Could this be the end for AUDIOSLAVE?

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Found this article at Blabbermouth
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65619
???????????????????????????
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    The strange thing is that I like them but not feeling sad if they break-up!!!!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Audioslave did nothing wrong other than be different from Rage and Soundgarden. And they get grilled for it. But listening to Euphoria Morning I really wish that Chris would call it a day and just go solo to save the pipes.
  • MetalGod75 wrote:
    Found this article at Blabbermouth
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65619
    ???????????????????????????
    Good lord, I hope it's the end....but I somehow doubt it. They're making too much money right now.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    To be honest, there's also the rumours of Soundgarden reuniting (but thats a different argument altogether!) so the possibility of RATM doin' it is not that impossible.

I think that a RATM reunion tour would rake in a lot more money than Audioslave touring with an album thats not quite as strong as the other two

Tis the season for reunions - AiC, Smashing Pumpkins etc...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I don't know how anyone could get "Audioslve split" from that article, other than the senationalist headline. Tom Morello has been working on various side project since the beginning of RATM. Why would he stop now? The same goes for Cornell. Bands always go on hiatus to allow themselves space. Also audioslave are CONSTANTLY denouncing rumours of break ups and Rage/soundgarden reunions.
    Just accept it people - Audoslave are here to stay, and RATM are dead and buried.

And Jenny, I thought the 3rd album was far superior to hefirst two. they've finally shown some signs of growth and a departure from the Rage heavy sound that dominated beforehand.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • larslars Posts: 524
    audioslave suck
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    lars wrote:
    audioslave suck
    How constructive.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    The layout of that webpage makes it looks like some 13 year old who watches nothing but the Fuse channel designed it.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I don't know how anyone could get "Audioslve split" from that article, other than the senationalist headline. Tom Morello has been working on various side project since the beginning of RATM. Why would he stop now? The same goes for Cornell. Bands always go on hiatus to allow themselves space. Also audioslave are CONSTANTLY denouncing rumours of break ups and Rage/soundgarden reunions.
    Just accept it people - Audoslave are here to stay, and RATM are dead and buried.

And Jenny, I thought the 3rd album was far superior to hefirst two. they've finally shown some signs of growth and a departure from the Rage heavy sound that dominated beforehand.

you basically summed it up wonderfully
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

I liked that sound... but I guess its all about preference!

At the end of the day I'm still really glad that Tom Morello and Chris Cornell are still making music, whether together or solo.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I'd love to see RATM reunite with Jon Theodore as the drummer. Not sure it it's true but Jon and Zack are suppose to be working together.
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Cornell must go alone for a while, we need more Euphoria Mornings songs, Soundgarden songs,and new songs too. I can imagine that show,.....just AWESOME!!!!!....

No hard feelings with Audioslave,...there is Chris and i like his voice.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • Chris needs to go solo and stay solo, Tom should stick with his solo project (if it's any good), and Brad and Tim need to get something else going for their own. Audioslave's too repetitive (not a big fan of too much they've done after the first CD), RATM are repetitive (the first and second CDs are alright, but that's it for me), and Soundgarden wouldn't work too well with Chris on vocals these days, unless they went down a more mellow path. And with SG, that just doesn't work in full for me.

That's what I have to say about it
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    If this news is true it would be the equivalent of being kicked in the nuts with iron boots only to have them massaged better by Christina Aguilera and Angeline Jolie.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Binaural wrote:
    If this news is true it would be the equivalent of being kicked in the nuts with iron boots only to have them massaged better by Christina Aguilera and Angeline Jolie.
    LMFAO:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141

I also agree with you. They've been denying rumors of a break up and rejoining their old bands since Audioslave's inception. Just because they take a break from the band after putting out three albums in 3 and a half years does NOT mean that they're breaking up!

For those of you who want them to break up, here's a solution.... don't listen to them!!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Binaural wrote:

That sounds like it would be a lot better than the first 3 Audioslave albums to be honest.

Chris hasn't been relevant to me as an artist since EM. I hate that, but that's how it goes. He's happy, making music that people like a lot, and getting paid. That's great for Chris :).

I will buy his new solo album without hearing a note of it because I am certain that it will be significantly better than anything he's done in Audioslave...but, on the off chance that it is not, the man still made some extraordinary music for the first 13 years of his professional career. THAT music had a profound impact on me, and I can leave it at that.
  • I very much doubt there is any truth to this rumour at all. Yes they are making solo albums but I can't see Zack working with the others ever again.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    I can see Chris working with the Eleven guys.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • if rage gets back together, i could give two shits...

if audioslave breaks up, i will probably throw a party at my apartment...

if soundgarden gets back together, i will throw 10 parties at my apartment.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    I very much doubt there is any truth to this rumour at all. Yes they are making solo albums but I can't see Zack working with the others ever again.

exactly.
  • Nah.

The Nightwatchman has been playing forever and it sounds like RATM will be (if true) getting together for one show.

AS is too good (maybe musically, but definetly in terms of band relations) to break up now.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Audioslave did nothing wrong other than be different from Rage and Soundgarden. And they get grilled for it. But listening to Euphoria Morning I really wish that Chris would call it a day and just go solo to save the pipes.

ditto to that.
  • his voice did deteriorate but lately hes not smoking or drinking which has helped the tone..plus audioslave toured constantly which would be harsh on any singer-which i think is more of a reason for a rest this time around

if you want to get all technical about it the upper part of his range is undeniably fucked BUT if you listen to his latter singing, he seems to get around this problem by different ways of singing. eg, more harmonising which he didnt do that much b4. check out the recent sweden unplugged..

to all those hoping for a soundgarden reunion-why? they were a great band for 12 years and much as i would love to see them live, it wouldnt be sg in their heyday byt sg being quite embarrassing..think about it, a band who doesnt play for 12 years playing live with no new material. thats gonna be great..

and as for ratm-that was one of the most acrimonious band break ups in recent memory. so im skeptical of a reunion to be honest.

if chris is doing his solo stuff, why wldnt tom do nightwatchmen stuff? what else is he going to do?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Neruda25 wrote:
    I can see Chris working with the Eleven guys.

I don't think that's in the cards.
  • With Chris Cornell and Tom Morello, both of them about to release solo works, the end of audioslave is very close.
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • if soundgarden gets back together, i will throw 10 parties at my apartment.

Dude, where do you live? I'll bring a 12er...

Never got a chance to see Soundgarden live before they broke up, so if they got back together, I'd be stoked motherfucker..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    to all those hoping for a soundgarden reunion-why? they were a great band for 12 years and much as i would love to see them live, it wouldnt be sg in their heyday byt sg being quite embarrassing..think about it, a band who doesnt play for 12 years playing live with no new material. thats gonna be great..

I agree with this... anyone who thinks Chris could sing even half of Soundgarden's library anymore is insane. Not to mention that having Mr. Happy himself belting out depressing Soundgarden numbers would take all the emotion out of the songs.

Look at Ed singing songs like Why Go or Deep in the past couple of years. It would be like that, except amplified 10x.

What I'm trying to say is, this isn't the "Slaves and Bulldozers" or "4th of July" Chris Cornell anymore. It's the "Dandelion" and "Heaven's Dead" Cornell. The passion and inspiration for his old music is gone. It only lives in the songs themselves.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • pjamdude69 wrote:
    Dude, where do you live? I'll bring a 12er...

Never got a chance to see Soundgarden live before they broke up, so if they got back together, I'd be stoked motherfucker..

san diego...if SG reunites i'll see every west-coast show, including a WA show..be prepared.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i hope this isn't true cause i am in desparate need of a new tour t shirt to replace the one i've been wearing for nearly on 4 years.

oh and i like the music. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say