only is it not the best grunge song it isn't even the best AIC song.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Man in the Box might be my least favorite AIC song. I skip it when it comes up on my mp3 player.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • WhiteMaleRatWhiteMaleRat Posts: 301
    I think it is - it's the "rock song" of the 90's IMO....
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Quitokid wrote:
    no creo porque no puedes decidir eso en el grunge el grunge no se califica, se siente, no puedes decir cual es la mejor porque tu solo te dejas llevar por la cancion y no te dedicas a criticarla. Man In The Box es una obra de arte que sobresale entre otras pero hay mejores y peores dependiendo del gusto de cada uno.

Me gusta papas fritas.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.