Options

Dani California

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited April 2006 in Other Music
If anyone got this video, please PM me. Really looking forward to hearing this.
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    What did they do to AK's voice? That barely sounds like him....
  • Options
    CM1847 wrote:
    What did they do to AK's voice? That barely sounds like him....

huh?...sounds just like Anthony always sounds...anyways I love the Parliament and Misfits imitations...funny shit in that video
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    huh?...sounds just like Anthony always sounds...anyways I love the Parliament and Misfits imitations...funny shit in that video
    There is some distortion to his vocals. Listen to that song and then any song off of By The Way, I listened to about 5 of them and the vocals on Dani California are definitely distorted, it isn't his trademark vocal sound, close, but something is missing.

It is a decent song though, I just wish I wasn't so bugged by the vocals.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Chili Peppers = shitty music
  • Options
    jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    LongRoad wrote:

Great analysis.

Decent song, keeps my hopes up that the new record will be worthwhile. kind of a cheesy video though. Didn't Nirvana do the Beatles-esque performance about 13 years ago on the In Bloom video? Hell blink 182 or somebody did a video not too long ago where they dressed like other bands. No biggie. I'm not much for videos period.
    rock chalk
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:

That's the most absurd comment I've yet to see on this board, and I've seen some doozies! Chili Peppers are amazing musicians, who write incredibly tight, intricate, catchy songs. Although I could do without Anthony's cheezy ass lyrics, I don't think there's a tighter band musically.
  • Options
    jhawk98 wrote:
    Great analysis.

Decent song, keeps my hopes up that the new record will be worthwhile. kind of a cheesy video though. Didn't Nirvana do the Beatles-esque performance about 13 years ago on the In Bloom video? Hell blink 182 or somebody did a video not too long ago where they dressed like other bands. No biggie. I'm not much for videos period.

I agree, this theme's been done to no end, even the Backstreet Boys did something along these lines. Too bad, cause the Chili Peppers usually have great videos too.
  • Options
    Californication is one of the best music videos of the past 10 years. This one is a beat to death concept, but it is still amusing to watch, at least you get the fun of guessing who they are imitating.
  • Options
    i hate people who are over critical about music videos. what do yous expect from it other than something that will try and appeal to a mass audience? i like the video its been done before but so what. how many times have you seen an emo video with some moody teens shaking it up a bit. lol.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    this is the first peppers release im experiencing as a fan(i was a bit young for by the way, but i still liked it a bit...but still, i cant fucking wait for SA).....and this video is a great intro to it. catchy, funky, great chorus, great solo....i think the video is funny, even if its been done before. the sex pistols and misfits ones are my favorites.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    As i said before in another thread the guitar solo borrows a little from Purple Haze, but thats no bad thing great song, not as good as the recently released Quixoticelixer, Runaway and Bob though.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    was hoping the video would have a storyline or something but well still a decent video and an even better song ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:

Not you again...don't you belong in the pot smoking thread taking your beating?...Why are RHCP a shitty band? Because they don't take themselves too seriously and write really good, fun songs. I love PJ more than most every other band but sometimes I need a break from the seriousness of it all. Music doesn't always have to involve in depth introspection and using your music as a platform to rant or make your political agenda known. Sometimes music can just be about rolling down your windows and letting it be what it is. A lot of creative, raw energy and storytelling. Musically speaking I would call John Frusciante the best guitar player around right now (yes, even better than McCready) and Flea pretty much owns the style of slap bass. Chad Smith is an okay drummer. Anthony is a great frontman. He may not be able to translate his voice all that well on stage but in the studio RHCP do not put together junk. As for the video...its just a video people...a funny one at that.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Not you again...don't you belong in the pot smoking thread taking your beating?...Why are RHCP a shitty band? Because they don't take themselves too seriously and write really good, fun songs. I love PJ more than most every other band but sometimes I need a break from the seriousness of it all. Music doesn't always have to involve in depth introspection and using your music as a platform to rant or make your political agenda known. Sometimes music can just be about rolling down your windows and letting it be what it is. A lot of creative, raw energy and storytelling. Musically speaking I would call John Frusciante the best guitar player around right now (yes, even better than McCready) and Flea pretty much owns the style of slap bass. Chad Smith is an okay drummer. Anthony is a great frontman. He may not be able to translate his voice all that well on stage but in the studio RHCP do not put together junk. As for the video...its just a video people...a funny one at that.

I would say Chad is a really good drummer, he's pretty tight, and Anthony's vocals have got a lot better these last few years if you listen to some boots from early on even up to the OHM tour compared to the last 2 or 3 tours Anthony's got a lot better.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    If you listen to Kiedis on the first peppers album and on the newer ones the imrpovement is immense and obvious

as for Chad Smith, hes actually a great, creative drummer. tight but also can throw in cool little things here and there...my favorite being that neat little fill when venice queen picks up and the acoustic guitar comes in
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    oh Venice Queen one of my favorite Chilis tracks, it's just amazing all round really.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with the concept of the video, though I was a bit surprised that their history of rock jumps from 1994 Nirvana to, well, the 2006 Red Hot Chili Peppers. However, they did have to stuff 50+ years of history into 4 minutes and 46 seconds.

This song and a fondness for some of their past songs is the only reason I'm interested in Stadium Arcadium. The Chili Peppers have always been a hit and miss band with me (not a single album of their's that I acutally like), and I really couldn't be moved to care when their last album came out. However, I like the new song well enough.
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    It's a good song, but a little too simple if you know what i mean. I can't wait for Stadium Arcadium, i've heard some live versions of some of the songs and i'll say this the funk is back! The tracks i've heard are like a cross between BSSM and By The Way - awesome!
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    What a fucking beat. John is the man.
  • Options
    Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    What a fucking beat. John is the man.

He is. Awesome song, awesome singing, awesome bassing, awesome drumming, awesome FRU.

...and so catchy!
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • Options
    dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    GUN VIDEO!! to bad they didnt dress up as pearl jam
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    culot4 wrote:
    Why are RHCP a shitty band?

Because their music sucks, thats why.

Hey, this is only my opinion. If you wanna listen to it, go right ahead.
  • Options
    Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    LongRoad wrote:
    Because their music sucks, thats why.

Hey, this is only my opinion. If you wanna listen to it, go right ahead.

How kind...
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The vid is right on the website now. I liked it - cute concept. Loved the RHCP and looks like I will continue. Anthony as Kurt. what a trip.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    watched it on mtv today..damn the song sounds so good with good quality sound.
    Flea's basslines are really good in this one.
    the crappy quality mp3 floating around does no justice to the song
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    didn't like it much. but since it's a double album i hope there is more than meet the eye...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    the song is a grower...definitely expect better songs on the album

YNWA
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    amen brother.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute