• Best album of the year so far is Blind Melon-For My Friends
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    you are on crack. deaf cat for judy sucks.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Does it sound anything like Plans?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • redmosquito10redmosquito10 Posts: 568
    I'm gonna have to say the best officially released so far is Attack and Release, but Evil Urges is amazing, and I'd be completely blown away if anything for the rest of the year topped that for me
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Surely you must jest. If you've heard the radio cut, they've lopped off about 3 1/2 minutes of the song too. The bad-ass 4 1/2 minute intro is different than anything they've ever done.
    THat 4 minute intro caught me off guard. I had heard the single version, and bought the album after I heard "Twin Sized Bed". But when Possess your Heart came on with that into, I was blown away. Great album. This is my first real acknowledgment of this band, except when I saw them open for PJ
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I once recommended Twilight by Elliott Smith to a friend once. She listened to it and then said it was crap and that I should listen to I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab if I wanted to hear real beauty. I nearly cried. At her, not the song.

Wow. Luckily I wasn't there to burn the Death Cab CD out of spite :)
    NERDS!
  • MCG wrote:
    Does it sound anything like Plans?

No, not at all.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
    Definitely a great album.

Blows "Plans" out of the water.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    No, not at all.

I'm glad it does not sound like plans. Plans was okay, but a bit too poppy for my taste... although i realize they have always been poppy.

I loved Transatlanticism.

How does it compare to that album?

I had kind of written this band off for a while. I don't care for them live and plans kind of bored me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    No, not at all.

Good, that was one of the most boring records I've ever heard.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    My vote goes to 12 Angry Months by Local H.

LOVE this CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    boroff89 wrote:
    After one time through with Death Cab and MMJ's new albums, I much prefer Death Cab's. As a caveat, I really don't get MMJ. I just can't connect with the music. Death Cab's album is outstanding.
    agree with all of this.
  • thecorythecory Posts: 290
    i bought an album from death cab when i heard 'crooked teeth' and thought they were an upbeat type band w/ cool songs; instead i felt like i joined a cult. creepy shit that band.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    ive never liked death cab, but there seems to be a lot of buzz about this album, so i will give it a listen and decide. the paper here today gave it 4.5 stars. as for attack and release, i will give that a listen too.

evil urges has my vote as of now. but if the hip release another good one, that could take it for me.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    ....until MMJ proves me wrong, I guess. 'Grapevine Fires,' 'I Will Possess Your Heart' and 'You Can Do Better Than Me' are fucking amazing. I've been a casual listener for the longest time, but these guys have really branched out and hit a nerve with me this time. Dark, beautiful, awesome album.

you don't like rem's new one?
  • augustwest wrote:
    you don't like rem's new one?

I actually kinda forgot about that one haha......no, by all means that is definitely up there. It's their best album in over a decade imo. Much more uptempo and vintage REM than the adult contemporary music they've been putting out recently.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II