best indie music?

2»

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I think pitchfork can be total BS at times (ie: the new Deerhoof album).. they gave this new Panda Bear album "Person Pitch" a 9.4 but I am actually diggin it.. you guys should all check it out!.... its almost like The Beach Boys meets Board Of Canada!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I will go with a couple from the 90's that have that 90's indie rock feel to them:

Neutral Milk Hotel & Archors of Loaf

For Neutral Milk Hotel if you have not checked out in an areoplane over the sea you really need to. Archors of Loaf's album Icky Mettle is a great one as well.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    bharQ wrote:
    I think pitchfork can be total BS at times (ie: the new Deerhoof album).. they gave this new Panda Bear album "Person Pitch" a 9.4 but I am actually diggin it.. you guys should all check it out!.... its almost like The Beach Boys meets Board Of Canada!
    Ok, I really want to check this one out. However, for somebody who REEAALLY doesn't 'get' Animal Collective, would this still be worth a listen?

I love to see Icky Mettle mentioned as it is the most underrated disc of the 90's.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    The Black Angels
    The Burden Brothers
    Dolorean
    The Beautiful Girls
    ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead
    Flickerstick
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • !!!!!! Posts: 28
    Yo La Tengo
    Free Loan Investments
    Talulah Gosh
    The Groove Farm
    The Hit Parade
    Go Sailor
    Action Painting!
    The Razorcuts
    Orange Juice
    Unrest
    Versus

Gotta love jangle pop!
    SIGNATURE :)
  • Yes. The Flaming Lips put on quite a show. Saw them in Syracuse back in September.

I WAS AT THIS SHOW and it was quite possibly the best show I HAVE EVER SEEN. I guess a couple of years back they played the same show with Beck during sea change and i missed it :(
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Seen Flaming Lips at Vegoose 2005 and last year's Sasquatch.... both shows were amazing... Sasquatch only the true survivors witnessed that set.. everyone was still soaked and freezing from the freak hail storm!!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Seriously. I'll say it again.

The White Stripes

I <3 De Stijl. Best album ever.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    bharQ wrote:
    Seen Flaming Lips at Vegoose 2005 and last year's Sasquatch.... both shows were amazing... Sasquatch only the true survivors witnessed that set.. everyone was still soaked and freezing from the freak hail storm!!

I agree their set at Sasquatch last year was excellent...and I don't even like the Flaming Lips, lol. But it was a very entertaining show. The giant plastic bubble is something that has to be seen to be believed. My companions and I didn't stay for their full set though, as we were all completely frozen and shivering our asses off. It was a very long day, and by that point everybody had pretty much had enough.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • The Avett Brothers!!
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • im suprised no one has mentioned bloc party yet. their second album has recently been released in the uk, and i personally rate it highly.
    i also rate the latest brand new album, too.
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Seriously. I'll say it again.

The White Stripes

De Stijl. Best album ever.

This is album does fuckin rock... one of my all time favorites. I think I'll bust it out right now for a listen :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12