Tasteful Metal

13»

Comments

• gtbrown77 wrote:
    I like Cradle of Filth's "Nymphetamine" album, but haven't heard any of their other stuf...some people like 'em, and others despise them.
    Nymphetamine is actually one of their worst albums. To get good CoF see their few few releases, particularly 'Dusk and her Embrace' which is fantastic. Of their later, more polished stuff, 'Midian' is the best.
  • MatchesMatches Posts: 12
    I heard a Wednesday 13 song on a Terrorizer cd recently and it wasn't so hot.

Yeah, I heard the newest cd today (Bang Fang or Fang Bang... something like that) and the new cd was lacking. Trans. 90210 is much better than the new stuff. Feels like it is just missing something all together that 90210 had.
  • drew0 wrote:
    I'm trying to get into metal, but I can't find any tasteful metal that I like. It's hard to say what I'm looking for, but I've been listening to a lot of Deftones and Metallica lately, and want more heavy stuff. I've tried Pantera, like some of the stuff - some of their work I find to not be as good, though. I love Five Minutes Alone, and just about anything I've heard by the Deftones (mainly their bigger hits and all of White Pony), and anything by Metallica from Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, and Justice For All. What are some other songs / bands that would be appealing to fans of that type of metal? I tried Mastodon, and the only song I liked was Blood & Thunder.

Dio, iron maiden, judas priest
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows