Options

chicks of rock

2»

Comments

• Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    The Sounds are pretty damn good. Their new albums not so hot, but I like em.
    Her?
  • Options
    I can't believe no one has given Bikini Kill any love. Get all their cd's.

The lead singer for that band is now in Le Tigre. Check them out as well
  • Options
    L7
    Distillers
    Breeders
    The Slits
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    to me karen o and kim deal are goddesses. not to fond of the other chick singers. what ive heard of pretty girls make graves was good though.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Can't leave Patti Smith out.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    PJ Harvey
    Fiona Apple
    Maria McKee
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Amanda Palmer
    Tori Amos
    Skin
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    Though she's more woman than chick, I would suggest that you pick up Howling Book from Eleven. Natasha Shneider's vocals are incredible, and Jack Irons is on the skins. Then there's Alain Johannes blazing every which way on guitar.

Eleven has a little something for everybody. :)

Ahhh yes! I seen them in concert (Ironsless) in this tiny coffee shop/bar. They were awesome! After the show they came out and talked with everyone that was left. I picked up a broken drumstick during the show and had them sign it. Natasha was funny about signing the stick. She told me she didn't feel right signing it cause she doesn't play the drums...so I told her she could go get her guitar and sign it and then hand it over. We laughed for a short moment and then she signed the drumstick. Good times!
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • Options
    I thoroughly recommend The Grates!!!!!
    The album is called Gravity Won't Get You High

top stuff!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    Yeh, you can't go wrong with any Sleater Kinney album. Le Tigre's 1st album, self titled i believe, is pretty decent, I didn't like [em]This Island[/em] too much though. The last record by The Breeders is kick ass, Title TK, I recommend that. I just downloaded the Yeah Yeah Yeah's (Fever) a few weeks ago, im diggin it. I haven't listened the their last record yet, will soon...
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Shirley Manson and Karen O are all you need..they both ooze perfection
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    has nobody mentioned joan jett???
    also flyleaf, lacuna coil, paramore, and the sounds are pretty good
  • Options
    Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    always like the Cranberries, Fiona Apple, Sarah Harmer. Lacuna Coil, Sundays, Cat Power, Eisley....they're pretty good as well
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010