Year Zero (Digi Pack)

2»

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I just downloaded it and I've been listening to it on my mp3 player. Very good stuff. Gotta buy it asap.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Right can anyone translate binary? I made an attepmt but the only thing I got out of it was the number 96 and I used an online translator. Anyone able to do this?
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Binaural wrote:
    Right can anyone translate binary? I made an attepmt but the only thing I got out of it was the number 96 and I used an online translator. Anyone able to do this?
    It's been a while, but I might be able to. Actually, come to think of it, it will just translate to another number system. so there's probably no point. Why do you ask?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    It's been a while, but I might be able to. Actually, come to think of it, it will just translate to another number system. so there's probably no point. Why do you ask?

No you can translate Binary into letters aswell. There are a load of zeroes and ones on the CD itself, is that why you ask?

I've used this one before. You can translate numbers and letters into Binary, and translate Binary back into numbers and letters.

http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    audiodave wrote:
    No you can translate Binary into letters aswell. There are a load of zeroes and ones on the CD itself, is that why you ask?

I've used this one before. You can translate numbers and letters into Binary, and translate Binary back into numbers and letters.

http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php
    Yeah, I just think its worth a shot, I mean Trents hidden codes and web adresses etc everywhere, then we have a heat sensitive disc stick with binary on it. Like I said I got 96 but can anyone translate it into letter without using a translator cause I think I fucked up with the spaces between numbers and whatnot.

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Yeah, I just think its worth a shot, I mean Trents hidden codes and web adresses etc everywhere, then we have a heat sensitive disc stick with binary on it. Like I said I got 96 but can anyone translate it into letter without using a translator cause I think I fucked up with the spaces between numbers and whatnot.

I just did it and got exterminal.net

Pretty sure that's right as that website has already shown up, but it's cool to know where it came from.

When translating Binary you don't need any spaces between the strings of numbers.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    audiodave wrote:

When translating Binary you don't need any spaces between the strings of numbers.

That is true - I used a translation site back when we were doing the sky i scrape puzzles.

Well I have my copy!! I was trying not to listen to the streaming at nin.com too many times, so it would still be fresh when I got my copy, though I've been participating in all the website investigation that's been going on the last couple months. Of the songs I've been really liking Capitol G, Meet Your Master, The Good Soldier, The Great Destroyer, Vessel, God Given (Can you imagine Trent Reznor singing 'come on, everybody, sing along now' ??!! but it fits with the song and sounds right in context) and Another Version of the Truth, which is very haunting.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    SUCH A GOOD ALBUM!!! i love it
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    My buddy called me last night and said he has a copy of Year Zero in his possession. He said it looks fantastic and the booklet works with the concept story very nicely. This is great and all, but he said the most fucked up thing is the disc. When I asked him to elaborate he said it changes colours. He said when he opened the digi the disc is black. When he took it out of his disc player, it turned into a sandy colour. He said the sticker on the disc is heat sensitive and will even change colour from the heat of your fingers.

Trent keeps on rolling with new surprises for this release.

OMG it so is heat senstive. mine is now covered in my and my son's fingerprints. oh and besides that it's good music. i like when reznor's a bit aggro. i love the faux USBM warning on the back cover.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    My thoughts after two full days of listening.

I love this record and predict that I will feel the same way into the future. Unfortunately, its timing this week has created a soundtrack to tragedy that I think will be memorable, but that I'm sure Trent didn't intend.

The cover art is fantastic. I already see McMansions in as desolate a way as they are depicted here, so it's kind of jarring to see that someone else does as well.

Good work, Trent.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    On a huge NIN kick right now!!! Love all of Trent's work, gotta blast some more Year Zero!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    audiodave wrote:
    I just did it and got exterminal.net

Pretty sure that's right as that website has already shown up, but it's cool to know where it came from.

i just checked out that site... pretty messed up stuff
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • great disc from start to finish. a couple weak tracks in there, but overall, this album is a lot different from with teeth, and still great.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    great disc from start to finish. a couple weak tracks in there, but overall, this album is a lot different from with teeth, and still great.

Whereas With_Teeth was based on a layout similar to Pretty Hate Machine, Year Zero is more of a Broken/Downward Spiral type album.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I got it today, and I have to say it's damn good. I wasn't much of a fan of "With Teeth," but this one has got me hooked. Survivalism is my fave so far, but I am sure that I will find a few others that I will love.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
    I'm curious as to what the follow up singles will be. I'm sure Capital G is the next, but what about a third single? Possibly God Given?

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm curious as to what the follow up singles will be. I'm sure Capital G is the next, but what about a third single? Possibly God Given?

I could see God Given easily, or My Violent Heart or In This Twilight.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I'm curious as to what the follow up singles will be. I'm sure Capital G is the next, but what about a third single? Possibly God Given?

my vote is for god given.
    At the minute The Great Destroyer is my favourite track. No doubt.

Dublin 08/06

I've grown to love God Given, but the chorus is repetetive and monotonous. I really don't think it would work as a single. On first listen, Capital G was one of my favourite tracks, but after listening to the album a LOT, it is probably my least favourite.

Not that it matters if he releases any singles or not, and I couldn't care less either way, but I think The Good Soldier, The Beginning Of The End, or Meet Your Master would be good.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• I like this album... But I've listened to it A LOT, and my biggest annoyance with it is the amount of drum machine intros. Four bars of drums and into the song, and then the same thing to end it, out with four bars of drums. I think there are like 9 songs which do this same thing.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i love The Good Soldier.

Zero Sum makes me cry.