Vote for Sanjya

YeahThatRocks.comYeahThatRocks.com Posts: 117
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Is anyone voting for this kid on American Idol? My wife watches this how and I happened to see him last night. He destroyed a Bonnie Raitt song.
Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
2003 MSG 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I voted 20 times last night for him.

STERN RULES.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I read an interview with the producer of the show and while addressing the call-to-action from various sources (such as Stern)...he seemed pretty confident that Sanjaya wouldn't win.

Interesting to say the least.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • NickyNooch wrote:
    I voted 20 times last night for him.

STERN RULES.

I like Stern as well but why waste so much time voting if you don't like the show?
  • PLEASE fucking stop voting for that fucking kid. fuck the fucking kid can't fucking sing. if one more fucking person fucking votes for that FUCKING kid simon paula and randy are fucking outta there..we're all fucking outta there. if anyone see's one more fucking person fucking voting for that fucking kid you have my permission to beat the holy fucking shit out of them!! FUCK...AH THAT FELT GOOD.............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWYMgRKcM2w
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    simon paula and randy are fucking outta there..we're all fucking outta there.

Whaaaa!!!!
    Uh, thats the point.
    The show sucks
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Whaaaa!!!!
    Uh, thats the point.
    The show sucks

yeah people (from what i understand) are voting him in as a joke. i guess people are just sick with the show.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Whaaaa!!!!
    Uh, thats the point.
    The show sucks

Ok so don't watch it. Wasting your time to vote over and over again for someone trying to wreck the show seems a bit excessive.
  • Whaaaa!!!!
    Uh, thats the point.
    The show sucks
    don't you get it? it's a parody of the eddie quarter rant incident!
    but anyway just please let the kid go home. everyone is making it certain that we're going to see and hear this kid forever it's making him a household name we're all gonna have to live with him in commercials and everywhere for god sakes please!!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • PLEASE fucking stop voting for that fucking kid. fuck the fucking kid can't fucking sing. if one more fucking person fucking votes for that FUCKING kid simon paula and randy are fucking outta there..we're all fucking outta there. if anyone see's one more fucking person fucking voting for that fucking kid you have my permission to beat the holy fucking shit out of them!! FUCK...AH THAT FELT GOOD.............
    Wow! I have never seen such a display of passion for PJ, and you are going bonkers for American Idol? And some kid who can't sing?

Wow!?
  • Wow! I have never seen such a display of passion for PJ, and you are going bonkers for American Idol? And some kid who can't sing?

Wow!?
    i guess nobody knows the eddie quarter incident rant. it's a parody of that i guess it went right over everyones head.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Other music maybe?
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I hope he takes the whole show....
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Whats a Sanjya? American Idol? Really?
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I like Stern as well but why waste so much time voting if you don't like the show?

Because it's funny. You either are in on the joke or aren't. Millions of Stern listeners find it funny and I am one of them. To sabatoge the #1 show in America, making them give a horrible singer a musical contract, priceless.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    This is Ozzy Osbourne. Vote Sanjaya! Yeah!!!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Making them give a horrible singer a musical contract, priceless.

This kid's got a contract regardless now with all the publicity he's received.

*See Also: William Hung

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Lizardking wrote:
    Whats a Sanjya? American Idol? Really?
    it's a michael jackson like creature that emits annoying sound and performs 101 hair doo tricks. the dolls of him are going to be this years hottest christmas toy if people keep this voting up!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • the show is an outlet for people with talent that may not have other options than this to have had the chance to have been discovered. granted everyone is not going to like every winner or the style of music they perform but you can't deny the show has had some real talented people on. the next eddie vedder could be found for all you know. and to vote for some kid that sucks and try and kill a show like this is stupid. if you don't like it don't watch it or listen to people's comments about it. this won't end the show anyway it's the number one show in america for christ sakes!! what it will do is deny someone with real talent the opportunity to win.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    the show is an outlet for people with talent that may not have other options than this to have had the chance to have been discovered. granted everyone is not going to like every winner or the style of music they perform but you can't deny the show has had some real talented people on. the next eddie vedder could be found for all you know. and to vote for some kid that sucks and try and kill a show like this is stupid. if you don't like it don't watch it or listen to people's comments about it. this won't end the show anyway it's the number one show in america for christ sakes!! what it will do is deny someone with real talent the opportunity to win.

If someone has real talent and has gotten this far they have already been discovered.

It would have been a real shame if Taylor Hicks wouldn't have won so he could do car commercials. Give me a break.
  • rrivers wrote:
    If someone has real talent and has gotten this far they have already been discovered.

It would have been a real shame if Taylor Hicks wouldn't have won so he could do car commercials. Give me a break.
    well taylor hicks was last years joke see.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    I think it's great that he's still on there, and I find the whole thing amusing. I never watched Idol, ever, until the Sanjaya thing started (and I saw his sister bouncing around). While I find it amazing that Stern and vote-for-the- worst.com, to a lesser degree have influenced the joke, what people haven't realized, and surprisingly enough Stern hasn't mentioned, is that as the competititon goes along and other contestants are voted out, the people that were voting for them will likely pick someone else, thereby redistributing the votes and diluting the Sanjaya movement. That'd be no big deal except many think he actually has a shot at taking it.

In other words, the concentration of votes will statistically redistribute itself. All the actual fans of the show will most likely keep watching and voting, long after their initial pick has left the show. Sanjaya will therefore need an ever increasing number of votes week to week to then stay afloat, as the number of contestants gets distilled down. For example, the girl that got elimintaed last week...say she was getting 4 million votes just by herself- I'd say about 75% or more of those votes will be retained and redirected, and not to Sanjaya. This happens each week as you go along now of course, especially since the Idol freaks are hell bent on Sanjaya not ruining the show.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Because it's funny. You either are in on the joke or aren't. Millions of Stern listeners find it funny and I am one of them. To sabatoge the #1 show in America, making them give a horrible singer a musical contract, priceless.
    If Sanjaya winning American Idol would make Simon, Paula, and Randy leave the show and make Fox cancel the show I'm all for him winning.

However, the millions of Stern listeners who wouldn't watch the show otherwise are increasing the ratings, thereby ensuring that American Idol will continue on even if Sanjaya wins. If Fox has the show at the peak of its ratings, there is no way they would cancel it even if the judges left. They would just find new judges to bring in and resume the show.
    If Sanjaya winning American Idol would make Simon, Paula, and Randy leave the show and make Fox cancel the show I'm all for him winning.

As the producer said in the interview I read, judges are under contract...they, nor the show are going anywhere for a while.

PBM

• JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • the concept of voting for the worst contestants is a good idea. People should know that the top 8-10 of american are signed to iron clad contracts that give the producers of American Idol a huge percentage of the profits from albums and tours. In theory, if the best are voted off they will find their own means of reaching success garnering a greater profit and those with less talent will be tied down with iron clad american idol contracts earning a profit from lackluster albums and tours which they wouldn't be able if they were voted off in order of talent.

More money to talent + money for the less talented + and it ruins the credibility of this awful show = everyone wins
    NickyNooch wrote:

STERN RULES.

ps its not 1993 anymore
    ps its not 1993 anymore

So, by that logic, we shouldn't listen to Pearl Jam anymore either, right? Stern is just as relevant and entertaining as he ever was. Sound familiar?
  • karma is a bitch. i hope all the people voting for sanjya on purpose are this understanding when they apply for a job and it's given to someone way less qualified.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAT27LhkQ-4
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    karma is a bitch. i hope all the people voting for sanjya on purpose are this understanding when they apply for a job and it's given to someone way less qualified.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAT27LhkQ-4

You aren't serious. You can't be.
  • DaveyBlueDaveyBlue Posts: 19
    I hate American Idol.
    Do you gamble? Every time I order out.