The Killers

2»

Comments

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    After just one listen I would say I like Hot Fuss more than Sam's Town. They've definitely gone for more of a mainstream sound. The singer has changed the pitch and singing style a bit for this one. At times he sounds like Robert Smith. Rolling Stone seemed to be obsessed that this sounds like a Springsteen rip-off album, but I don't see that. Maybe closer to Queen. There are a few lyrics that could have been written by Springsteen, but the music sounds nothing like. I need to listen to it a few more times to give a more thorough review.
  • Uncle Jonny is one of my favouites too along with Bling (confession of a king) and Bones.

Yeah that one is really good as well...but I've been listening to Uncle Jonny non-stop lately..friggin sweet...
    so far so good..i like the album
    Master of Zen
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    my husband got sam's town today...and i've been listening to it non-stop. i am really liking it! nice to find new bands i enjoy, b/c there really aren't too many. no, i don't find them ground-breaking, but i don't need all my bands to be ground-breaking...being good at what you do, that works too. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    I like the Killers.

I actually discovered them through my friend's nephew who plays in the band "The Red Romance" who have been the opening band for the Killers.

Check them out, too. I think they're pretty good.

http://www.theredromance.com/main.html
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • I like them !!!, both albums are good but Sam's Town is more for my taste. Uncle Jonny is a great tune !!

nice to find new bands that i like !!
  • gabers wrote:
    After just one listen I would say I like Hot Fuss more than Sam's Town. They've definitely gone for more of a mainstream sound. The singer has changed the pitch and singing style a bit for this one. At times he sounds like Robert Smith. Rolling Stone seemed to be obsessed that this sounds like a Springsteen rip-off album, but I don't see that. Maybe closer to Queen. There are a few lyrics that could have been written by Springsteen, but the music sounds nothing like. I need to listen to it a few more times to give a more thorough review.

I think that Flowers sounds like Bono in a few songs of Sam's town. I like it. I think that the album is good because the songs fit one to an another but aren't to similliar. I also read the r.s. review and I haven't see the Springsteem stuff they mention. Think that the man who has written it don't like them and wanted to find a reason. I'm no musician so I'm not able to make a great review but I like music and what I can say is that I really like Sam's town...
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    I think that Flowers sounds like Bono in a few songs of Sam's town. I like it. I think that the album is good because the songs fit one to an another but aren't to similliar. I also read the r.s. review and I haven't see the Springsteem stuff they mention. Think that the man who has written it don't like them and wanted to find a reason. I'm no musician so I'm not able to make a great review but I like music and what I can say is that I really like Sam's town...

I don't hear the BOSS interpretations either. Amazon customer ratings are 4/5 so good to see a majority are really enjoying the new album.

For Reasons Unknown is still my favorite.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    For Reasons Unknown is still my favorite.
    Mine too :)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.