one-hit wonders

2»

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Harvey Danger does a pretty good cover of Save It For Later...I found it while searching for the original.

Remember Dishwalla?

PBM

i remember dishwalla
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    it's funny b/c brian vander ark wrote a song about 1 hit wonders: "do you wanna be famous * wanna get a taste * do you wanna be written and erased * do you wanna be faded like the scene in a one hit wonder magazine"

written and erased
    by brian vander ark [sid flips music/emi april music inc. (ascap)]

written and erased - 3m22s
    available on: resurrection

lyrics: as soon as something's popular it's written and erased * still i'm watching, i want more though * i have seen it all before where * bullies hang with pretty boys who pick up girls in coduroys * who's teeny tops are little tanks they go hip hip hopping to the banks * where imitation is just limitation in disguise * sell our souls because the rock just rolled over and died * do you wanna be famous * wanna get a taste * do you wanna be written and erased * do you wanna be faded like the scene in a one hit wonder magazine * do you wanna be jaded, self medicated * gonna be rehabilitated * and then be congratulated * oh yeah you're the one we're looking for * i don't believe the break you had * the monumental ache you had * a game of conscience, tug of war * and we have all been there before * where bullies become pretty boys with loaded guns and shiny toys * they're busting heads and making noise 'till they're bang bang banging hit the floors * where imitation is just limitation in disguise * sell our souls because the rock just rolled over and died * do you wanna be famous * wanna get a taste * do you wanna be written and erased * do you wanna be faded like the scene in a one hit wonder magazine * do you wanna be jaded, self medicated * gonna be rehabilitated * and then be congratulated * oh yeah you're the one we're looking for * get your pencils, papers, big fat red erasers we're all tail-chasers in disguise * do you wanna be famous * wanna get a taste * do you wanna be written and erased * do you wanna be faded like your jeans they're gonna be busting at the seams * do you wanna be jaded, self medicated * gonna be rehabilitated * and then be congratulated * oh yeah you're the one we're looking for * do you wanna be famous * wanna get a taste * do you wanna be written and erased * do you wanna be faded like the scene in a one hit wonder magazine * do you wanna be jaded, self medicated * gonna be rehabilitated * and then be congratulated * oh yeah you're the one we're looking for.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more