Options

Dani California

2»

Comments

• Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    just saw the video...funny shit! wish they had imitated Pearl Jam though, would have been better :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    I am very excited for the new album now. As for all the critics on the video, if you listen to the song he is saying "California rest in peace"... All of the scenes in the video were of people or fads that have long since died out... But look who is still around.. RHCP!~

HELL YEAH
  • Options
    HubcapHubcap Posts: 15
    i love it cant wait to see them this summer.
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    I'm tired of hearing about California.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    lephty wrote:
    I am very excited for the new album now. As for all the critics on the video, if you listen to the song he is saying "California rest in peace"... All of the scenes in the video were of people or fads that have long since died out... But look who is still around.. RHCP!~

HELL YEAH

I heard that California is actually "Dani's" last name. A Trilogy of sorts including Californication/By The Way/ Dani California
    NERDS!
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Watched the video loads and still not figured out who all the bands are.

Is the blonde hairspray band poison?

Who is it when Anthony is wearing the purple top-hat & the big white coat. Who's Flea when he has the 'fro and star sunglasses?
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    chris01 wrote:
    Watched the video loads and still not figured out who all the bands are.

Is the blonde hairspray band poison?

Who is it when Anthony is wearing the purple top-hat & the big white coat. Who's Flea when he has the 'fro and star sunglasses?
    i dont think they were dissing specific bands..cept for Misfits...but instead parodying the genres.

in the grunge one..Flea looks alittle like Eddie and Mike Inez haha
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I heard that California is actually "Dani's" last name. A Trilogy of sorts including Californication/By The Way/ Dani California

Anthony has stated that its a trilogy of those three songs.

Seen the video now, funny shit, I'm liking this song not as much as Quixoticelixer, Runaway or Bob but it's good.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i dont think they were dissing specific bands..cept for Misfits...but instead parodying the genres.

in the grunge one..Flea looks alittle like Eddie and Mike Inez haha

Oh i never thought they were dissing anyone, i was just wondering who they were charactered on cause it was bugging me, lol.

What genre does the dude in the top hat come under anyway?..... thats a new one on me, lol.
  • Options
    chris01 wrote:
    Oh i never thought they were dissing anyone, i was just wondering who they were charactered on cause it was bugging me, lol.

What genre does the dude in the top hat come under anyway?..... thats a new one on me, lol.

Not sure exactly who but very mid 70's glam rock, especially with Flea dressed as Bowie.
  • Options
    chris01 wrote:

yeh my bad..i used the wrong word..meant to use parody instead of diss

anyways the tophat bit has something to do with 70's glam but no idea who exactly.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh my bad..i used the wrong word..meant to use parody instead of diss

anyways the tophat bit has something to do with 70's glam but no idea who exactly.

only two that come to mind are Noddy Holder and Alice Cooper that i recall seeing in top hats
  • Options
    only two that come to mind are Noddy Holder and Alice Cooper that i recall seeing in top hats
    maybe the New York Dolls?

http://www.punk77.co.uk/graphics/newyorkdollsredpatentleather.jpg

this is from wikipedia..

Some of the other bands that the Peppers dress up as are: Ricky Nelson, Nirvana, Funkadelic, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Mothers Of Invention, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Sex Pistols, Mötley Crüe, Poison, KISS, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, The Cure, Van Halen, Prince and The Misfits.

YNWA
  • Options
    BradassBradass Posts: 88
    The misfits one is the best, heactually looks like Danzig.

Anyway, I just heard those other live ones off SA and now I can't wait until I go see em in July.
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    sounds like tom pettys last dance w mj
  • Options
    isn't this a double album? im very skeptical of double albums, lots of fillers. But I think i read somewhere that they wanted to release two records, but decided to make it a double album, so it may not contain fillers, who knows. The video/song was ok, not their best, but good nonetheless.
  • Options
    original plan was for a 3 disc album if i'm not wrong.
    so far the reviews coming in are pretty good..like the review from The Sun.

YNWA
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    original plan was for a 3 disc album if i'm not wrong.
    so far the reviews coming in are pretty good..like the review from The Sun.

Yep, you're right original plan was to make 3 discs and bring out every year 1 album. It was planned as a triple album!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    chris01 wrote:
    Who's Flea when he has the 'fro and star sunglasses?

My guess is Bootsy Collins from P-Funk
    NERDS!