The BEST new artist!

2»

Comments

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    My Morning Jacket

the Black Keys
    This is getting out of hand, MMJ has been around since the 90s and The Black Keys at least 4-5 years as well.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Bu$hleague wrote:
    the rapper Sage Francis is just awesome too

been around a few years
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • bloc party got my vote
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    Echoes wrote:
    James Blunt should be shot.

Just point me in the right direction and I'll get right on it. For the life of me I cannot understand his popularity. There are other artists out there of a similar ilk that are far superior to this whiny, bland, tedium.

As for new artists, I'm not really up on new stuff, but I do have a reluctant soft spot for Kaiser Chiefs... they make me smile, not enough bands around that do that.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
    BLOC PARTY...hands down.
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    The Arctic Monkeys
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    guess im the only guy that loves Ok Go. both their albums are addictive. i love them!

im curious about the dissociatives... were they the drummer's project or daniel johns? cos i heard daniel johns was working with some techno artist and if there's on thing i LOATHE it's when rock bands try to dabble in electronica (im lookin at you radiohead).
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Griffin House
    The Hold Steady
    Animal Collective (not so new but really good)
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    pariah wrote:
    They're not that new, but I think Bloc Party is the best band that has emerged since At The Drive-In... Silent Alarm is a stunnig debut.

No, they're not that new because their album was released in 1979. Wait, who am I kidding, that one was so much better! I'm sorry, I just hate Bloc Party--not only because they rip off one of my favorite bands, but they represent what is wrong with many bands these days that do the same thing (but worse). I understand that old music influences new music, but when the new music doesn't make it sound fresh or have you look at it in a new way--then it just sucks. Bloc Party, ugh.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    fife wrote:
    best new band Wilco or white strips. no offense but they have been around for a very long time. and i am so tired of The Arcade Fire. every where i go i hear them and i am sick of it. the best new band that i have heard is Metric.

i'm sick of the Arcade Fire too, I never really thought they were that great. I play their music when I clean. And I love Metric. Thanks for making me realize I like something (I was getting worried). Metric, and someone mentioned Wolf Parade--I think they're alright.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • If we're talking about most talented....

Raul Midon.
    ::Mike
  • The Kooks are outstandingly good, its actually unreal...

I put it out there that, minus pretty much anything pearl jam have done, the kooks album is probably one of the best 3 albums ive ever heard...

chow
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Wolfmother and The Raconteurs
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    VictoryGin wrote:
    No, they're not that new because their album was released in 1979. Wait, who am I kidding, that one was so much better! I'm sorry, I just hate Bloc Party--not only because they rip off one of my favorite bands, but they represent what is wrong with many bands these days that do the same thing (but worse). I understand that old music influences new music, but when the new music doesn't make it sound fresh or have you look at it in a new way--then it just sucks. Bloc Party, ugh.

ok, call me clueless... who does bloc party rip off? what 1979 album are you referring to? i love the bloc party album...

my votes go to bloc party and ok go (not THAT new but new enough). snow patrol is also a good band that might be "new" to american audiences.

james blunt deserves to die for writing perhaps the worst song i have ever heard in my life. that fucking beautiful song. atrocious.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Pearl Jam
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    these bands are new(er)...some have been around for awhile

Kings of Leon
    Wolfmother
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    My Morning Jacket
    The Black Keys

all great, semi known, semi unknown bands.....most good bands dont get the credit they deserve these days

EDIT: I forgot the Strokes. Whats the matter with me. Amazing band.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • What exactly do people mean by "new" cause although I agree that bloc party are great they have been around for over 2 years and people are mentioning bands like franz ferdinand, wilco and the white stripes etc which have been around for ages.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i think they are fairly new, band of horses is awesome.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • theres a lot of good new bands out right now.

The Subways- garage rock pop
    Wolfmother- retro classic rock sounding
    Two Gallants- folk/traditional
    Cold war Kids- Indie
  • larslars Posts: 524
    wolfmother
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    kdpjam wrote:
    i think they are fairly new, band of horses is awesome.

Yeah as for bands that came out in the past couple years Band of Horses. There are a lot of bands from about 6 years ago or so that are awesome

mars volta
    mastodon
    arcade fire
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I really like the Gnarles Barkley dude. That song crazy....
    Also Blue October. So many out there. It's hard to pick just one or two!
    "If it takes my whole life, I won't break I won't bend."
    -S. McLachlan
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Architecture in Helsinki.
    Art Brut.
    Menomena.
    Scanners.
    The Sound of Animals Fighting.
    Zaar.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate