best pink floyd song?

Comments

• i said echoes. us and them is probably up there for me too. the high point of dark side of the moon for me.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • fearless or the trial
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • I've always loved Comfortably Numb, though Dogs is probably my favorite overall.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    So many great songs already mentioned like echoes, dogs, comfortably numb, time all of those are favs of mine, but no one has mentioned:

High Hopes

I really thing that is a great song.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • comfortably numb...hey you...or us and them
    US and THEM is prolly my fav tho
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • very beautiful with the solo.
    very emotional relating to syd barett
    one of the best songs from floyd
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "Sheep"
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Wish You Were Here or Echoes.
    Exponentially serving. Perpetually unnerving. Vehicle swerving.

- explore and not explode -
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Dogs ..it has it all

I'm with you here. But, you can't go wrong with the whole ANIMALS album. I saw Roger Waters last month and they played SHEEP. Very good.
  • sheep
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Fearless

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Im glad to see a few others mention Fearless. I only recently heard it for the first time, and it's been on a constant spin lately.

I also love shine on you crazy diamond.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    "Childhood's End" from Obscured.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Yes, Fearless is a favorite of mine.

For an underrated gem, how about "Summer of '68"?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I really like Wish You Were Here and Have a Cigar but my favorite has to be Comfortably Numb.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Yes, Fearless is a favorite of mine.

greatest post I've ever read BinFrog....I thought I was the only person alive who loved Summer '68! Fearless is great too!

however, as far as a single greatest studio recording, my vote goes to Time. It's perfect in every way. I prefer the Pompeii version of Echoes or I would have given it up to that.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Cymbaline

that settles it
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Cymbaline

that settles it

beat me too it.. i recently got a sbd bootleg from 1969 and rediscovered Cymbaline.. amazing underated floyd song

BUT i still go with my original answer THE NILE SONG!

Cymbaline takes 2nd :)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    BUT i still go with my original answer THE NILE SONG!

The Nile Song...in my top 5 for sure!

Voivod did a really decent and faithful version of it on their album "The Outer Limits". Check it out if you get a chance.
  • bjf143bjf143 Posts: 147
    big fan of When The Tigers Broke Free

also like Wish You Were Here, See Emily Play, Mother, Comfortably Numb, Echoes, etc...this list could go on and on and on...
    "Actually, we're a complete fraud. We can't sing, play or write songs, we get other people to do it for us. We also pay radio stations lots of money to tell kids to buy our records and wear clothes like us."

~EV

www.myspace.com/nittanylions

Jo's Board
    http:\\jojogvn2fly.proboards86.com
  • intodeep wrote:
    So many great songs already mentioned like echoes, dogs, comfortably numb, time all of those are favs of mine, but no one has mentioned:

High Hopes

I really thing that is a great song.

I love High Hopes too. It was an important song to me at one point in my life so I'll always rate it as one of my favorite Floyd songs. I also love Comfortably Numb cuz that song is unbelievable. I couldn't pick one song off DSOTM so I would say the whole album besides it's all like one song anyway.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." -'Release' PJ
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    time
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Dogs - My favorite by far. I really wish Roger had played this on his recent tour.

Set the controls
    Southampton dock
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I love Animals aswell.. if you ever get a chance check out Les Claypool and the Frog Brigade's live cover of the entire album!

Frogs Vol. 2 i think is the album
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Dogs ..it has it all

i agree. the whole album is great, but this song in particular is my favorite. my dad bought me this album when i was about 15, i've been hooked ever since then. i get so excited everytime i see battersea powerplant when i'm in london, cause i reminds me of the cover, which was great as well.
  • BinFrog wrote:

that whole album is underrated. i never hear anyone talk about atom heart mother.
  • wish you were here and mother
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Wish You Were Here
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • crittables wrote:
    that whole album is underrated. i never hear anyone talk about atom heart mother.

awesome album....Gilmour has been playing Fat Old Sun on his recent tours....