The most underappreciated and forgotten PJ song

2»

Comments

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,146
    "when you hear a band's new music described as more "mature" and "complex" thats usually a pretty good sign that it sucks."

this emphasizes my point I made in my reply to the "Distortion and Speed" thread, the band does not care what you think of any particular album, they are not making music for any one group of consumers in particular, they are making it to release their creativity (unless they are just in the biz to make money or be a one-hit-wonder and quit making music).

To say a band's album sucks is like saying you like one color better than another or one type of pizza better than another-everyone is allowed their opinion but it is just that, your opinion, and has nothing to do with why the band made that specific music, they made it to express themselves artistically.
  • "when you hear a band's new music described as more "mature" and "complex" thats usually a pretty good sign that it sucks."

this emphasizes my point I made in my reply to the "Distortion and Speed" thread, the band does not care what you think of any particular album, they are not making music for any one group of consumers in particular, they are making it to release their creativity (unless they are just in the biz to make money or be a one-hit-wonder and quit making music).

To say a band's album sucks is like saying you like one color better than another or one type of pizza better than another-everyone is allowed their opinion but it is just that, your opinion, and has nothing to do with why the band made that specific music, they made it to express themselves artistically.

uh...ok. not sure what that has to do with this thread but anyway.

i'm not allowed to think an album sucks? glad theyre expressing theirselves artistically but Avocado and Riot Act mostly blow. I also like the color blue because red sucks. sorry. I doubt they care what i think.

tragic lack of respect for the greatest album of all time on this board...
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,146
    MrSmith wrote:
    ...i'm not allowed to think an album sucks? glad theyre expressing theirselves artistically but Avocado and Riot Act mostly blow. I also like the color blue because red sucks. sorry....
    I really hope I did not come off as being rude in my last post, and if I did I apologize!
    thank you for not being rude in your response and you definitely are entitled to think that Avocado and Riot Act "mostly blow" (also that you think the color red sucks, I do too!)
  • no worries
  • Sorry one of my least fav PJ songs but each to their own.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....