Could this be the end for AUDIOSLAVE?

2»

Comments

• Audioslave is a very good band. Way better then most of the bullshit out there today. Also Cornell could pull off the old Soundgarden songs. I love how people talk about his voice, and how it isnt what it used to be. Let me tell ya folks one of the best sounding voices i ever heard. Yes even on the new Audioslave cd.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I think Chris and Tom having solo records amounts to the end for Audioslave as much as Stone Gossard, Three Fish, Mad Season, The Rockfords, Wellwater Conspiracy and Brad amounted to the end for Pearl Jam.:rolleyes:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    MetalGod75 wrote:

For 1 show.
    Still does not spell the end for Audioslave.
  • Audioslave is a very good band. Way better then most of the bullshit out there today. Also Cornell could pull off the old Soundgarden songs. I love how people talk about his voice, and how it isnt what it used to be. Let me tell ya folks one of the best sounding voices i ever heard. Yes even on the new Audioslave cd.

Hey I'll defend Cornell to the last word, but his range is not what it was in the early - mid 90's, yes he still sounds incredible, but the range is not there for a lot of the Soundgarden songs.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i'm also one of those who couldn't care less for audioslave, but i'm a very big fan of chris pre audioslave.

wish he would hang up his boots in audioslave and go solo, or just find another band totally where he could really summon his talents and inspire
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Hey I'll defend Cornell to the last word, but his range is not what it was in the early - mid 90's, yes he still sounds incredible, but the range is not there for a lot of the Soundgarden songs.

Hell its not about the range in his voice. Its about reuniting the most badass band in history. In fact I'd be happy to just see some guest appearances on Chris' solo album especially from the mighty Kim.

*bows in respect*

Any way Soundgarden always had that ability to be greater then the sum of its parts even as talented as they all were.
  • Hell its not about the range in his voice. Its about reuniting the most badass band in history. In fact I'd be happy to just see some guest appearances on Chris' solo album especially from the mighty Kim.

*bows in respect*

Any way Soundgarden always had that ability to be greater then the sum of its parts even as talented as they all were.

I would say Soundgarden had one of the best guitarist, drummers, and the best rock vocalist during the 90s.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Hell its not about the range in his voice. Its about reuniting the most badass band in history. In fact I'd be happy to just see some guest appearances on Chris' solo album especially from the mighty Kim.

*bows in respect*

Have you even heard Soundgarden?! If you don't think Cornell's high-end 'wailing' was an integral part of their sound, you are quite frankly deaf! Like I've said before, there are probably a good few songs he could still do, BUT stuff like Jesus Christ Pose, Beyond the wheel, Hands all over, Superunknown etc would be a real no-no.
  • The price of admission to a Soundgarden reunion show would be worth it if all they played was Big Dumb Sex.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    the last Audioslave record was alright, but i think that well is dry.

time to move on.
  • I think Cornell could KILL (in a good way) "Let Me Drown".
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • does it really matter? they were a substandard, boring band.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I would say Soundgarden had one of the best guitarist, drummers, and the best rock vocalist during the 90s.

Vocalists - yes (seeing Chris sing Birth Ritual on Singles completely blew me away)

Guitarists - maybe on par with some

Drummers - Matt maybe a good drummer, he's no Dave Abbruzzese however... he's still a damn sight better than Brad Wilk though!

Much as I hate Zach de la Rocha, I look forward to seeing RATM live if they do take off! Tom Morello is gonna be a busy chappy playing in both RATM and as the Nightwatchman!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I think Cornell could KILL (in a good way) "Let Me Drown".

He was spotty at best on it back in the day. I saw 'em a bunch of times. He only nailed it once.

That is a VERY tough song to sing...especially if you have to play guitar too.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I think Chris and Tom having solo records amounts to the end for Audioslave as much as Stone Gossard, Three Fish, Mad Season, The Rockfords, Wellwater Conspiracy and Brad amounted to the end for Pearl Jam.:rolleyes:

tom morello has a solo album out? or is it coming?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    taken from Moldova.ORG

Tom Morello takes the mic for the first time on "One Man Revolution," his debut album as the Nightwatchman, informs Billboard.com

Due April 24 via Epic, the 13-track set was produced by Brendan O'Brien and sports acoustic-based compositions that are a far cry from the heavy guitar rock Morello has purveyed in Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave.

The artist guitarist has been utilizing the Nightwatchman moniker for the past three years for performances, and has of late been hosting a Tuesday night residency at Los Angeles' Hotel Cafe.

Tom Morello will tour this spring, including an appearance at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, in mid-March.

But perhaps of most interest to hardcore fans are rumors that Rage Against The Machine may be reuniting for the first time in six-plus years to play the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival this spring.
    tom morello has a solo album out? or is it coming?

It's coming out this year, basically in the vain of The Nightwatchman side project he's had going.
  • i just read in Guitarist mag that Cornells album is due out in MAY:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    i just read in Guitarist mag that Cornells album is due out in MAY:)

May? Thought it was gonna be out earlier this year. Thanks for the info!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    audioslave has done their thing, three albums deep the last one didnt feel like it was breaking any new ground. get zach back, rip it up, give us more fucking rage! its a shame that the brilliance of zach has been quiet for so long!

RAGE!RAGE!

freeeeeedom.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • May? Thought it was gonna be out earlier this year. Thanks for the info!

I've seen it listed on other places (Billboard, MTV) as a March release.

Anyway, I don't think a post-breakup RATM album would be that good, possibly worse than Audioslave's albums.
  • I can't see RATM doing another album, this will probably just be a one-off gig. I don't really like Tom's solo stuff, got the Axis of Justice DVD and his solo stuff sucks to be honest.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?